Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
B5m vs B6d on indoor clay >

B5m vs B6d on indoor clay

B5m vs B6d on indoor clay

Old 11-01-2016, 06:33 AM
  #1  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (81)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hammonton, NJ
Posts: 926
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default B5m vs B6d on indoor clay

I'm curious for those that have run both cars if there is a noticeable difference in the 2 cars on an indoor clay track (bumps and jumps). I have a b5m I ran indoor last season rather competitively. Is it worthwhile to upgrade to the b6d for mod class?
tom73 is offline  
Old 11-01-2016, 06:55 AM
  #2  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 338
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Not really... If you have a 5 car that works stick with it.
DustinEich is offline  
Old 11-01-2016, 09:27 PM
  #3  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

I still run my B5M this season from last year indoor same track with mod 2wd, honestly inless your a A-main driver and quite good i don't think you will notice a difference with the B6D which doesn't look that much of a difference accept the Narrower front shock tower . I would just tune some stuff on the B5M to get it to your liking .

B6 that's totally different .
tc5 man is offline  
Old 11-02-2016, 10:10 AM
  #4  
Tech Initiate
 
soniccj5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 35
Default

I've been racing both the B5M(17.5) and B6D(10.5) on an indoor clay track med/high grip. They are both very close in handling characteristics.
soniccj5 is offline  
Old 11-02-2016, 10:19 AM
  #5  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tsair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 979
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Have you guys tried laydown and forward-mounted shocks?

My B6D with laydown runs circles around my B5M. I found there to be a huge improvement on indoor medium-high grip clay.
tsair is offline  
Old 11-02-2016, 11:15 AM
  #6  
Tech Initiate
 
soniccj5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 35
Default

Originally Posted by tsair View Post
Have you guys tried laydown and forward-mounted shocks?

My B6D with laydown runs circles around my B5M. I found there to be a huge improvement on indoor medium-high grip clay.
I tried the laydown to begin with, but had traction issues after the track was reconfigured. Might try it again in the future.
soniccj5 is offline  
Old 11-02-2016, 01:31 PM
  #7  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (81)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hammonton, NJ
Posts: 926
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for all of the responses. I'm sure I will find out more once I get out to the track.
tom73 is offline  
Old 11-02-2016, 01:43 PM
  #8  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,343
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tsair View Post
Have you guys tried laydown and forward-mounted shocks?

My B6D with laydown runs circles around my B5M. I found there to be a huge improvement on indoor medium-high grip clay.
I qualified 3rd out of 23 stock buggies with my B5M lite last week. Car was good, rough luck in the main. Hot lapped the field in quals and the main the week before. Drove another A main racers B6d with laydown after the races......my B6d arrived today and I'll be ordering my laydown tranny plus other option parts tomorrow!

There's always gonna be personal preference, set up, option parts, etc. But as good as my B5 lite is I just liked the B6d w/lay down better, at my track. I'll be faster with a B6d/laydown than I am with my B5m lite for sure.
racer1812 is offline  
Old 11-02-2016, 01:49 PM
  #9  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

You can get a lay down for the B5M but if it cost $100 no point .
tc5 man is offline  
Old 11-02-2016, 01:54 PM
  #10  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,085
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I qualified 3rd out of 23 stock buggies with my B5M lite last week. Car was good, rough luck in the main. Hot lapped the field in quals and the main the week before. Drove another A main racers B6d with laydown after the races......my B6d arrived today and I'll be ordering my laydown tranny plus other option parts tomorrow!

There's always gonna be personal preference, set up, option parts, etc. But as good as my B5 lite is I just liked the B6d w/lay down better, at my track. I'll be faster with a B6d/laydown than I am with my B5m lite for sure.
Is 23 novice entries a normal thing at your track, or was that a large race or something?
Cpt.America is offline  
Old 11-03-2016, 05:44 AM
  #11  
Tech Champion
 
Mason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ocala, Florida
Posts: 5,459
Default

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Is 23 novice entries a normal thing at your track, or was that a large race or something?
that's pretty brutal for a thursday. Friday, not at all but thursday? daaaaaamn.
Mason is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.