R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes

Old 07-18-2016, 08:00 AM   #106
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwchris View Post
Had a super fun day racing after be off for 3wks and was trying out some new pistons, the VRP Game Changers for my Agama A215e and really liked how they felt and how much more I could push the car and watch it soak up even more rough. It was nice to see on the first few laps of practice how much you could see the difference in the buggy and how well it improved and was on rails
Awesome! Sounds like the GameChangers are working well for you!

Vision Racing Products (VRP)- www.visionracingproducts.com
"Smiley" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:47 AM   #107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes, was very impressed with them and even through the day how the car just felt even more planted. I was at this same track 3wks ago and was a little rough, but this past weekend had some more rough spots and some spots were blown out and the car just soaked it up and raced right across everything.
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:47 AM   #108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Smiley what should be a starting Oil for my Kyosho mp9 tki4? I was told to get the 8 HP from your Dude.
thank you for your time.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #109
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have a track in San Angelo and it is always hot, loose and rough will these pistons be an improvement over the stock Losi 8ight e 4.0? Looking for any advantage on such a loose rough track.
Scubasteve73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:07 PM   #110
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have xv2 pistons with 37.5 F/32.5 R on my 7r eco...upgraded to gamechangers.should I go heavier or lighter?? I mainly race on a hard packed clay track (mikes)
angels05ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #111
Tech Apprentice

What makes a piston High Pack vs Medium Pack vs. Low pack?

I ask as I've ordered the full gamechanger 1.3x6 hole and 1.3x8 hole high pack kits for me and a buddy and was thinking about ordering up just the pistons so we both have a set of 6 and 8 hole. However I noticed when choosing the piston only on your site it asks what pack you want. So is the "pack" built into the piston?

FYI, will be used with RC8B3e

Last edited by Andybellus; 07-19-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Andybellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:19 PM   #112
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman007 View Post
Smiley what should be a starting Oil for my Kyosho mp9 tki4? I was told to get the 8 HP from your Dude.
thank you for your time.
Most like the Medium pack 8 hole. That would be a really good starting point.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:21 PM   #113
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasteve73 View Post
We have a track in San Angelo and it is always hot, loose and rough will these pistons be an improvement over the stock Losi 8ight e 4.0? Looking for any advantage on such a loose rough track.
For a loose, rough track, start with 8 hole in low pack. The reason for low pack is you dont need your car to pack as much on a rougher track.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:22 PM   #114
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels05ss View Post
I have xv2 pistons with 37.5 F/32.5 R on my 7r eco...upgraded to gamechangers.should I go heavier or lighter?? I mainly race on a hard packed clay track (mikes)

Same oils. Due to how hot it is, You may go up 2.5 in oil, But thats the most you would have to adjust it.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:24 PM   #115
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybellus View Post
What makes a piston High Pack vs Medium Pack vs. Low pack?

I ask as I've ordered the full gamechanger 1.3x6 hole and 1.3x8 hole high pack kits for me and a buddy and was thinking about ordering up just the pistons so we both have a set of 6 and 8 hole. However I noticed when choosing the piston only on your site it asks what pack you want. So is the "pack" built into the piston?

FYI, will be used with RC8B3e

The pistons pack is determined by the height the carbon valve sits above the return holes. Thats what creates the different variations of pack. Most people typically start out with 6 hole medium pack.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:22 PM   #116
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Smiley" View Post
The pistons pack is determined by the height the carbon valve sits above the return holes. Thats what creates the different variations of pack. Most people typically start out with 6 hole medium pack.
When physically comparing a low to a high pack piston (either by "eye" or measuring with a caliper), is the difference in the thickness of the piston under the carbon valves at the return holes very much?

I started out with some high pack 8 x 1.3's GameChangers for Tekno (the complete piston kit with washers and valves). Then I purchased just the low pack 8 x 1.3 pistons (no washers or valves). When comparing the 2 pistons, the difference in the above mentioned thickness was minimal. Barely visible by eye and measured only slightly different on the caliper (with the low pack being thinner).
SCR (just outside New Orleans) - https://www.facebook.com/scr.raceway
vwduud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:11 PM   #117
Tech Rookie

May take a look at the Agama A215e...
jeremyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:06 AM   #118
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwduud View Post
When physically comparing a low to a high pack piston (either by "eye" or measuring with a caliper), is the difference in the thickness of the piston under the carbon valves at the return holes very much?

I started out with some high pack 8 x 1.3's GameChangers for Tekno (the complete piston kit with washers and valves). Then I purchased just the low pack 8 x 1.3 pistons (no washers or valves). When comparing the 2 pistons, the difference in the above mentioned thickness was minimal. Barely visible by eye and measured only slightly different on the caliper (with the low pack being thinner).
Yes, It is very minimal. But it makes a big difference.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:10 PM   #119
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

alright I found a deal on some of these that i may give a go. My question is this, since medium pack is the standard, how useful are these when you go to a high traction track versus a low traction one?

Basically, are they more universal or do I need to consider a different setup for pistons at that point?

this would be on a Team Durango DESC10 going from outdoor loose like that vid I posted to a carpet track that i made custom pistons for.

By the way, if you guys have plans to make any new versions of gamechangers, if its possible to make a version that lets you tune the pack without needing another piston set (so you get a 8 hole piston setup that includes low, medium, high pack options that just bolt on) I think that would be really cool.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:20 AM   #120
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
alright I found a deal on some of these that i may give a go. My question is this, since medium pack is the standard, how useful are these when you go to a high traction track versus a low traction one?

Basically, are they more universal or do I need to consider a different setup for pistons at that point?

this would be on a Team Durango DESC10 going from outdoor loose like that vid I posted to a carpet track that i made custom pistons for.

By the way, if you guys have plans to make any new versions of gamechangers, if its possible to make a version that lets you tune the pack without needing another piston set (so you get a 8 hole piston setup that includes low, medium, high pack options that just bolt on) I think that would be really cool.

The pistons are universal. Some people including myself like to mix them, meaning run high pack in the front and medium or low pack in the back. Most of the time, you need the front to pack more than the rear. So, this is a good option.

As for a newer version, we are always testing new things. But, the GameChangers are here to stay for sure!