Sworkz S35-2E 1/8 eBuggy >

Sworkz S35-2E 1/8 eBuggy

Like Tree1Likes

Sworkz S35-2E 1/8 eBuggy

Old 07-20-2016, 09:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxr33
Book set up is really good, first run with this eBuggy was on a med size track with light layer dust low- med grip. Made a few tweaks that have worked for me in past, shocks in on lower A arm, rear shocks out on tower, less anti squat. Car has a really good balance feel, can push it without getting squirly or pace it and still be responsive. I was able to TQ, win A1, was leading A2 when tie rod bolt feel out in open eBuggy, pace was not to far off expert eBuggy. this was with new built car, no practice days to get a feel for it, on a track I normally don't run, usually struggle with low bite tracks. In A1 I had no wreck no marshal run, which is huge for me. The car is easy to drive! I liked the feel so much I was looking at it next to nitro to see what I needed to change on nitro. I do like the feel of the pink springs on nitro n will get those to try on eBuggy
Thanks for the setup sheet, So far my only complaint about the kit is the lack of clarity in the manual. I feel like I'm guessing at some of the kit setup because I can't really tell what's being shown in the manual, and some things that have several options (sway bars for eg) don't specify which to use, or are vague clarifying which of several similar parts could be used (suspension inserts for the front upper arms). The ackerman plate was looking like middle hole or one toward the back based on the manual pic, but I see you're using the 2nd from the front. Also, the shock shaft length is way off from what's shown in the manual (by about 7mm) which I'm guessing is due to the kit coming with longer shafts?

Aside from the manual issues, the build quality / fit and finish of the kit is impressive!

Last edited by MrBones22; 07-20-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

The included manual is not the greatest. I was able to run last night on local track. Slow night and not enough entries for eBuggy class. Car felt good again and happy w basic set up. Ups did not arrive in time to try out the 8 hole pistons, pink and yellow springs. I'm not the greatest at set up n tune by trial and error so looking forward to what others are doing and finding.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Hey guys, can someone give me a measurement of the long center shaft pin to pin?

Thanks
Old 07-31-2016, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not too sure mine would be a good measurement, it has a bit of a bend in it. Ran the nemo shoot out and track had some big jumps. The car held together all day with no broken parts. By A2 only three cars finished. Was able to take the overall in open eBuggy with 1-2.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Tech Initiate

I finally got time to get things painted up (along with mbx7t body), and with the help of a few buddies at the track got my S35 on the track this weekend.

I didn't have time to follow any of the setup sheets I've seen, and conflicting schedules led to me jumping into the C main for my first ever drive of the car I was able to drive up to the bump spot, and after starting 11th in the B main, came just short of bumping to the A.

My "guestimated" Kit setup was pretty far off, the car had Crazy amounts of steering, but that was combined with a loose rear end so I struggled quite a bit...with just a few minutes between the C and B main I moved my ackerman from the center hole to 1 hole back thinking it would calm down the steering a bit, but I my brain backwards and made it even more aggressive. After the races I moved the ackerman to the 2nd hole from the front, and put the 4mm of upper arm spacers from the back of the arms to the front for more caster, and the car was much easier to drive but still had the rear end coming around suddenly...almost like the front swaybar was too soft(I went with the middle stiffness swaybars front and rear). I'll look over the settings I had this week and do some changes, but the car seemed to be handling the rough stuff well, and took a couple massive overjumps in stride without getting out of shape....So with a little tweaking I think there's a lot of good things to come!

I noticed the s350 evo II manual had a filled out setup sheet included for a guide, and wonder if one was supposed to be included on the s35-2e manual? It would be a good help, because the way I interpreted the manual was definitely far from a good base setup.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I'm looking for a picture of a S35 w/ the HW XR8 installed (wired and complete). Anyone?
E
Old 08-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mebolson
I'm looking for a picture of a S35 w/ the HW XR8 installed (wired and complete). Anyone?
E
the first page on this thread shows pretty good pic ....not completely wired but its pretty easy to see and imagine clompeted wiring ..
Old 08-22-2016, 10:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up FTW

I finally got the car on the track for the second time on Sunday, and with one change the car felt really good and I was able to qualify 2nd, and pull off the Amain win (even though I almost threw it away on the last lap with a small crash and a really slow marshal, making the finish all too close)! Several people commented at how good the car was looking on the track, and I'm feeling pretty happy with my purchase Especially considering I had a total of about 20 minutes of driving the buggy before the main started!

The change I made to get some rear grip was move the rear hinge pin from the upper setting (both rear suspension pills in the up position) to both rear pills with the center hole position.

Next time out I might try a full setup change like Mxr33 posted, or one that sworkz posted on FB...but where the car is at right now is a good spot for our local tracks, but if it could get a little better that would be amazing!
Old 09-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I got to see one of these go at one of the tracks I race at. Its this one:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The driver who owned the car had it setup box stock using the Hobbywing motor and esc setup and all I can say is WOW. It took whatever he could throw at it and came back for more. it seemed to basically fight through bobbles and replant itself. I got a chance to wheel it after our main and I couldn't believe how good the car felt.

