Search
Like Tree187Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 05:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommy 2 Tone
I just put the 3.0 together and was doing the basic set up in the book. The book states purple Springs in the front red in the back.I have the ride height at 26 in the front but can only get 23 in the back and that is with the shock collars all the way down. I took the shocks off and checked the rebound and everything is fine 1/2 inche of rebound checked the a arms everything is good , I reinstalled the shocks and still can only get a height of 23 in the back and that is maxed out on the shocks red Springs. Can someone help me with this.scte 3.0
+4 spring cups?????? be sure you have those on all 4 corners.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
It was the point we where trying to make.
We know what the rules are and both agree the rules are not the best way to go about things.
Maybe it's me, but I have never been one to go along with a thing that confounds common sense or logic without consistent questioning of it.
This is a case that I am guilty of my own hypocrisy in the effect I continue to run the class and abide by the rules. However, don't confuse the fact I think it's mildly stupid to over stress a limited system to do a thing that could be done much better on 3S for little to no extra cost.
3S systems would run longer, cooler, more powerful, and less expensive batteries could be used significantly lowering the risk of blowing one up.
I don't know how things are at your tracks, but more people blow up SCT stuff than any other class around here. Running over abundant IR stat electrical systems is a large reason why IMO.
agree
Old 12-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barillms
I replaced my sway bar screws with larger ones. They're way better now. To access the front screws, i reamed two holes in the front bumper. For the rear, i upgraded to the RPM rear bumper mount and it allows easier access to the rear sway bar screws.

Im running the 45mm stock rear shocks on the front with the stock front pistons. And im running 48mm 22T rear shocks on the the rear. This shock set up gives more down travel and feels really good.
What size screws did you use on the sway bar? Did you have to drill out the sway bar holders? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Hallo guyz! Sorry for some mistakes in text, English is not my native language. I have TLR ten scte 3.0 and hobbywing xerun 4000 kv motor installed on it. I want to change motor, and i have choise: Tekin pro4 4000 kv and Tekin pro4 hd 3000 kv. What will be more suitable for racing? Usage only on 2s, both motors are used. Thanks fot help!
Old 12-29-2016, 05:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why are those motors your only choice? Thy hobbywing motor you have is more powerful than either of those motors. But for sake of answering your question, the 4000kv will be more in line with what you will want to run on 2S. So go with that one if that is your only choice. Alternately if you are allowed, the Tekin 4600 is probably even better if you plan to run on larger tracks.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Why are those motors your only choice? Thy hobbywing motor you have is more powerful than either of those motors. But for sake of answering your question, the 4000kv will be more in line with what you will want to run on 2S. So go with that one if that is your only choice. Alternately if you are allowed, the Tekin 4600 is probably even better if you plan to run on larger tracks.
Unfortunately i dont have too much time to wait delyvery and there are no new Tekin motors in my country. And my hobbywing motor doesnt work in sensored mode(
Old 12-29-2016, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

That is strange about the sensored mode thing... I assume you mean something is broken with the motor? What ESC are you using?
Old 12-29-2016, 07:59 AM
Tech Rookie

That is strange about the sensored mode thing... I assume you mean something is broken with the motor? What ESC are you using?
I am using hobbywing xr8 sct, problem with sensored mode was also with previous hobbywing sct pro.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nobody should ever run 3 cell in short course. First off, it's illegal and if you ever race with 3s you are breaking the rules of the short course class. 4wd SCT is and always will be a 2 cell only class.

Oh man , just because the rules have been 2s since the beginning , doesn't mean that's the best choice. At one time women couldn't vote , the speed limit was 55, pot was illegal in all 50 states , and booze was illegal. All of those rules have been corrected , and hopefully the 2s rule will be too.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the_stig123
I am using hobbywing xr8 sct, problem with sensored mode was also with previous hobbywing sct pro.
You need to check the sensor board , may be all you need to do is replace it
Old 12-29-2016, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wittyname
You need to check the sensor board , may be all you need to do is replace it
Yeah that is what it sounds like to me, in the mean time get one of these to add to you're collection.

CR162 - CORE RC Sensor Checking Widget
Old 12-30-2016, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sykemike
What size screws did you use on the sway bar? Did you have to drill out the sway bar holders? Thanks in advance.
I have no idea the size. I had them laying around. The threads and the head is slightly bigger than the stock screws. They're not metric I know that. I didn't drill anything... I just threaded them in.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have no idea the size. I had them laying around. The threads and the head is slightly bigger than the stock screws. They're not metric I know that. I didn't drill anything... I just threaded them in.
Thank you.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yeah that is what it sounds like to me, in the mean time get one of these to add to you're collection.

CR162 - CORE RC Sensor Checking Widget
Tekin ESC's have this feature built in.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Have anyone tried putting the AE or Kyosho truck shocks in?

Fits? Any mods to make it work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.