Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 scale off-road car info

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default 1/8 scale off-road car info

Ok you all I have another question on the 1/8 scale off-road products.

I was searching on here and ebay and have seen multiple models of off-road cars from two major manufactures. That being said does anyone know of a web site or some place or someone that cronciles the history of Kyosho and Ofna.

here is what I would like to know as an example what is the difference between and 777 and a MP7.5 or an Ofna MBX9.5 and a MBX5/4

If anyone knows the recent history of these two companies it sure would help me out and keep me from buying some old piece that is no longer supported.

Thanks in advance.

Shawn
Old 12-30-2005, 09:25 AM
Suspended

S-grid.com has alot of good info on all the cars,aswell does this site.I think for the money the 2 best choices are the ofna/jammin x1-cr or the mugen mbx-5(my personal favorite) for the money you can't beat them.If your loaded then go for the 777 sp-2 which is probly the most expensive car out there,but kyosho changes thier designs like normal people change thier undies!.The design changing isnt always a bad thing but there is such a thing as being over-engineered.Out of all the people i know of that race the one guy who really knows his stuff and has been racing since the late 80's off and on really likes the x1-cr......Great car for the money.