R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated RC10B64 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/968837-team-associated-rc10b64-thread.html)

Krio 10-10-2017 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by hardijs (Post 15049697)
ok, thicker diff oils that I understood, actually that is onother inclination from LV setup...setup said 15k oils, but I used kit 10k oils as 15k I had not aviliable...so it might be a reason.
but what I should do to get less ackerman?
should I add additional or remove 1mm spacer from steering rack?

Add spacers on the steering rack to move the ball stud further forward, but test with just the oils first. Don't want to go crazy and then you will know exactly what changing the oils did vs wondering how much of the change was from the ackerman vs the oil.

hardijs 10-10-2017 11:55 AM

15mm rear ride height

and how to get at the rear ride height 15mm?
an other spring recomendations?
or need to cut stock AE springs? if yes- how many coils off?

hardijs 10-10-2017 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Krio (Post 15049700)
Add spacers on the steering rack to move the ball stud further forward, but test with just the oils first. Don't want to go crazy and then you will know exactly what changing the oils did vs wondering how much of the change was from the ackerman vs the oil.

thanks!
and sure, one setup change per time, diff oils will change at home, but ackerman will test on site before the race at practice laps.

onother setup change - rear pistons stock ones 2x1.7mm -> if those I change to 2x1.9mm +thicker oils - should it affect also onpower steering?

asking it all, because car was almost good, just a bit was a lack of onpower steering and jump landing felt a bit to much pack at the rear, so thats why I think is sence to change rear pistons holes to 1.9mm... but not sure if it will not reduce onpower steerin even more...

Krio 10-10-2017 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by hardijs (Post 15049708)
thanks!
and sure, one setup change per time, diff oils will change at home, but ackerman will test on site before the race at practice laps.

onother setup change - rear pistons stock ones 2x1.7mm -> if those I change to 2x1.9mm +thicker oils - should it affect also onpower steering?

asking it all, because car was almost good, just a bit was a lack of onpower steering and jump landing felt a bit to much pack at the rear, so thats why I think is sence to change rear pistons holes to 1.9mm... but not sure if it will not reduce onpower steerin even more...

Going to larger holes and thicker oil will keep the overall low speed (low shock shaft speed that is) damping similar to what you currently have and won't really affect on or off power steering. If you do make that change, the car might handle stutter-bumps better at the expense of chassis slapping more on hard landings.

Krio 10-10-2017 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by hardijs (Post 15049704)

Have you adjusted the pills in the rear hubs? Gone to short shock eyelets? Used the shortest spring mounts?

I don't suggest cutting the springs as they can compress erratically without the end coils that are nicely finished for the spring perches. Not to mention it completely changes the spring rate.

hardijs 10-10-2017 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Krio (Post 15049715)
Have you adjusted the pills in the rear hubs? Gone to short shock eyelets? Used the shortest spring mounts?

I don't suggest cutting the springs as they can compress erratically without the end coils that are nicely finished for the spring perches. Not to mention it completely changes the spring rate.

I`m pretty sure I have everything done right... and minimum I can get is 17mm at the rear.
the only reason why team drives can do 15mm ride height rear and I can`t I think it`s because they use kashima bodies, but I have the stock ones...could it be so??

Krio 10-10-2017 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by hardijs (Post 15049754)
I`m pretty sure I have everything done right... and minimum I can get is 17mm at the rear.
the only reason why team drives can do 15mm ride height rear and I can`t I think it`s because they use kashima bodies, but I have the stock ones...could it be so??

The kashima shock bodies shouldn't affect the ride height. Do you have the HRC hinge pin mounts installed? Can you take a picture of your suspension without the wheels/tires on? That could help us see if there's something off.

hardijs 10-10-2017 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Krio (Post 15049756)
The kashima shock bodies shouldn't affect the ride height. Do you have the HRC hinge pin mounts installed? Can you take a picture of your suspension without the wheels/tires on? That could help us see if there's something off.

I have stock hinge pin holders..LV setup also says LRC not HRC hinge pin holders...

hardijs 10-10-2017 01:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
pictures

bigfatboldie 10-10-2017 01:57 PM

It's not needed to cut your springs. With a short eyelet on your shockshaft and 5mm spring cups you should be fine. I come to 14.5mm.

Regarding on power steering a thicker rear roll bar should also help.

urnotevenwrg2 10-10-2017 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by hardijs (Post 15049697)
ok, thicker diff oils that I understood, actually that is onother inclination from LV setup...setup said 15k oils, but I used kit 10k oils as 15k I had not aviliable...so it might be a reason.
but what I should do to get less ackerman?
should I add additional or remove 1mm spacer from steering rack?

The thing about setups, is each adjustment works with other adjustments in a certain way. You have half of one setup, and half of another setup. I really doubt your car actually handles that well. You probably lack the driving ability to see the shortcomings of this 50/50 setup you are running. Either copy the LV setup exactly, or go to the full kit setup and start making changes to that based on what you want the car to do differently.

FanBoi 10-10-2017 05:21 PM

Can you push your spring cups any further down on your eyelet?

5tone 10-10-2017 09:29 PM

front upper brace

I'd give a try to the N.Cragg astro setup last race and my car was pretty handle and easy to drive.
I ride it without the front upper brace.
Could I reproduce this setup on carpet ?
Will it be risky for the chassis ? (on hard landings for example )

Krio 10-11-2017 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by hardijs (Post 15049794)
pictures

The only thing I can possibly see is the shock eyelets on the end of the shock shafts look like they are the long ones.

LA-2-AL 10-11-2017 08:18 AM

I'm at the same 17mm with white springs (same locations) but still have 4mm of adjustment left,, if I run them all the way up like your's are, I can get it down to 12mm