Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Helion Four 10SC - Select Series Short Course Truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I picked up one of these and after a month of racing and practicing on a track, I have too say its a very good truck. Nothing broken at all. The stock tires are total crap for anything other then bashing. I got some Proline Blockade premounts and the truck is seriously hooked up. Super quiet drivetrain. Like 4wd 10th scale buddy quiet.
My only two complaints. The aluminum shock towers are weak and easily get lightly bent (almost just look slightly warped) if they take a hit. The skidplate won't last long on a track. Clay will wear it down paper thin after a few hours of running. I am going to try adding some fuel tubing to the shocks shafts for bump stops to cut down on the wear. Bonus is the parts are mega cheap if you do need replacements. I think the Motor and ESC are some of the best brushless systems out there. Butter smooth and responsive.
At the current $250, its a steal. The Ikonic radio system is the best RTR radio I have used and worth considering as a starter radio. Way better then a DX2 in the same price range.
TIME MACHINE likes this.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I am thinking I should pick up one of these before they finally sell out. I'd imagine they are discontinued and that they are just liquidating stock. At $249, there is no way that they are making any money.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:02 PM
Tech Rookie

This truck is fast and fun but do not break it. I have been waiting months for a few front end parts and still on back order from AMain and they cannot tell me when they will be in.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:11 AM
Bri
Tech Regular

I am pretty sure the truck has been discontinued so it could very well be up in the air if parts will continue to be available.

Best regards,
Brian
Old 05-19-2018, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have an original helion 10sc 4x4 and I have an underpowered brushed set up in it for my 3 year old. Before that my 9 year old had it! The thing is bullet proof I've had it since it came out and haven't broken a thing.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Normajean
I have an original helion 10sc 4x4 and I have an underpowered brushed set up in it for my 3 year old. Before that my 9 year old had it! The thing is bullet proof I've had it since it came out and haven't broken a thing.
I have had a brushless one. DO NOT INSTALL a brushless system. Things will go very, very, very quickly once you get some power into it. Literally broke arms with a basic 3900kv Hobbywing Sensorless system on 2s. The center diff was a pile of garbage too. The stock locked spur gear was the only thing that would last but the truck then ate rear differentials. After 6 months of chasing parts i finally gave up on the truck and really understood why it has that pathetic brushed motor from the factory.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Have you guys checked with hobbytown online or better yet if you have a local hobbytown usa in your area? Helion is a hobbytown brand and they have access to all the parts there are.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevinatfms
I have had a brushless one. DO NOT INSTALL a brushless system. Things will go very, very, very quickly once you get some power into it. Literally broke arms with a basic 3900kv Hobbywing Sensorless system on 2s. The center diff was a pile of garbage too. The stock locked spur gear was the only thing that would last but the truck then ate rear differentials. After 6 months of chasing parts i finally gave up on the truck and really understood why it has that pathetic brushed motor from the factory.
I did put a team associated rtr brushless set up in it and felt like it was way too much power!! Lol I'm more confident in it being brushed especially since my 3 year drives it now.

Originally Posted by Zinergy
Have you guys checked with hobbytown online or better yet if you have a local hobbytown usa in your area? Helion is a hobbytown brand and they have access to all the parts there are.
Yes I have a hobbytown near me and they have a ton of helion parts but mostly for the v2 and later model stuff. I haven't needed any parts for mine but I'm sure they could get whatever I needed.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

If anyone missed the close out deal on the Select Four, this is the same truck. Parts are available for this one too.

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_...?lkid=12644054

Old 09-18-2018, 07:48 PM
Tech Rookie

I bought this for my son and I really like it. It's very fast and tough, got run over by a car and only broke shock tower and body mount, I was amazed. Massive problem with the steering from servo horn to link to bell cranks. I really hate that when you turn it extends below chassis, isn't this a dumb design? He brakes at least one of those components EVERY SINGLE RUN! Has anyone had this problem and come up with a solution?