Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Traxxas rustler question >

Traxxas rustler question

Traxxas rustler question

Old 11-03-2016, 02:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas rustler question

Hi guys Im really looking for some advice. I have bought a nearly new traxxas rustler for my son for Christmas which I received today. It looks good,very clean only a couple of scuffs. But I know nothing about rcs and noticed a noise when you push it on a surface...

https://youtu.be/7nJwfCP7JDM

When you pick the car up the rear wheels move freely. It's only one a surface that there is resistance and this noise. It might be completely normal but didn't really know who to ask. I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance
Old 11-03-2016, 02:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Normal. Thats the sound of the motor spinning. Just make sure that the spur and pinion gear are not completely meshed. There needs to be an ever so slight gap between the teeth in the geers. About as thick as a piece of paper.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Normal. Thats the sound of the motor spinning. Just make sure that the spur and pinion gear are not completely meshed. There needs to be an ever so slight gap between the teeth in the geers. About as thick as a piece of paper.
I wouldn't even know where to begin mate to be honest. I've never had any experience with rc cars :/
Old 11-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darren475 View Post
I wouldn't even know where to begin mate to be honest. I've never had any experience with rc cars :/
check out YouTube there should be a tutorial on how to set gear mesh on a Rustler.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rannblod View Post
check out YouTube there should be a tutorial on how to set gear mesh on a Rustler.
I'll take a look, thanks. But your general opinion is that's a normal sound is it?
Old 11-03-2016, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darren475 View Post
I'll take a look, thanks. But your general opinion is that's a normal sound is it?
yes it's a normal sound.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I'm assuming that's a brushed motor? Sounds normal. Maybe it's just the video, but sounds like my 8th scale ebuggy when you roll it. By that I mean it sounds louder than what I'm used to with 10th scale motors. Sounds like normal motor noise though.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
I'm assuming that's a brushed motor? Sounds normal. Maybe it's just the video, but sounds like my 8th scale ebuggy when you roll it. By that I mean it sounds louder than what I'm used to with 10th scale motors. Sounds like normal motor noise though.
Hi mate, it's the brushless vxl version