Wiki Posts
Search

Snow basher

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Snow basher

Ive got a T3 sitting here. Im thinking about using it as a winter/snow basher. Does anyone make now ski's for use on the front of r/c trucks? What about rear tire selection? Should I use sand/mud tires or something else? Since it would be used in snow obviously everything will get wet, what kind of precautions should I take? Should I be spraying the truck down with wd40 after playing in the snow? Will wd40 eat the plastic parts? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I have seen a pic of someone with ski's mounted but I am not sure how they key the T3 from just sinking right into the loose snow.

I tried some snow bashing when I was in connecticut with my T4 with some imex Jdawg tires, lots of donuts on the hard packed stuff, fluffy stuff I just got stuck.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My idea for keeping it from sinking and getting traction was to make a dually conversion so that there are two wheels coupled together at each rear axle and use snow chains on all four of the rear tires. The snow chains would be easy enough to make with some small chain from the hardware store and some good pliers. The ski's I havent figured out yet. Wish they still made kits like this ONE
No matter, the T3 is up for sale now. Maybe ill try it later with an old rustler or something else cheap like that.