Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

You're on Page 45 of 533
Go to
  • Yep... I would venture to say the gear diff would only be beneficial on carpet/turf.
  • Quote: Many people are successfully running the laydown car on dirt.

Just sayin.
    Yeah i agree but to buy the B6D and convert to the lay down is by far more economical than buying the B6 and other parts.

Most will not use the gear diff, gullwing arms and tower, they're great tuning options but most won't use them at all or even utilize them as an option.
  • You guys win...I changed my order to a D. Bastards...
  • Could we also get the setup database added to the first page? Not much there now, obviously.

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associ...tedRC10B6.html
  • What servo would your guys recommend ?
  • Quote: What servo would your guys recommend ?
    Whatever one fits your weight, speed, and reliability needs.
  • Quote: Whatever one fits your weight, speed, and reliability needs.

That helps narrow down my choices....thanks
  • Quote: That helps narrow down my choices....thanks
    It's more of a hint: Give us an idea of what you're after, then the suggestions can start. Also give an idea of budget before I start recommending KO propo stuff.
  • Quote: It's more of a hint: Give us an idea of what you're after, then the suggestions can start. Also give an idea of budget before I start recommending KO propo stuff.
    I'm looking at the D version, for some light racing. I don't need anything fancy, just the most reliable servo that won't break the bank, I'd like to stay under $100
  • Quote: I'm looking at the D version, for some light racing. Budget would be under $100
    I primarily look at the speed, torque and the voltage that the servo is rated at. Right now, I am at least looking for a speed of .10 seconds, torque of 100 ounce inches, at 6 volts. I say 6 volts because that is what my speed control b.e.c. is supposed to be able to supply.

Some speed controls only supply 5 volts and some receivers can't handle voltages above 6, but they are getting to be few and far between.

If you can share what radio system and speed control you are using we can let you know if there might be compatibility issues.
  • Gear Cover for lay-down
    I realize that there is no gear cover for the lay-down transmission because it was born from the carpet world, but those that will be running it in there B6D... Will there be a gear cover for the spur and pinion for those running in the dirt?
  • Quote: I realize that there is no gear cover for the lay-down transmission because it was born from the carpet world, but those that will be running it in there B6D... Will there be a gear cover for the spur and pinion for those running in the dirt?
    The laydown in the B6D will be used on tracks that seal the track or produce very little dust. No gear cover needed.
  • Quote: The laydown in the B6D will be used on tracks that seal the track or produce very little dust. No gear cover needed.
    That's very true. I run on an indoor damp clay track. The pinion and spur on my Tekno 410.3 seems to stay fairly clean. Thanks!
  • Quote: I primarily look at the speed, torque and the voltage that the servo is rated at. Right now, I am at least looking for a speed of .10 seconds, torque of 100 ounce inches, at 6 volts. I say 6 volts because that is what my speed control b.e.c. is supposed to be able to supply.

Some speed controls only supply 5 volts and some receivers can't handle voltages above 6, but they are getting to be few and far between.

If you can share what radio system and speed control you are using we can let you know if there might be compatibility issues.
    Thanks for all your help....

I'll be using a spektrum radio and a Blackbox 800Z Zero-Timing ESC
    Voltage Input: 7.4V, 2S LiPo
    On Resistance: 0.0004
    Continuous Current: 80A
    Dimensions: 1.6 x 1.2" 0.74" (40.2 x 31.0 x 18.8mm)
    Weight: 1.3oz (37g)
    Motor Limit: 10.5T
    SBEC: 6.0V/3A
  • variety of good fast servos out there. I am fond of Futaba and hitec brand servos personally, but I have used some savox standard and low profile servos with my Hobbywing ESCs and no issues to report.