Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Your favorite Tire Sauce recipe >

Your favorite Tire Sauce recipe

Like Tree56Likes

Your favorite Tire Sauce recipe

Old 09-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

I honestly think close to everything has been tried!!??? How many tire conditioning combinations can there be? At least before it gives you cancer?? Lol. Jk. Who knows what sticky kicks is made of or whatever brand tire sauce. A local guy gave me a bottle of his homemade concoction and it was the best ive ever had. It ate up my tires but I expected that. I think people get mixed up and confused about saucing. Way too much on the tires and they get so soft they fold over in the corners. I need my vehicle to rotate when I want to, not keep biting into the surface until the tire falls in on itself. Obviously different strokes for different folks. Whatever that guy mixed up worked awesome and I need to bug him for some more. Definitely had a lot of wintergreen oil and a hint of a petroleum product.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I asked TDK repair about suggestions with regards to the tire stretching, here was their response:

”We have also experienced this with our tires and our drivers tires, especially the fronts. It is not that the sauce is breaking down only the foam but like you said it is “stretching” the rubber by softening it significantly.

We have found a few ways to help slow down this process.

The preferred saucing method currently is to apply to the full tire on the rear with the dauber cap. For the front apply only a thin stripe in the center with the dauber cap and then spread evenly with a brush. This will apply a thinner layer to the tire so it won’t attack it as aggressively and make them last longer.

Also our drivers and myself are having good success mixing about 50/50 of our Odorless and High Grip Sauces and then applying as I described above.

Finally the other option is to break in the tire with High Grip and put a couple heat cycles in it and then sauce with only odorless. This will net the softest tire possible without stretching the tire prematurely.

Hopefully this helps you and the community out!”
Old 09-11-2019, 11:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post

I was going to try TDK until I found shipping was $6.95. Half the price of the sauce. Canceled my order.
i just got a few bottles in the mail today to try out, i like the idea of non toxic.
it doesn't smell bad at all.
i get to test it saturday.
i split an order with a couple other dudes so shipping was nominal
zipperfoot and RazorRC like this.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowspark View Post
Tabasco.....

Oh wait.... you were discussing tire sauce... my bad
I prefer Casey's taco sauce personally!