Planted considering I don't think the tires were ideal for the track but still loads of steering. It was so much easier to drive than I recall with my previous Tekno and my current Durango I am working on tuning for an out of the box setup.

And the parts are durable, he really drove it hard and it just asked for more. I am looking forward to hearing more on how well it wears.

Is an E-truggy in the works?
Old 09-11-2016, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

I am the owner of the buggy Cain drove. I have been in and out of sworkz cars the last few years but would say I'm in for a while now!!! The latest 1/8th scales they have put together are soooo much better than the previous versions it's not funny. They finally have the shocks and geometry dialed! I run the truggy (USA spec), Evo limited and the s35-2e. I don't consider myself an E buggy driver and have raced the class few times in the last couple years. I ran my mp9 last round and the sworkz this round. Took the "W" this round which wasn't the case last round by a few positions! Lol. Can't wait for the next race.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:36 AM
Tech Legend

Looking at the manual its hard to tell what is the "stock" setup. Roscoe can you post your setup?

Also, does the vehicle include all the sway bar options or which does it include out of the box?

One thing looking at the pics and what i have hear, curious if I could make a 4x4 SCT version out of this using durango / arrma a-arms, etc to get correct width.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Kit springs
Front 1.3x6 - 400wt Kit oil
Rear 1.4x6 - 400wt kit oil
Diffs 7-7-3 kit oil

Anything adjustable was to the manual spec. Rear tow is fixed at 3* on the new rear tow plate.

Comes with a sway bar assortment out of the box too.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:54 AM
Tech Legend

thats cool on the swaybars for sure, nice to have some assortment out of the box for that price.

Looking forward to hearing more on how these go.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

I finally finished my S35-2E yesterday and went for a run at my local 1/8 track (MORBC, the 2018 1/8 worlds venue)

I've driven the previous BE1, and also the S350 Evo II converted cars that a lot of people were running last year (Josh Pain used it to win FEMCA in the E Buggy class in 2015). Plus I've had drives of various brands and models over the last year or so...but this car straight out of the box feels better.

I mean, consider how much of an improvement they made going from the nitro Evo II to the Limited, and this car has all the same geometry and parts as the limited so we know it's going to be a big step forwards.

I ran kit setup, but I made it better pretty quickly by making a few changes to get to the setup that Josh Pain and the rest of the Australian Sworkz guys have got to. The car feels great, does what I want and comes back for more. Even running AKA long wear soft Impacts where maybe some regular soft gridiron a would have been way better, the car still felt great! A little tail happy but a small change to the rest oils should sort that out! I should get around to writing the setup down and I can post it up if you guys want it, it's a great starter for most low-medium dirt/clay tracks!

The only other thing I found with the car, the diff input cup for the front and rear, being only held in place with a grub screw. Mine came undone twice today even with red loctite and a Vulcan death grip on the driver...I'm wondering how I can better secure these so I don't get caught out in a race!

I run the car with a Hobbywing XR8 Plus ESC, Hobbywing 4268 1900kV motor, 2x Fantom 7000mAh 2S packs and a Pro Amps BLS358 servo, plenty of power and makes the whole package an amazing racer.

The only downsides with the car I see:
- the manual is a little hard to read
- the grey plastics are a bit soft and don't look the best
- the plastic Spurs I've had in the kit aren't the best 'roundness' so my gear mesh sounds like a chainsaw
- plastic servo horn stripped instantly, on to a nice alloy one!
- no mud guards! Because they are made on the parts tree with the fuel tank parts...and there's no fuel tank with an EP!
- pillow balls have no hex for camber adjustment up front

A couple of notes I had on the kit and build:
- check the pill you're using is correct
- At steps 5 and 6, the bearing on the inside should be replaced with a high quality metal shielded bearing- 5x11x4 instead of the kit bearing that fails easily under the high load. Sworkz part number SWC-116016A
- To get pillow balls with adjustment flats, use the titanium/aluminium pillow balls in the top (only 2 required but sold in packs of 4) part numbers SWC-330115A and SW-330116
- Flip the rear camber links Use the dog-leg rear outer ball cup for clearance on the wheel
- Switch angled ball cup to outside on the front steering links
- Couldn't use all the washers I the resr hub spacing for wheelbase, 1mm washer wouldn't fit, check for free suspension & adequate play

I plan to race it this coming weekend at the same track for the North VS. South round, and the following weekend for the WA Challenge Cup Round in Geraldton. Looking to show the car off some more and get more wheel time with it

I've also just wrapped up writing the full article on this car for an upcoming edition of 'Racing Lines' magazine in australia, hence its taken me so long to get it up and running! I'll try and get some pics of my fully built car up soon

Last edited by mental_raycer; 09-11-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:25 AM
Tech Legend

one thing you can do with the diff cup grub screw that I did in the past with other cars was to cut a small X on the face of the grub screw, and rough up the area the screw bolts to to give it some area to grab in case its too smooth. You can also run blue loctite on the cup opening itself where the "shaft" goes into. That can help secure it better but still pop free with some heat (I wouldn't do this with red loctite).

How is the durability of the spurs and do they offer steel option?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.