R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Stock RC10GT RTR to a complete basher. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/95635-stock-rc10gt-rtr-complete-basher.html)

Aoplayo 12-30-2005 02:28 PM

Stock RC10GT RTR to a complete basher.

Ok once the weather warms up I am hoping to upgrade my truck. I want a complete basher that can take a beating. I now need to know what i need. I am getting a mip 4 in 1 clutch or whatever it is called and i am getting a starterbox.

I know I will need better suspension, and things to help strengthen the body/things on it.

I have no idea what to get and thats where you guys/girls come in.

Please help and thanks! :cool:

trx1 12-30-2005 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
RPM, nothing more to say...

Aoplayo 12-30-2005 04:40 PM

RPM?? Is that a company?

What is on that it is very nice looking.

ntro75 12-30-2005 05:27 PM

Yeah it's a company.Thier parts are almost indestructable, but really only good for bashing, they flex to much for racing In my opinion.Here is a link to thier website.

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/core.htm

Aoplayo 12-30-2005 06:37 PM

Can you make a list of what you have on there>?

mattyxxl 12-30-2005 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Aoplayo
Can you make a list of what you have on there>?

As far as the RPM goes.
Ball Cups
Body Mounts
Center Link
Front Bumber
Front and Rear A Arms
Shock Pivot Balls
Rear 3* Mounts
Reciever Box

I am sure i may be leaving something out....
:)

IMPACTPLAYR 12-31-2005 08:57 AM

RPM also makes rear bulkheads, maybe even front ones.... if you can get those I would also get 2 sets of front and rear FT shocktowers.... yes 2 of each and double them up on the bulkheads...... if you can find them anywhere the fibreglass ones would be even better.... but still use 2 of each....

Aoplayo 12-31-2005 01:56 PM

Why would i need 2? For support but why wouldn't 1 be sufficient?

Phatkat 12-31-2005 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Aoplayo
Why would i need 2? For support but why wouldn't 1 be sufficient?

One is strong, but two are stronger. You'll also need longer screws to keep them together.

mattyxxl 12-31-2005 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by IMPACTPLAYR
RPM also makes rear bulkheads, maybe even front ones.... if you can get those I would also get 2 sets of front and rear FT shocktowers.... yes 2 of each and double them up on the bulkheads...... if you can find them anywhere the fibreglass ones would be even better.... but still use 2 of each....

I Knew i was leaving something out... i also have the rear bulkhead!

Aoplayo 12-31-2005 03:27 PM

Man i wish i could just buy a truck already setup. There is alot of stuff to get.

WheelNut 12-31-2005 03:42 PM

Yeah, but its fun building the truck up. The customizablilty (is that a word) of the RC10GT is great, not like the Losi where there aren't really many cool parts for it.

sport10 01-01-2006 09:33 AM

The stock RC10GT RTR is no slouch in the durability department. But if more durability is required use RPM parts. I also found on ebay a guy making shock towers out of G10 carbon fiber. This is extremely strong, tough fully woven carbon fiber usually used on RC Helicopter frames. Do a search for RC10GT on Ebay and it should come up. There are alot of tricks to make this car even more durable that do not cost an arm and a leg.

Aoplayo 01-01-2006 10:41 AM

Well how do you make the shocks stiffer?

I am a complete noob at this lol so i may ask some easy questions but thanks for all your help guys. :)

sport10 01-01-2006 05:04 PM

To start out with just replace the stock tires with some proline dirt hawgs or moabs. I like the dirt hawgs myself. You can leave the ribbed tires on the front or use the same tires as the rear. When parts break just replace them with more durable parts. You can get heavier springs for your shocks. Maybe change out the rear green springs for red springs. You might want to remove the restrictor out of the carb barrel for more power. You should be able to see it if you take off the air cleaner. Just remove it and reinstall the air cleaner.