R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-31-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default NEED HELP REMOVING CARB FROM HPI 25

I recently purchased a used hpi savage with a 25 on it. I need to know how to get the carb off. Can anybody tell me how to do this? I removed the one screw that seemed to be holding and it still won't pull off. Should it pull off easy or is there some kind of tool I need to get it off with? I am new to nitro!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
rc_racer61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 07:24 PM   #2
Suspended

There is a metal ring on the base of the carb where it slides into the block, that ring sometimes shaves the plastic tabs it locks in on off if forced around when the pinch bolt is not loose enough casing the body to pivot inside it.Its a pain to get it out i would call hpi to see how they do it with out destroying the carb.I would try heating the block up with a heat gun around the carb area to see if it loosens.
ntro75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:39 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Default MORE HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntro75
There is a metal ring on the base of the carb where it slides into the block, that ring sometimes shaves the plastic tabs it locks in on off if forced around when the pinch bolt is not loose enough casing the body to pivot inside it.Its a pain to get it out i would call hpi to see how they do it with out destroying the carb.I would try heating the block up with a heat gun around the carb area to see if it loosens.

I got the carb off but there is a metal sleeve inside of the block. Is it suppose to come out to? Thanks for your help!!
rc_racer61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:43 PM   #4
Suspended

Yes it is supposed to be attatched to the base of the carb,the plastic on the bottom of your carb is probly tooled check it out and if it is order a new carb body and get that ring out of the block carefully!
ntro75 is offline   Reply With Quote