R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Depth perception screwed or do I just stink at racing? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/947512-depth-perception-screwed-do-i-just-stink-racing.html)

NoobRacer 06-11-2016 09:00 PM

Depth perception screwed or do I just stink at racing?

OK a little background. I started racing 3 years ago, raced for a year started off really well and acceled rather quickly. Ran at 6 local tracks and ran consistently well every time, most times I would finish 1/2/3/4. Took a break for a year and a half now back, and I suck more than ever!

Got back into racing last week with a new truck, new system but attended a big race at a huge track......

With that being said. My local tracks were small to smedium (smallish medium?) size tracks. the two events I raced at once coming back were big and huge. I found that I have a hard time feeling connected to the car once it gets further out and I tend to go a lot slower and being more cautious. I know it's been awhile since I raced but I remember even back when I raced 3 times a week, I would feel this unconnected feeling at further distances.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I tried searching google but couldn't figure out what to search for. Lol. Maybe I need glasses or something.

Finalist 06-11-2016 09:30 PM

Interesting. I wish RC had more biomechanics and performance education. Look at major sports and how in depth they go over every single topic - eye dominance, posture, angles, repetition, etc. RC seems to ignore all this stuff.

uh60 06-11-2016 09:36 PM

I love topics like this. I have been practicing with the Vrc pro simulator. Trying to zoom completely out to improve my control at distance.

NoobRacer 06-12-2016 01:40 AM

Yeah I figured I'd just throw it out there since that's how I feel at certain tracks. I thought some others may feel the same way.

thecman26 06-12-2016 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by NoobRacer (Post 14563610)
OK a little background. I started racing 3 years ago, raced for a year started off really well and acceled rather quickly. Ran at 6 local tracks and ran consistently well every time, most times I would finish 1/2/3/4. Took a break for a year and a half now back, and I suck more than ever!

Got back into racing last week with a new truck, new system but attended a big race at a huge track......

With that being said. My local tracks were small to smedium (smallish medium?) size tracks. the two events I raced at once coming back were big and huge. I found that I have a hard time feeling connected to the car once it gets further out and I tend to go a lot slower and being more cautious. I know it's been awhile since I raced but I remember even back when I raced 3 times a week, I would feel this unconnected feeling at further distances.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I tried searching google but couldn't figure out what to search for. Lol. Maybe I need glasses or something.

Getting older sucks! Definitely get those eyes checked! Good luck!

fredswain 06-12-2016 05:45 AM

I have depth perception issues on larger tracks. My right eye has an astigmatism while my left doesn't. On larger tracks I wonder how people can choose a certain line when I'm lucky just to keep it on the track at all. At closer distances it's not a problem. As a kid I didn't seem to have any problems. Yup, getting older sucks.

SerpJimmy 06-12-2016 06:37 AM

They say this could be from looking at a computer screen to much..:eek:

Socket 06-12-2016 07:02 AM

Practice.

Speedychris22 06-12-2016 07:23 AM

My vision seems fine, but always looking for anything that can help, so I went to a eye doctor and I def needed glasses. I only wear them when I race, def see things better.

NoobRacer 06-12-2016 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by SerpJimmy (Post 14563836)
They say this could be from looking at a computer screen to much..:eek:

Well good thing I don't use one of those anymore. Lol

NoobRacer 06-12-2016 09:25 AM

I'm going to go have my eyes checked out.

uh60 06-12-2016 09:29 AM

Everybody stop with the getting older thing.......I am still young....I am still young. ..damn it's not working.

55Guy 06-12-2016 09:35 AM

bifocals

Just wait until you get no line progressive bifocals. Now that adds an new challenge to wearing glasses and growing up or getting old old old

SerpJimmy 06-12-2016 11:17 AM

this is a great thread,, to bad i didnt think of it .. hahaha...

lowspark 06-12-2016 12:02 PM

Growing older but not up !!!

I still play with toy cars !!!!