Like Tree134Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Reply

Old 07-21-2016, 07:33 PM
  #16  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (39)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 460
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

New to the Scte platform, are there any required upgrades for this truck regarding durability? Obviously tuning parts will be needed but any must have upgrades?
GettinLapped is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:52 PM
  #17  
TLRacing
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GettinLapped View Post
New to the Scte platform, are there any required upgrades for this truck regarding durability? Obviously tuning parts will be needed but any must have upgrades?
An aluminum servo horn is a good upgrade, but not required. I actually have the molded one on my truck right now. Same with aluminum rear hubs. That's about it though...
Frank Root is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:45 PM
  #18  
Tech Master
iTrader: (93)
 
DriveItLikeYSIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,329
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
An aluminum servo horn is a good upgrade, but not required. I actually have the molded one on my truck right now. Same with aluminum rear hubs. That's about it though...
Do you have a part # for the clamping wheel hexes?

Would recommend the stock 3.0 shock springs at a loamy outdoor track? If, not then what springs would you suggest?
DriveItLikeYSIT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:48 PM
  #19  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 626
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Frank, how much does this truck weigh with electronics, not that it matters. Just curious. I think I'll have to sell my current 4x4 as a roller. I've been looking for a new 4x4 SCT. I just found it. Nice truck!
MaX-D is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:13 PM
  #20  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
InARush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bronx,NY
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

why did they go with the 22 series of shocks instead of 8ight series shocks?
InARush is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:42 PM
  #21  
TLRacing
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by InARush View Post
why did they go with the 22 series of shocks instead of 8ight series shocks?
Less weight, lower CG.

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT View Post
Do you have a part # for the clamping wheel hexes?

Would recommend the stock 3.0 shock springs at a loamy outdoor track? If, not then what springs would you suggest?
LOSB3493 for the front.
TLR332014 for the rear.

Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Frank, how much does this truck weigh with electronics, not that it matters. Just curious. I think I'll have to sell my current 4x4 as a roller. I've been looking for a new 4x4 SCT. I just found it. Nice truck!
2491g, without body. I just remembered, I have titanium screws, turnbuckles and aluminum 5-40 nuts on my truck. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.
Aligater likes this.

Last edited by Frank Root; 07-22-2016 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Remembered something...
Frank Root is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:26 AM
  #22  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 626
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
Less weight, lower CG.



LOSB3493 for the front.
TLR332014 for the rear.



2491g, without body.
WOW! That's a light truck. Awesome!
MaX-D is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:30 AM
  #23  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (39)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 460
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
WOW! That's a light truck. Awesome!
Truck should be dialed indoors but the weight is a concern for outdoors. Every track I race is low bite and blown out and the heavier/wider cars seem to be the ticket.
GettinLapped is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:52 AM
  #24  
TLRacing
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GettinLapped View Post
Truck should be dialed indoors but the weight is a concern for outdoors. Every track I race is low bite and blown out and the heavier/wider cars seem to be the ticket.
If the suspension is dialed in for the weight, I can't think of one form of racing that prefers a heavier car to a lighter one.
Frank Root is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:14 AM
  #25  
dtr
Tech Master
 
dtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: budapest, hungary
Posts: 1,563
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
If the suspension is dialed in for the weight, I can't think of one form of racing that prefers a heavier car to a lighter one.
SCT's have huge bodies and wind affects them too much, the lighter the worse.
dtr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:18 AM
  #26  
TLRacing
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
SCT's have huge bodies and wind affects them too much, the lighter the worse.
Maifield and Phend are running the SCTE 3.0 this weekend and Nationals. We'll see how it goes
Frank Root is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:55 PM
  #27  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (45)
 
Cameron Kellogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,773
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Someone should really tell Mayfield that his truck is too light and narrow to be TQ 14 seconds over second right now on a big low bite track.
Cameron Kellogg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:03 PM
  #28  
dtr
Tech Master
 
dtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: budapest, hungary
Posts: 1,563
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
Maifield and Phend are running the SCTE 3.0 this weekend and Nationals. We'll see how it goes
Good luck Dakotah!


This is what I mean by wind

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
dtr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:28 PM
  #29  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 459
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

So whats the list to convert the 2.0 to the 3.0? I would like that chassis and i already have the 22 shock conversion.
Giulitto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:34 PM
  #30  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Mirkinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 167
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Giulitto View Post
So whats the list to convert the 2.0 to the 3.0? I would like that chassis and i already have the 22 shock conversion.
What i was curious about myself. Especially having just picked up the 2.0
Mirkinator is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service