Wiki Posts
Search

How to make a Buggy turn faster

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default How to make a Buggy turn faster

Needing some help getting a buggy to turn better on a small carpet track. Below is what I have and needing some help as to what I can do to improve turning. Thanks!

BM5
Savox TG Servo (.07) cant remember the model #
Aluminum Bellcrack
Using DX4C Controller (stock settings 100% Steering L/F, and have tried up to 150% Steering L/F, Haven't messed with Expo settings (not sure what to set at or change)
Springs (Stock) would going to a softer or harder spring help? Where would you put the compression for the spring for more steering (lower or higher on the tower? (close to the top or closer to the track/)
Battery Location help? (I am using a short pack and have it as far forward as possible)

I am running Electrons for tires front and rear. I have tried Slicks (these seem to have to much grip and makes it harder to turn in corners)

What should I change on my radio (DX4C)
Anything I can add / change on the buggy to improve steering?
Old 10-08-2016, 09:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...or-thread.html
Old 10-08-2016, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There are several changes you can make. The question is which one do you do 1st.

If I think I have a good base set up, I decide how big a change I need. A small change might be another 1/2 degree negative camber on the front, a little more tow out on the front or lower the front ride height 1mm.

A bigger change would be either softer springs on the front or harder springs on the rear. I tend to fix the end that has the problem 1st, so I would change the front.

As far as slicks having too much grip - you just aren't tuned for them.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Shouldn't take much for a 2wd buggy to turn faster.

Easy thing to do is move the battery forward and is quite a noticeable difference on the B5M at least on 4 gear mid motor .

Than camber and ride height if you put just one rate stiffer springs on the Front end it will make it more responsive or do stiffer all around .

What kind of traction is the surface you are running on ?

If you are running on med grip, or higher ive notice that the 4 gear mid motor tends to understeer on quite tight turns at least with the stock springs. 3 gear is better .
Old 10-09-2016, 12:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Thread closed. Please use the link provided in the 2nd post and post in that section.