Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima RZ6 >

Kyosho Ultima RZ6

Like Tree7Likes

Kyosho Ultima RZ6

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-22-2016, 06:15 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RZ6
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Shameless Plug Kyosho RZ-6, the 2015 IFMAR World’s Top Qualifying Car Model.
-------------------------------------------
Find out how Jason Dias lost some weight on his RZ6. Click here.
------------------------------------------
Editable setup sheets.
Sheet 1
Sheet 2
Shock building, alternative method.

Fill the oil up to the first thread.
Extend the shock shaft so the eyelet bottomed out on the shock bottom.
Place the piston into the shock body but let gravity pull it down into the body.
Once the shock bottom reaches the shock body help align it into the body so that the treads line up.
Turn the shock bottom so that it starts to thread into the body.
Wait for 1 second to give the excess oil time to escape.
Continue to turn, wait, turn, wait process until the shock bottom is tight.
Pump the shock shaft a few times and then bottom out the eyelet to the bottom of the shock and release.
Hopefully you should not have any rebound or maybe just a little bit.
If you have more than you like, loosen the shock bottom, push the shock shaft down, wait for a little bit and then re-tighten the shock bottom.
-----------------------------------------
Jared Tebo shock building video.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

2-15 IFMAR Worlds, A-main #1. Jared Tebo TQ using the RZ6.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Print Wikipost

Old 07-17-2016, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Ended up qualified 5th out of 9 cars (stock and 13.5 in one class). The car started out with more steering than I've ever had but loose in the rear. After a ton of changes the car was pretty good by the 3rd round. Ended up 4th in the main after a close battle for 3rd the whole race. Can't wait to get it back to the track! I'll post my setup sheet later.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Ultima RZ6-screenshot_20160717-131419.jpg  
Old 07-18-2016, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I struggled with bad inserts last weekend which made my car very difficult to drive. So time to change to a less aggressive front tire.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Front motor position

Hiya folks!

Has anyone tried the rz6 in front motor position? Are any extra parts required to do this?
Old 07-20-2016, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had to throw all of the weight rearward as much as possible to get it to work. I doubt the car would get traction at all.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Depends of the track. I use mine on a variety of surfaces, and on dry astro as well as indoor carpet, I feel that the front motor position gives a nice balance, with plenty of on-power steering.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here's my setup sheet from last weekend. I'm loving the on-power corner speed this car carries. Couple more times out with it to get used to it and I'll be good to go!
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Ultima RZ6-edited_screenshot_20160721-202506.jpg  
Old 07-22-2016, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Shameless plug --> Kyosho RZ-6, the 2015 IFMAR World’s Top Qualifying Car Model.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Had a good run with the car last night. I was able to put together some decent runs after deciding not trying to turn the fastest lap and drive within its limits. I haven't changed to much to the setup from what I previously posted but there are some other things that I want to try, such as trying to lose some weight. I ended up qualifying 4th overall and finished 3rd in the main. The other cars where 2 laydown B6 transmission cars and 1 upright transmission who were in front of me. My favorite track is primarily an Associated dominated track with a few Losi's sprinkled in.

Does anyone have any experience with raising the inner rear pivots up on the chassis, both front and rear? I know if you do one end or the other you mess with the anti-squat but I haven't had a chance to do both just yet. Not to many manuals talk about that stuff so that is why I thought I would ask and it is on my list of things to try.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kraig
Had a good run with the car last night. I was able to put together some decent runs after deciding not trying to turn the fastest lap and drive within its limits. I haven't changed to much to the setup from what I previously posted but there are some other things that I want to try, such as trying to lose some weight. I ended up qualifying 4th overall and finished 3rd in the main. The other cars where 2 laydown B6 transmission cars and 1 upright transmission who were in front of me. My favorite track is primarily an Associated dominated track with a few Losi's sprinkled in.

Does anyone have any experience with raising the inner rear pivots up on the chassis, both front and rear? I know if you do one end or the other you mess with the anti-squat but I haven't had a chance to do both just yet. Not to many manuals talk about that stuff so that is why I thought I would ask and it is on my list of things to try.
My track is primarily B5Ms and a 22 3.0 or two, no B6s yet.

I switched to the long shock ends front AND rear for more droop and it seemed to help on-power steering. I'd have to look if it has the spacer on the arm mounts lol. I bought the car used as an RZ6 roller so I didn't set it up. I do prefer it over my RB6 though
Old 07-25-2016, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kraig
Mine does have a very thin spacer under each rear pivot.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Will a ZX6 chassis protector fit with minimal trimming on the RZ6 chassis?
Old 07-26-2016, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TravisS27
nope
Old 07-27-2016, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TravisS27
The SC6 chassis protector is what I will use even though it is wider than the RZ6 chassis. It will have to be trimmed a bit but it will cover the chassis and let you cut some patches to layer the back end.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GIHOSU
The SC6 chassis protector is what I will use even though it is wider than the RZ6 chassis. It will have to be trimmed a bit but it will cover the chassis and let you cut some patches to layer the back end.
I bought mine used and it came with a new unused RT6 chassis protector....I'm guessing that would work well also
Old 08-09-2016, 03:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is there a complete list of what parts are needed from an RB6 to complete an RZ6?

I'm just trying to work out if it's reasonable to put it together from spares rather than buying a complete doner car. It's mostly just the front end and the shocks right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.