R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree80Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2016, 08:05 AM   #421
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd2810 View Post
i run blockades on mine glued on to de solid dish rims.
they worked great. it's not the blockades.
Yep, checked that. Nothing is rubbing. The BLOCKADES are the only common denominator everytime it happens. So saying it's not the BLOCKADES is silly. I'm running losi rims not DE
Deton8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:22 AM   #422
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: parma, ohio
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deton8er View Post
Yep, checked that. Nothing is rubbing. The BLOCKADES are the only common denominator everytime it happens. So saying it's not the BLOCKADES is silly. I'm running losi rims not DE
you think it's the tires?? and there getting to much traction?

i would bet against that theory but hey it's your truck???
floyd2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:25 AM   #423
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd2810 View Post
you think it's the tires?? and there getting to much traction?

i would bet against that theory but hey it's your truck???
What is your theory? I've replaced everything else.
Have you read the posts. The BLOCKADES are the only common denominator. Like I've said before. No other tire makes this happen.
Yes, I think I have too much traction in the wide open left hand sweepers
Deton8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:33 AM   #424
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: parma, ohio
Posts: 203
Default

if it's the blockades then it has to be that one tire is fare off balanced.
floyd2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:43 AM   #425
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd2810 View Post
if it's the blockades then it has to be that one tire is fare off balanced.
It's been 3 brand new sets of blockades and tires. So it's always different. Like I said I've changed everything except the wheel brand. Gonna try BLOCKADES and DE wheels next. If that doesn't work then I don't know
Deton8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:03 AM   #426
TLRacing
 
Frank Root's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,435
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deton8er View Post
What is your theory? I've replaced everything else.
Have you read the posts. The BLOCKADES are the only common denominator. Like I've said before. No other tire makes this happen.
Yes, I think I have too much traction in the wide open left hand sweepers
It's not the Blockades. Guaranteed they don't have the traction of a clay tires on a higher grip track.

Make sure to crank down those wheel nuts.
__________________
Frank Root -- TLR Project Manager
Twitter - @FrankRoot FB - facebook.com/FrankRootTLR
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:48 AM   #427
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
It's not the Blockades. Guaranteed they don't have the traction of a clay tires on a higher grip track.

Make sure to crank down those wheel nuts.
i agree. has to be user error, or potentially a bad bearing or something of the nature as discussed before. something has to be overlooked.
__________________
| XRAY XB8E 16' | XRAY XB4 16' | XRAY XB2 CE 17' |
| New England | RCE | RCM |
lyons238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:06 PM   #428
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,389
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deton8er View Post
It's been 3 brand new sets of blockades and tires. So it's always different. Like I said I've changed everything except the wheel brand. Gonna try BLOCKADES and DE wheels next. If that doesn't work then I don't know
Hmmm,
It wont have anything to do with tire brand.

Has it been the same brand wheel each time?

It is possible the axle threads run out before wheel gets tight. Take stub axle out. Put hex on and wheel brand you are having issue with. Tighten and see if wheel nut is actually tight on the rim or bottoms out on axle threads before it gets tight on wheel. Try same with a different axle nut and hex.

If you have calipers you can take all wheels off, install wheel nuts without wheel and then measure distance from hex face to wheel nut flange. Keep track of where the parts come from so you can figure out what part if any are different.

Could also be a bad hex that is not at the same stop point on axle. Swap hex from another wheel and measure distance from wheel nut flange to hex face.

Check thickness of wheel where hex and nut flange would touch it. Could be too thin from over tightening wheel nuts.

You will find it, but might take some serious effort on measuring parts and swapping them around.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:25 PM   #429
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons238 View Post
i agree. has to be user error, or potentially a bad bearing or something of the nature as discussed before. something has to be overlooked.
I replaced the bearings. If it is user error then why does it only happen with BLOCKADES????? Let me repeat that's. IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN RUNNING BLOCKADES!!!
User error...
Deton8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #430
TLRacing
 
Frank Root's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,435
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deton8er View Post
I replaced the bearings. If it is user error then why does it only happen with BLOCKADES????? Let me repeat that's. IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN RUNNING BLOCKADES!!!
User error...
I'm sorry, but after multiple pages on the topic, we just don't know what else to say on the topic. You're the only person whose ever had this issues with TLR wheels. And it makes zero sense that blockades would cause the issue, especially when tons of other guys run slicks on clay (which is probably 2-3+ times the grip and load), and don't have any issue.

No one knows what is causing the issue, we've all given our suggestions which you say are all wrong, and insist is the blockades, which I bet my house on isn't the issue. We don't have your truck in our hands, so we can't check for issue ourselves. The only thing I know for sure, is that it isn't an issue with the wheels.

Back to the new truck. How's everybody finishing with the new rig?
Bildo likes this.
__________________
Frank Root -- TLR Project Manager
Twitter - @FrankRoot FB - facebook.com/FrankRootTLR
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:04 PM   #431
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
I'm sorry, but after multiple pages on the topic, we just don't know what else to say on the topic. You're the only person whose ever had this issues with TLR wheels. And it makes zero sense that blockades would cause the issue, especially when tons of other guys run slicks on clay (which is probably 2-3+ times the grip and load), and don't have any issue.

No one knows what is causing the issue, we've all given our suggestions which you say are all wrong, and insist is the blockades, which I bet my house on isn't the issue. We don't have your truck in our hands, so we can't check for issue ourselves. The only thing I know for sure, is that it isn't an issue with the wheels.

Back to the new truck. How's everybody finishing with the new rig?
once again, totally true. i gave all the reasonable potential causes of this problem. sometimes it doesn't take much to create a lot of heat, things can be overlooked.

OP try doing some laps and feeling your axles with or without blockades that makes no sense - i think thats a coincidence or something because tires would never cause your wheel to blowout LOL.

dude just take what we're saying and dot your i's and cross your t's. guarantee it's something stupid that was overlooked. maybe you have the wrong size pin in your CVD and the thing is friction city, there's so many things...


ALSO FRANK

I don't have the truck, but I had the 2.0. I'd love to get a 3.0 it looks amazing. im just waiting to see what happens with the class at my local track. I'm from new england where there's not as many tracks or drivers as you guys have out in Cali and some other places.
__________________
| XRAY XB8E 16' | XRAY XB4 16' | XRAY XB2 CE 17' |
| New England | RCE | RCM |
lyons238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:29 PM   #432
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 64
Default

I'm not saying your suggestions are wrong. I'm saying I replaced everything that was suggested.
Deton8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:07 PM   #433
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
I'm sorry, but after multiple pages on the topic, we just don't know what else to say on the topic. You're the only person whose ever had this issues with TLR wheels. And it makes zero sense that blockades would cause the issue, especially when tons of other guys run slicks on clay (which is probably 2-3+ times the grip and load), and don't have any issue.

No one knows what is causing the issue, we've all given our suggestions which you say are all wrong, and insist is the blockades, which I bet my house on isn't the issue. We don't have your truck in our hands, so we can't check for issue ourselves. The only thing I know for sure, is that it isn't an issue with the wheels.

Back to the new truck. How's everybody finishing with the new rig?
It is altogether I am hoping this Saturday I can go to rainman's hobbies and get some Laps on it. Excited to see what it will do
r schowengerdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:54 PM   #434
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 106
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Frank Root/Casper..

Are you guys running the esc in the front or rear position?

What servo arm is working well?
fordohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:19 PM   #435
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London UK
Posts: 257
Default

Got my first race on Sunday, very bumpy astro, suits SC trucks and will be interesting to see how I compare to my best times with the Tekno.
cutting42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:02 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net