Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree710Likes

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

This was already partially covered in the thread but i thought id add a bit more info in case it helps someone with their purchasing decision.

There are a number of differences between the b64d and the club racer. These include:

* Shock towers (graphite vs carbon)
* Rear hexes (aluminium vs plastic)
* Servo top plate - carbon vs plastic
* no front sway bar on the club racer
* Diff gears - composite vs metal
* Different roll centre a arm holders

The manual specs differs between the two. Suspension oil, springs and pistons differ. As does the suggested way to setup all the turn buckles. I imagine these would feel like quite different cars to drive "out of the box"

Last edited by Maraach; 12-16-2017 at 02:26 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Got my Hudy setup station today from the LHS! Guess we will see how close (or far) I was from calipers and eyeballing it!!
Old 12-16-2017, 07:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maraach

* Shock towers (graphite vs carbon)
Graphite and carbon are technically the same thing, though I don't know why they'd interchange the words in marketing copy. 'Carbon' is a far more marketable word today.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Hello guys, may I ask for a good carpet hi grip indoor track set up? Because the manual kit set up in the back of the book does not match what it has you do while you assembling the car ....shock tower positions ABC and D mounts are different, rear hub links settings are different, hub inserts are different ... for instance the building steps say front shock 37.5 rear shock 27.5 then you go to the back at the kit set up it says 37.5 wt front 30 wt rear for shock springs it says yellow front rear green my kit came with purple fronts and white rears???? The pill locations are totally different just feeling really frustrated! I’m not worried about tires and thank you in advance.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Team Associated B64 & B64D Setup Sheets
Old 12-17-2017, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Thank you sir
Old 12-17-2017, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Davidka
Graphite and carbon are technically the same thing, though I don't know why they'd interchange the words in marketing copy. 'Carbon' is a far more marketable word today.
Im not a materials expert so wont comment on your statement however can confirm that the shock towers between the two kits are indeed different - it isnt just terminology.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:12 AM
Tech Addict

Im not a materials expert so wont comment on your statement however can confirm that the shock towers between the two kits are indeed different - it isnt just terminology.
The b64CR front tower has only the inner row of camber links, while the b64 tower has 2 additional short camber link positions. The b64CR shock positions on the front tower are also located 1 position further outwards(shock more stood up). The same goes for the rear camber link area on the b64CR, it doesn't have the row of short camber link positions, but the shock mounting holes are in the same spot.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trf211
The b64CR front tower has only the inner row of camber links, while the b64 tower has 2 additional short camber link positions. The b64CR shock positions on the front tower are also located 1 position further outwards(shock more stood up). The same goes for the rear camber link area on the b64CR, it doesn't have the row of short camber link positions, but the shock mounting holes are in the same spot.
Thanks for the detailed response - you seem to know your cars well. Do you know why the turn buckle setup between the 2 cars is so different?

Also does anyone know if the chassis is different? The standard seems a smoother metal and has the logo stamped.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:42 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the detailed response - you seem to know your cars well. Do you know why the turn buckle setup between the 2 cars is so different?

Also does anyone know if the chassis is different? The standard seems a smoother metal and has the logo stamped.
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is just to simplify the range of adjustments for the people buying it. As AE has the CR marketed as a buggy for people interested in getting started in 4wd racing.

I also notice the difference between the chassis in the CR and other kits. The chassis with the logo on it is a darker anodizing, could be a different metal or just harder coating. The CR chassis is a paler color, can't remember if the machining was any different.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trf211
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is just to simplify the range of adjustments for the people buying it. As AE has the CR marketed as a buggy for people interested in getting started in 4wd racing.

I also notice the difference between the chassis in the CR and other kits. The chassis with the logo on it is a darker anodizing, could be a different metal or just harder coating. The CR chassis is a paler color, can't remember if the machining was any different.
From what i understand the turnbuckles and ballcups themselves are identical - however the recommended lengths differ by a fair margin. This surprises me as if i understand correctly this would impact the geometary of the car? I would understand the b64 and b64d differing but they are they same - the b64CR is different on every measure though.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

From what i understand the turnbuckles and ballcups themselves are identical - however the recommended lengths differ by a fair margin. This surprises me as if i understand correctly this would impact the geometary of the car? I would understand the b64 and b64d differing but they are they same - the b64CR is different on every measure though.
The turnbuckle lengths will differ depending on ride height, camber setting and the links position. The recommended lengths are just a guideline, they might end up slightly different for your particular setup.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

CR towers vs standard towers. 2nd photo is of a b64 long tower so the shock positions are different.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Has anyone had any issues installing the battery spacers, specifically the rear one? I cannot seem to figure out how to secure it.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TRIPLE 675
Has anyone had any issues installing the battery spacers, specifically the rear one? I cannot seem to figure out how to secure it.
There should be a slot by the battery post that the tab of the battery spacer slides into. Sometimes it can be hard to get the spacer in and I recommend loosening the screws for the battery posts and retighten them after they are in place.
eddosi likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.