What is your favorite shock and why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is your favorite shock and why?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 04:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow What is your favorite shock and why?

I have a nitro mt racer (HPI) and I want to replace my shocks, but I have so manny choices!--I can use the 1/8 buggy shocks from ofna and koyosho, and also the t-maxx ones-(maybe not on the front) -- monster pirate shocks look perfect...but altogether I am tired of popping the tops all the time !!I guess I need aluminum ones. What do you guys suggest? Here is my MT pic!
Attached Thumbnails What is your favorite shock and why?-mvc-002f.jpg  
Old 11-11-2002, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Not positive but I bet you could use Team Losi threaded shocks with their nitride shock shafts. These shocks are very easy to build and maintain and they work very well. Losi also has a very good selection of springs and pistons. They are also not as expensive as 1/8th scale shocks would be. I also believe that the shocks on the new Mugen gas truck would work well too.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks! I will look at losi shocks--thats one that was hard to find and I thought that they didn't make much...

Any other suggestions guys? as long as they are 4" rear and 3.5" fnt, they will work for me----------no matter the size though, what are your favorites?

TTT!!!
Old 11-12-2002, 05:42 AM
Tech Adept

The shocks on my MP7.5 are fantastic. Hardly ever leak, and so easy to build. The other plus about them is that they can be fitted with shock boots so you rarely get an ingress of dirt and that you can fit either MIP or Fioroni progressive springs.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:24 AM
Tech Initiate

yeah, I was lookin at those!--those look like a top notch shock!--I think they are to long for my car, there is a set on ebay now and they are at a good price I could build the first 1/8 mt!-to much work though 7.5 must be nice.....!

keep 'em commin!!!
Old 11-18-2002, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

The large-volume (read "big-bore") Mugen 1/8th scale buggy shocks have almost no equal, IMHO. Unlike their standard shocks, each time I have opened the shock body to change the oil, there is very little evidence of internal wear; the oil is reasonably clean. There are three different spring weights available for this shock.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Very cool guys thanks...and look-->

I had to go with nice but enexpensive check out what I ordered!http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXANU1&P=K