R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   any1 have or had kyosho lazer zxr (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/96599-any1-have-had-kyosho-lazer-zxr.html)

rc pro 01-07-2006 08:00 AM

any1 have or had kyosho lazer zxr

i was wondering if any1 has any info about this 4wheel drive buggy .... its all graphite any info would help.. thanks :sneaky:

Davidka 01-07-2006 08:07 AM

If you are refering to the old ZX-R I have on unbuilt. It is a 2 belt drive train and a double deck graphite chassis.

rc pro 01-07-2006 08:55 AM

how old is it?

adam lancia 01-08-2006 02:17 PM

the original lazer zx is almost 16 years old. there have been many models since then.....

Hatebreed 01-08-2006 04:11 PM

the lazer zx was releasd sometime 90-91 i think. then after that K released the ZXR in `92. then they released a evolution of the ZXR, ZXRR in 94, it had a new slipper, new dampers and some more features, i had one back then, was a quite good car, but the plastic in the was was quite weak and the arm mounts got trashed quite easily even in light crashes.
then after that they released the ZXS, with losi shocks, carbon fibre and some other nice stuff, this was about 96-97. but after that car i dont know if they had a official car out. i have seen alot of prototype pictures of kyosho cars. but no production models until the ZX5 that is out now.

bender 01-08-2006 09:25 PM

The Original ZX Lazer was released in late Oct 1989, only a few months after the prototypes debuted at the 89 World Champs in Sydney.

Depending upon where they were sold, the car was updated as:

ZX-R (1991)
ZX-R MkII (1992)
ZX-RR (1994)
ZX-S (1997?)
ZX-S Evolution. This was the final version, and with the exception of the suspension arms and diffs, bears little similarity to earlier versions.

rc pro 01-09-2006 03:49 PM

how do you know which 1 it is ? it has carbon fiber .. and the shock are gold alum... any info would help...

bender 01-09-2006 09:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by rc pro
how do you know which 1 it is ? it has carbon fiber .. and the shock are gold alum... any info would help...

Well thats where it gets tricky, as Kyosho sold the cars with different specs, depending upon where they were sold. The biggest difference was that most US kits had graphite chassis, everywhere else they were sold with FRP chassis, though the last 2 versions were sold as graphite chassis only.

Differences are: (and this is just off the top of my head)

ZX - Original Lazer had a third ball diff mounted in the spur gear, big bulky body, and shock towers with huge amount of holes for adjusting shock angles positions.

ZX-R - New body, one piece upper deck , third diff replaced with slipper clutch, lighter arms, shocks towers with only a couple of shock mounting holes, and longer front shocks.

ZX-R MkII - New chassis with cells moved back (which also meant new motor plate and few other bits), redrilled C-hubs for more castor and wider track, and new front shock tower with more holes and more inclined mounted shocks.

ZX-RR - Not too sure about this one, but I believe it was a ZX-R MkII with new slipper clutch and new shocks.

ZX-S - Completely new chassis design featuring kick up front end, open gearboxes with alloy posts between carbon fibre plates, and new steering bellcranks. New upper front arms using tiny turnbuckles (like Yokomo YZ10), Losi shocks included on new towers. New body too (based on the old Optima Mid Custom)

ZX-S Evo - As above but with Kyosho newest shocks and white rims. Not sure of any other changes.

Attached pictures are of a ZX-S and a ZX-S Evo

rc pro 01-10-2006 07:16 AM

hi would you know the diff. if i show you somer pics of it ? i just need your e-mail adress . heres some more specs it has a slipper clutch it has alum. plate under the servo . it has yellow rims . it has drive shafts . it has small ti rods . it has gold shocks . it has 6 holes in the top shock tower with no suport on the top . it has shock ajustable colers .the wing mount ataches to the rear diff . the a arems has 3 holes . just let me know thanks for your help guys .

bender 01-10-2006 08:59 PM

It sounds like a ZXR. I'll PM you my email address if you want to send me some pics.

Alternatively, you could just post them here ;)

rc pro 01-11-2006 07:53 AM

pics sent....

h_a_i_d_i 04-15-2006 03:56 AM

Hi,

Can someone help me? I'm looking for internal ratio for the Kyosho Lazer ZXRR. Is it possible also to get a copy of the manual?

Many thanks.

bender 04-15-2006 05:51 AM

If I remember right the internal is 2.21:1

Sorry, can't help with the manual :(

rc pro 04-15-2006 08:42 AM

bender you got a pm....

h_a_i_d_i 04-16-2006 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by bender
If I remember right the internal is 2.21:1

Sorry, can't help with the manual :(

Thanks a lot bender for the ratio...appreciate it alot... :smile: