Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated Electronics are not worth the money

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Suspended

Default Associated Electronics are not worth the money

I bought a RC10GT from AE it ran for about twenty minutes then the car quit I soon found out that the carb was defective so bought a new carb for it it ran when I pulled the starter to start it the string broke and this was not a hard pull either. so I called them and they said send it bakc and we'll send you a new one they sent my old one back with a new pullstart and a note saying hope you like your new truck bottom line their products are sub standard and that is putting it lightly if you race nitro like I do you need a reliable RC not a poorly designed truck good for anything more than show take a look at the RC10 then the XXXNT by Losi bothe have the .15 engine but look at the design enough said but to each his own.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Whatever dude, now go see if you can break your lawnmower while you're at it.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 12-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

RC10GT has proven itself many times over.... as for "sub standard" <~~ Associated has been around for how many years now?
Old 12-22-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

That is a runon sentence
Old 12-22-2005, 04:44 PM
Suspended

Default About the reply's

#1 I don't care if it's a run on sentence ask yourself if the RC10 is a run on kinda rc. Here theres you period.#2 So your if they were in business when moses was here I don't care they are S%$T now if you can show me a AE driver that has accomplished as much as Adam Drake has for Losi then I'll write a sonet for you called owed to AE. "Theres another period for ya" I've been racing since 1997 I have won 5 regionals counteless local races so I can honestly say I do know what I'm saying if your gonna give your money to them then I have a bridge to sell you cause if you think I'm the only one who feels this way aboaut AE then I suggest you do some research into the better business bureau archives about the practices of your great inspiration AE This company tried to tell me the same car I sent them back was not the new car they claimed to have sent me until I had an attorney contact them then the manager and I quote said " well maybe we made a mistake and sent the same car back" if I had wanted to waste 270.00 I could have I could have backed you in a race. There," see theres a comma" There Ihave justified my posting oh I pay the local idiot to mow my lawn but if you need the work.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey.

AE has been around a long time as has its rc10GT. Its been a great truck and has won alot of big races over the years.

Did u even stop to think for a minute that some of this might be your fault?? Thats right i didn't think so.

As for the drake, top driver but there are plenty of others! Lets see masami hirosaka maybe??? won countless worlds in different classes and scales for AE. What exactly has the AD done thats so special? Dont get me wrong, i don't have a prob with AD, just wanna know why YOU think he is the man. What has he done for losi that mark p, masami, cliff lett and other haven't done for ae??

Ultimately, you don't like the product. fair enough. plenty of ppl think/feel the same way about losi.........and plenty of other companies.

Glenn

:::edit:::

How and what has AD got to do with ur truck anyway?

Last edited by Mr-s413bt; 12-22-2005 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Why would you expect a new truck when it only needed a pullstart? If you want to take advantage of a warranty get a duratrax. So what kind of racing have you done to win your 5 regionals? And what brand were you running? Just curious because reading the stuff you type really you sound like a frustrated 12 year old. In the other thread you said you like to build your kits, so why didn't you get an ft kit instead of an rtr? I wouldn't mow your lawn even if I needed the money. You're probably one of those whiney people who think nothing is good enough by anybody, but can't do anything for yourself.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Wow, the gene pool continues to get shallower...

Old 12-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

You have stated your OPINION, and thats great. Now what is your question? What is your next step? Sounds like you purchased the GT RTR since you said your carb and pullstart both gave out. Honestly, the carb I can see Associated replacing, but not a pull start. Most RTR's are low cost/budget built cars for the novice in mind, low cost being the key word. Since as you state, you have won several regionals, why wouldnt you have bought the Factory Team, built it your self?
Anyway, the GT is a geat truck, dont trash it just yet, get a good quality engine with a starter box, or rotostart and it will really shine on the racetrack. No other gas truck can match the championships it has racked up, why change a truck thats this dominent? I'd like to also point out the XXXNT AD has little issues like, fragile rear ends, axles bend easy, soft titanium turnbuckles, point is they ALL have problems that must be addressed.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Ya know, I kinda have to agree. Th B4 was the biggest pile I have ever owned. When you have to add lead here, run plastic chasis with grafite front suspension.... that was one of the worst produced cars out of the box. Ya, I know its won this and that but the car is so on edge even the pros are either way on or way off. Massively incosistant. But hey I just bought a xx4 so ...
Now as for the LRP end, how about those neos . Or the q2's or how about the hush hush recall the 7.1's that would litterly set themselves on fire. They wouldn't tell anyone but if you sent it back they would replace it for a nominal fee. Seems like the american designers are pusing way to hard to produce cutting edge technology that they are not ready for yet and still put it out just to have the newest technology on the track.

Ok back to it, sorry any pull start out there is pretty much junk and I can't blame AE for it. Also they don't make the carbs, just buy and install them in the kit. You really cant blame AE for it.

OH yeah, I'd probably say Cliff Lett, or how about even a guy for a associated sister company yokomo. You know Masami when he drove 12l's.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Gotta comment here...... Associated On-Raod cars are the best I've ever driven..... However, 3 Years ago or so, I bought a B4. I had one heck of a time getting that car to fly right. It was VERY inconsistent. I spent MONTHS trying to figure that car out. I went back to my Losi car and was instantly one lap faster. I was burned when Associated techs told me to add lead weight. The car should have been engineered to drive without any substantial weight added. I gave up. Now, Associated cars seem to be the dominant force in 2wd classes the world around. Guess what??? What works for one, does not work for all. The problem with the car as I see it is that this car works with top level drivers that can drive on the edge much better than I can. That IS how it was designed.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I understand that everyone has a car that fits them thats cool but really if you look at them they are all pretty good. I've run AE and Losi im pretty impartial.
Dude really who cares if you broke your pull start i dought you were on the line at you so called regionals yankin on a string. Your RTR car will need some repairs from time to time i dont care who makes it. Bumper to Bumper warranty?
Old 12-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My PINTO is better!

Chevy/Ford/Dodge

Foreign all the way!

Tomato/Tamoto

Each has their faults
Each has their attributes
Each driver drives his/her way and one may favor over the other.

A blanket statement that AE or Losi is Sh$t isn't worth the time it took to read it.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Suspended

Default read the other reply's as I said AE sells junk

I rest my case Oh and I won all my regionals with Losi's not AE the reason I bout the RC10 junk car is because the hobbytown owner where I get my parts would not hsut up unitl I bought it because it was not selling around here RC racing is a big deal and if the car doesn't measure up you hear about it. "Theres a period for ya" anywho if you want a good car go with Losi well if you wanna win races and not spend you entire race pulling I think the car I more or less for the beginner who wants to get into racing at first so gets one for Christmas and then is bored in two day with it I think AE is banking on that customer base they never thought that real racers would buy the car that's why it's so cheap in price and design. "There I put in another period at the end for you so you feel like your at school again"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.