R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree80Likes

Old 09-29-2016, 08:46 AM   #376
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

my 2.0 had every single ball'n part for the good and the bad... it was mostly for good, but weight came into play "sometimes."

for my 3.0 i want to keep the weight way down... that leaves with titanium to replace steel and CF to replace overly thick plastic... which means i might be out of luck lol. I havent gone to the extreme of buying a spare chassis and hitting it with dimple dies yet
JMURACN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:25 AM   #377
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeppen View Post
Way to support TLR options factory guy LOL
you're an idiot. he's basically telling you to save your money and stick with the plastic ones. there's nothing wrong with the plastic ones, they will perform well and be durable.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:05 AM   #378
Tech Adept

jmuracn, you think the 2.0 is heavy. i have the 1.0, with a lot of upgrades.
it's even heavier then the 2.0 haha. it's feels a lot like the new 3.0. it's just
heavier so it's more like slow motion compared to the 3.0

this truck doesn't need any thing, it comes with everything you need!!!
if you have a wild hair and feel the need to spend money get some shock springs.
floyd2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #379
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Free way to reduce some weight is trim the rear bumper or even remove most of it. (A little less protection but enough) and take off the nerf bars.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:31 PM   #380
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Free way to reduce some weight is trim the rear bumper or even remove most of it. (A little less protection but enough) and take off the nerf bars.
I'll probably do that last... after i dial in the truck and power band on this 4 pole 540 motor. on my 2.0 running the RX8 G2 and 4300HD, i had a brown out problem that i didn't figure out until many many crashes lol
JMURACN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:23 PM   #381
Tech Apprentice

I finally got my truck together and was able to get a weight on it.I have titanium screws turnbuckles and aluminum nuts. The truck weight is 2579 grams that is with All Electronics Plus Battery and tires no body
r schowengerdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:38 PM   #382
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMURACN View Post
I'll probably do that last... after i dial in the truck and power band on this 4 pole 540 motor. on my 2.0 running the RX8 G2 and 4300HD, i had a brown out problem that i didn't figure out until many many crashes lol
That motor is a beast for sure.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:05 AM   #383
PZP
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd2810 View Post
jmuracn, you think the 2.0 is heavy. i have the 1.0, with a lot of upgrades.
it's even heavier then the 2.0 haha. it's feels a lot like the new 3.0. it's just
heavier so it's more like slow motion compared to the 3.0

this truck doesn't need any thing, it comes with everything you need!!!
if you have a wild hair and feel the need to spend money get some shock springs.
If it doesn't come with the alloy rear diff bearing carriers, then you can't say that. Those are the first things you should replace on the SCTE. The plastics hold up for while, the alloy's hold up for good. Also unless the diff washers have been upgraded as well, you'll find a lot of us tend to run XRay washers since they seem to be hardened to the point of lasting a very very long time. The rear alloy hubs are also nice. Anything that carries a bearing is generally better if it's metal from my experience. Keeps things nice and true without flex.
PZP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:01 AM   #384
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by r schowengerdt View Post
I finally got my truck together and was able to get a weight on it.I have titanium screws turnbuckles and aluminum nuts. The truck weight is 2579 grams that is with All Electronics Plus Battery and tires no body
are you using the protek screw kit? when we get back from vacation i'm going to put this thing on a diet