Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Help with Losi 22 Buggy set up >

Help with Losi 22 Buggy set up

Help with Losi 22 Buggy set up

Old 09-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help with Losi 22 Buggy set up

Hi I am new to electric, I've always had nitro vehicles years ago but got out of the hobby for a few years and now getting back into it and I purchased a used Losi 22 Buggy, the buggy came with a Duratrax 13.5t 2850kv brushless motor, LRP Flow Works ESC which I did update the firmware to 3.8 and I love it! It needed a new pinion gear so I put a Losi aluminum 26 tooth pinion with a losi HDS kevlar 82 tooth spur gear and then installed the HDS slipper pads, new slipper spring & nut, & Losi gear diff cover. Other than that and new tires I haven't done much else with it. I plan to start racing at a nearby track called Dirt Burners of Livonia, Michigan I am looking for some help from anyone willing to help me with what they would think would be a good all around set up to get me going in the right direction for the gearing, tires, & whatever other advice you could give an electric R/C newbie here. Any help would be greatly appreciated everyone
Attached Thumbnails Help with Losi 22 Buggy set up-123.jpg   Help with Losi 22 Buggy set up-22.jpg  
Old 09-04-2016, 06:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

You could gear taller, try a 72t spur to move the motor forward. You may even want to get a 17.5 to run stock class (gear those WAY tall, like 30/70). Stay with rear motor (you'll probably find most guys running mid, rear is better when you're re-learning to drive). Download a setup sheet from TLracing.com, Frank Root standard setup is a good place to start. Get the right tires, most will be running the same stuff at the track.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:59 AM
Tech Rookie

So if I get the 72t spur what size pinion do you think would be a good starting point, The track has a lot of turns and some straight aways, they are constantly changing the track if you go on youtube & search dirt burners livonia michigan you can see a bunch of vids on the track. Thanks again for your help
Old 09-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Please use the existing 22 thread.