R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-04-2006, 06:57 AM   #76
Tech Master

I havent read all the post so i may be jumping the gun but have you tried having a look in the carb for any debris ? also as before stated 15% oil is a little high.. Try a fuel with 12%, the engine will run cooler and performance will be better
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
MassiveMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #77
Tech Addict

hi how do i take the carburettor off i undid the hex head bolt but it doesnt come off or move is there a way to go about inspecting the carby?
downunder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:18 PM   #78
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SavageSYNTH25

try to turn the carburetor a little bit where it bolts into the engine, and also, try tapping the screw from the opposite side you removed the hex from.
SavageSYNTH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:16 PM   #79
Tech Addict

savage i havent been able to run my car due to one of the cluth springs not having tension to keep it in the centre it is bent i think so one of the pads is lose and it wont idle becuze the clutch engages straight away with no slip any idea how to fix this?
Old 01-07-2006, 01:17 AM   #80
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder23
savage i havent been able to run my car due to one of the cluth springs not having tension to keep it in the centre it is bent i think so one of the pads is lose and it wont idle becuze the clutch engages straight away with no slip any idea how to fix this?
Definetely replace the clutch springs and replace the clutch shoes if necessary.
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:01 PM   #81
Tech Fanatic

What he said. If your springs are worn, replace them as well as the shoes. Get some Mugen 1.1 springs and Mugen shoes.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:26 PM   #82
Tech Addict

whats the difference between the spring numbers like 1.1 compared to say a .9 and what is the best way to install them as my old shoes seem to be slipping off out from the pins leaving the pin holes with excess room (not flush with pins) as they should be.
if i get new ones how do i make sure they click right in first shoes replacement mind you so i dont wanna stuff them up any advice much welcomed thankyou...........regards Aaron.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:45 PM   #83
Tech Fanatic

1.1 spring is tighter than say a .9 spring, and will take more force, or in this case, more RPMs to engage the spring. You usually want to stick with a 1.0-1.1, I would only suggest a .9 spring on a very high grip track.

Sounds also like you could use some new springs/shoes. You probably have worn out shoes, and the springs have probably worn out trying to engage the worn shoes . Go ahead and get some Mugen carbon clutch shoes and 1.1 springs, and replace them to get everything working right again.
when you reinstall them, make sure that you slip the spring on the shoe first, then, using a screwdriver or pliers, push the back of the spring back while applying pressure to the shoe. The spring should slide down into the cranknut groove, and the shoe should drop into the place. Hope this helps!

Haven't heard from you in a while, how are your engine troubles?
Old 01-17-2006, 09:30 PM   #84
Tech Addict

yeah im still having the same trouble as i did before (can't get a full tank yet)
so um im not sure it just seems to rev really high when i pull in after accelerating or just plain driving , so really high reving and over heating getting to about 300 fh on the track and got to 360 fh on the road outside after open throttle for few runs, so um im confused about this engine's troubles but once clutch shoes are here with springs(getting them sent by my xray dealer in australia) then i shall keep at it, im actually selling my kyosho inferno and my losi xx-cr on ebay and advertised on this site http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....e=STRK%3AMESE%
3AIT&rd=1so

if you might want to hot them up and sell for profit or something ill take $600 aud for you if you want them or know someone who wants them plus postage costs. which ill work out and charge by exact rates.
i can get a team losi xx-4 or xxx-4 electric i seem to have to many dramers with nitro i might just keep the xb8 for fun, buy a new engine and see if i get more success out of that other wise i think ill race 1/10th 4wd electric buggies with the new 3600 mah batt packs nice considering when i ran electric 2000mah packs were illegal to race with apparently.
also i seem to get a load of nitro fuel in air filter to umm that tells me its too rich but why is it running so hot and over reving it doesnt make sense because when i lean it out it seems to start struggling like i mentioned in the previous forums ,it makes the bog sound like its not goeing properly ,not getting fuel to burn, so maybe the sparke plug is getting wet early filling the engine with unburned fuel flooding build up which would explain fuel in filter it seems the engine isnt firing properly.
to be honest im a bit confused with it so i think i might end up selling the xb8 if the new engine i buy does the same thing lol.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:39 PM   #85
Tech Addict

also i might add is the final result of this particular engine is that when i get it leaned out to max performance going well,accelerating right through to full throttle it's great but then when it heats up a bit to around half tank time it starts the bog struggle thing.
so to sum up the problems i cant richen it any more because it will sputter (too rich) and cant lean it out anymore (overheating and lack performance)
but the thing that gets on my goat is after all that it starts that bog bog bog sound which by that point after tuning ive had enough of the damn thing to be brutally honest.lol so the things that make you go hmm- this is one of them
Old 01-17-2006, 09:46 PM   #86
Tech Fanatic

In my MANY years in the hobby, I've never heard anything like this. It sounds like you have a TINY ASS air leak somewhere, that's all I could think of. Swap your tank, lines, and all filters. Seal the backplate, head, and carb base. And try EVERYTHING again. I don't know what to tell you tuning wise, seems like you've tried everything. If all else fails, I have a nice RB engine I can sell you for a good price, if you're frustrated with this engine. It sounds as if you got one of the earlier ones with the carb trouble, as SpeedBump described in an earlier post.

Anyway, PM me if you just want to start out with a new motor, or we can go back to the drawing board to get yours running right.

Anyway, best of luck selling the older K Car and the buggy, I know a guy who may buy up the buggy so keep your eyes peeled on the auction.

Good Luck!!!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 02:23 AM   #87
Tech Addict

my pipe and header . not sure if they fit, do you have header for YOUR RB.
Attached Thumbnails
nitro newbie need advice-100_0082.jpg   nitro newbie need advice-100_0084.jpg  
Old 01-19-2006, 02:29 AM   #88
Tech Addict

Do ya know of anyone with a 1/10th 4wd pro race buggy that may want to swap for any of those buggie's i have on ebay (that's if they don't sell).
im looking for a nice quality 1/10tha 4wd bug to race locally,
im thinkin of the team losi xx-4 or xxx-4 or nice quality and good looking 4wd bug like team associated (not sure if they do 4wd bug's tho).
Old 01-19-2006, 08:50 PM   #89
Tech Fanatic

Downunder your pipe will fit perfectly, and if you are interested, I have a Losi XXX-4 G+ kit if you wanted to swap something? It's new in box.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:18 AM   #90
Tech Addict

savage have you heard of the x-5 conversion kit for the xxx-4 and xx-4 ??