R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-18-2002, 12:38 PM   #31
Tech Initiate

I have no idea ? if they will fit or not. --I 'm only having the troubles on the front also---the funny thing is that mip has front and rear cvds listed then you will see Racer--and all four of mine are the same---as far as the shiny bone part goes...hmmm
Zuperfastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 03:34 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Default Rush outdrives

All of the HPI Nitro outdrives are interchangable. (Except Proceed & Savage) The Rush out drives are about 1-2mm longer where the dogbone goes. (simply stated)

Good luck, I think I will pass on the Idea of getting a NMT for now.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 04:06 PM   #33
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Skool
It does look nice, esp. if you want to race a monster-truck. But it's still too much like a modded T-Maxx (speaking of which, mine will be up for sale soon), but personally I am eyeing the Kyosho Mad Force, and will probably get one as soon as the bugs are ironed out and more aftermarket support becomes available.

3-speeds, .21-power, buggy diffs, out the box...yummmmmy...
My T-Maxx will be up for sale too. The Mad Force was also my first choice until I heard of the Savage. The straight axle monster from what I heard is supposed to handle pretty well.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 05:38 PM   #34
Tech Initiate

Default NMT RACER HPI FOR SALE

Anyone want a really nice(VERY FAST) and well taken care of Nmt?---I got a real fast one!-- ---lots of upgrades and parts---uh lots! RTR!!! with nearly one gallon through the Fantom engine....Motor saver, HD outdrives, spare cvds, spare shock towers, arms, diff-mounts, shocks, springs, 2- exhausts, tmaxx and orig. headers, airtronics, batterys, parts case, glow wrench, 2 sets tires,fuel filter, extra fuel line, custom spring linkage, servo savers, rpm ball cups--- there is absolutly nothing wrong with it now--everything fixed-if you drive hard, you may want to upgrade some more parts---but I gotta get a buggy! anyone interested? send a private message with a list of the pics you want to see and I will send them with a REASONABLE price.

Last edited by Zuperfastone; 11-19-2002 at 12:12 AM.
Zuperfastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 09:42 AM   #35
Tech Apprentice

Zuperfastone,

I just want to make you feel better...

I got my NMT for about 1 year. Those broken parts you had, I had too. I spent more than $500 to IMPROVE the damn car. But the result? I'm really dissapointed.

The NMT was my first nitro car. The reason I bought just because it was a cheap, 4x4, RTR truck. I should have bought the 1/8 buggy or T-Maxx in the first place, stupid me.

HPI is good at marketing. I was like a fool to trust the HPI forum and made my decision to buy the NMT because I saw no negative opinions on the nmt. (I guess those negative posts were deleted by so called HPI STAFF.)

I did have some good time with my nmt. I learned how to tuned the engine, how to manage the jumps, how to improve the NMT, what hop-ups are must have and what hop-ups are just wasting money.

Since my nmt still can run, I decided to give it the last chance. I ordered the following items and they had just arrived....
  • HPI Universal Dogbone Rear
    HPI Universal Dogbone Front
    HPI Heavy Duty 13T Final Gear
    HPI Heavy Duty 38T Final Gear
I'm going to install those items this weekends and I'll try to post my opinion regarding them. (Maybe I should sell my nmt, too. )

Now I'm thinking about buying a on-road nitro cars for the coming holidays. My choice is narrowed down to NTC3 RTR and GT-4 RTR. Guys, Any suggestion?

Last edited by wangcc61; 11-20-2002 at 09:50 AM.
wangcc61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 05:04 AM   #36
Tech Rookie

Default HPI Diff's

Just a quick update.

I spoke with HPI this week about the diff problem. They were unaware of a problem..... go figure.... no explanation about why they would break and no comment about the diff/cvd fit-up. He said the only difference between the front and rear cvd's has to do with the "hub" and there was no difference between the length of the shiny part of the CVD.

They tech guy said i could try the Rush diffs as they were slightly longer, I've got some on order now from tower.

I've got a feeling this is a lesson in futility. I may see if I can get some custom parts made. I know some tool&die makers that could whip out some diffs or shiny cvd's with no problem. But I'm sure they will be costly. Would anyone be interested???
Good Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 11:49 AM   #37
Tech Initiate

I have a nmt and a kyosho 7.5.....the nmt is getting pushed by a nova engine. Do you have the slipper clutch?? Are you landing with the throttle pinned? I used to love my nmt and I did break parts with it. Then I bought my buggy Its faster and is a near bullet proof....I did destroy four large bering in the rear diff that are going to be a little pricey but this thing is a blast. I was jumping my buddies over 20 feet off the ground....I tried the same jump with his nmt, it went up about 10 feet and blew up the rear shock..The inferno went twice as high and landed alot harder and survived. I even got his up in a tree and it was fine when it came down.

In the long run a buggy will be alot cheaper to run. The parts are more expensive but you really need to smash something hard to break it.
jesse370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 01:52 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Default HPI no lie

I'm VERY sure that HPI knows of all the shortcomings that any of their vehicles have. (most other kit maker too) But it is how a manufacturer handles these complaints is what matters. I've been given the Deaf ear by HPI when I owned a Pro-2 and could not get rid of a glitching problem. Finally found out from other racer that it was a bad batch of graphite in the chassis that was causing the problems. Solution, dismantle the car for parts and give up on electric racing for 2-1/2 yrs.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 03:36 PM   #39
Tech Rookie

Default HPI

I'm not posting to bash HPI necessarily. I think they do a decent job but they really are just in it for the money. They don't really care how they support the business so long as it grows and they don't loose too much market share. After all if people tear up their cars and then need to buy parts they (HPI) just make more money.

Its a business after all. It does disapoint when they generally ignore the public and cater primarily to the industry media mags, which they basically own by the way... (ownership via advertising dollars).
Good Time is offline   Reply With Quote