Our RC10GT!

Old 01-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Default Our RC10GT!

We got ourselves a racer to battle our XXX-NT on the track! This old version of the RC10GT features the black tub chassis. Check it out by going to www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/RC10GT.html. Sorry I don't want to post specs and pics here, but I just finished that page and a couple other ones for later so I am a bit typed out at the moment...

If anyone has any tuning/set up tips for the new racer please let us know. I have experience with O.S. engines, as well as the RC10T2 (Which uses the same front suspension and many rear suspension components) but I was hoping someone could help us with some exclusive tips and tricks. We want to get to know this thing inside and out before we start to race it, so if there are any little secrets we should know we would appreciate it if someone would let us in on them...

Thanks guys!
Old 01-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Bud
Tech Master

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUX82&P=Z
That's where I'd start. The tub chassis flexes too much. I don't think you're going to be able to turn like you'll want with the pipe out the back like it is. A GT doesn't dive into a corner very well anyway. I've seen gt's with the rec packmounted on the steering servo to help the steering. Might try that to counter balance the pipe. Just a thought.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

www.rc10gthobby.com

Best GT site out there. Check it out, tons of good GT info, tuning tips etc...
Old 01-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

I bookmarked that one!

I never thought about putting the reciever pack on top of the steering servo. That sounds like it's definatly worth a shot. Thanks!

As far as the blue chassis goes... if we decide to go for something stiffer, we'll just make one and powder coat it blue. We have enough 1/8" and 3/16" T6 to go around.

Thanks for all the advice. Keep it coming.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

get rid of that head on the motor and get the o donnel head - I think nitrohouse has them for dirt cheap. A very wise investment.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you put the reciever pack over the steering servo you'll never find the traction you need. Unless you're on a very high traction track. That's my thoughts anyhow.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:33 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have an RC10GT just like that

TUB CHASSIS LOVE!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Old 01-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Bud
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jbrow1
If you put the reciever pack over the steering servo you'll never find the traction you need. Unless you're on a very high traction track. That's my thoughts anyhow.
The on power steering on a gt sucks and with the exaust going out the back like he has it, he won't have any turn in entering a corner unless he's hard on the brakes. The batt mounted forward might help. Might not too. Another option for him to try if he has cornering problems.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Shock limiters and playing with the hub positions is the way to make the gt turn. I just think if you take that much weight off the rear tires you'll be spinning doughnuts coming out of the turns. But I run on a pretty slick track usually so may be biased. I used to run that pipe but quit because it took away to much low end.

BTW platinum, nice lookin tub!! Don't see many around hardly ever.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

We like how clean it keeps everything. It's virtually waterproof unless you really run over a puddle and sink the chassis.

It has plenty of off power steering, which suprised me because in order to get my NT around a track back when I used to race it, it would push the fronts and then dig in when I let off and shifted forward... cutting too hard on the corner. I couldn't get the truck balanced good enough for any on-power steering, and as soon as you let off it would start to dig in. I had to play with roll center and camber adjustments until I got it to a managable state, but this is not so with the GT the way it is. I was suprised, because the design and suspension geometry is so old when compared to the NT. The only complaint I have thus far is the springless clutch. It is a bit inconsistant and doesn't grab so well at low RPM's. I was thinking of replacing it for a 3 shoe HPI clutch similar to the one I run in my GV Super Cobra. What do you guys think?
Old 01-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Bud
Tech Master

You're just gonna have to try different setups till you find what works best for your track and driving style. This is a pretty good clutch. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAX13&P=ML I've got 2 gt's. One has the stock clutch and one has this one. The mip is more adjustable. I've never had a problem with either one.

A buddy just called. We're gonna run the trucks (4 of us) and fly the planes tomorrow. Should be fun.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

So, what makes that now? Your 20th R/C?

Very nice. What made you get the tub style version? Originality?

I also like the idea of the RX pack on the servo. How is the pack held on?

Do you have any idea what company makes that rear, exiting manifold?