Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys,

I need some Tipps for my B6 and I hope you can help me.

What kind of gearing is ok for a mid-size Astro track? I'm using a 6.5T Fleta with 20/78 now. Is it to short?

What is the best Hub-Driveshaft combination for Astro? Schelle or Asso? Any positives to run 67mm Driveshafts?
Is the stock Slipper and Spurgear good and durable enough ? Or does it makes sense to switch to a machined Spurgear like a JC or to a new Slipperunit (Schelle or Avid) ?

My last question is what is your favourite Batterymount? I don't like the stock one because I can't see the polarity on my shortys.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:02 PM
B44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

question on the new ae hubs and 67mm bones, do you still use the 91605 cva axle shims...thanks
Old 09-21-2017, 02:52 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TruggyStyle
Hi Guys,

I need some Tipps for my B6 and I hope you can help me.

What kind of gearing is ok for a mid-size Astro track? I'm using a 6.5T Fleta with 20/78 now. Is it to short?

What is the best Hub-Driveshaft combination for Astro? Schelle or Asso? Any positives to run 67mm Driveshafts?
Is the stock Slipper and Spurgear good and durable enough ? Or does it makes sense to switch to a machined Spurgear like a JC or to a new Slipperunit (Schelle or Avid) ?

My last question is what is your favourite Batterymount? I don't like the stock one because I can't see the polarity on my shortys.
That gearing is fine to start with. You might even find that that's a little to much
power. An 7.5 or 8.5 is plently.of motor if you drive well and carry corner speed.

I didn't really care for the 67mm bones with the offset hubs. There where some
places on the track where they where faster but in general they created to much
rear grip for carpet or astro. I prefer the cva shims from AE or MIP to allow full
use of the rear pill adjustment.

Nothing wrong wih the stock spur or slipper.

All my batteries have the poles on the same side. You can't reach the wrong pole
with the wires because of there length. I would not buy a battery that had the poles
reversed because there is always an option that has the poles in the proper place
for my cars.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:58 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B44
question on the new ae hubs and 67mm bones, do you still use the 91605 cva axle shims...thanks
There prob not gonna be needed unless your running a wide pill setting. Not sure
how AE or Schelle desigened there's but the BMI bearing cups only had about 1.5
MM of offset so the bones plunge was only .5mm deeper. Might be enough to keep
the bones in for those having them fall out with the really wide pin settings and
maybe not. It's gonna have a lot to do with your droop and compresion stroke on
the rear shocks. I would keep the shims around and try and aim for plunge about
In the middle of the outdrive at ride height.
B44 likes this.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Posted in painting forum but there hasn't been any activity there since mid Sept. So I'm using rattle can Tamiya spray paint one color. Also bought Tamiya ps-55 flat clear to paint the outside flat using a Jconcepts body.
Can I apply my decals on the outside of the body and then spray the flat clear on the outside to make the decals look flat too, with no damage to the decals themselves?

Jake
Old 09-22-2017, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

stick a decal you aren't planning on using or even just some of the extra clear stuff from around the actual logos on a scrap piece of lexan and try it, its probably fine but it probably depends on the adhesive used in the specific decals you are using
Old 09-22-2017, 12:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Red RC ? RC Car News » RPM B6-series rear A-arms
Old 09-22-2017, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Not sure if you guys have talked about this, but Ive noticed the B6/D prices are dropping. Is there rumor of a new buggy dropping soon?
Old 09-22-2017, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

based on the results of the upcoming IFMAR world's results....we could maybe see a B6.1 Worlds, Champion, or FT edition. you more than likely will not see a Spec Edition like TLR did. maybe a FL though
Old 09-22-2017, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

yeah but nothing says RPM more than being able to get them in green, yel, red or blue
Old 09-22-2017, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FPMX772
Not sure if you guys have talked about this, but Ive noticed the B6/D prices are dropping. Is there rumor of a new buggy dropping soon?
My own opinion, with 1/10 season closing in, they are trying to flood the market.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
based on the results of the upcoming IFMAR world's results....we could maybe see a B6.1 Worlds, Champion, or FT edition. you more than likely will not see a Spec Edition like TLR did. maybe a FL though
Ya I can deff see a FL version of this car coming out. Im looking to make the switch from TLR to AE, as I already own the T5M and love that truck. I really enjoy my 22 3.0 but AE is stocked a lot more at my local track.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PorTX
My own opinion, with 1/10 season closing in, they are trying to flood the market.
AE sorta did same thing prior to B6, they came out with Championship edition
Nov 2015, saw some combos prior to B6 announcement offered where they even added a complete B5 rear motor conversion when buying one of the B5M versions.

not saying based on their recent actions, we could be in for a incoming B7, but i do think updated B6's are warranted. years back a 13 year run on a car worked, but then the tree was chopped down, then a 3 year run worked. the bar has been raised by other companies doing updates faster, but then again they don't have a huge cottage industry modding their cars to the extent AE does
Old 09-23-2017, 08:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
AE sorta did same thing prior to B6, they came out with Championship edition
Nov 2015, saw some combos prior to B6 announcement offered where they even added a complete B5 rear motor conversion when buying one of the B5M versions.

not saying based on their recent actions, we could be in for a incoming B7, but i do think updated B6's are warranted. years back a 13 year run on a car worked, but then the tree was chopped down, then a 3 year run worked. the bar has been raised by other companies doing updates faster, but then again they don't have a huge cottage industry modding their cars to the extent AE does
If the updated the car, I suspect 67mm bones and maybe new rear arms would be in the mix. The car could use a little more rear grip. otherwise it is fantastic as is
Old 09-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

yes, along with a few more on the laydown. imo even the gullwing up sweep on rear arm is too much, still severe drive shaft angle that even 2mm spacers under the gearbox and rear hub 3 position really don't help much,

minor updates, imo simple
-alum rear D-block
-rear A-arms, with the extra holes
-67mm drive shafts
-hubs for above (don't have to be alum)
-spacers for gear box

something to consider for carpet
-maybe gear box redo, with easier access to diff and diff higher
-or eccentric outdrive cam system (been done for years in TC)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.