Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 01:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls
As to which kit to buy, the way Brent explained it (which wildcat shared) is pretty spot on. To me it's this simple:

The only reason to buy the B6 is if you plan to run carpet or turf, that's it!

For any other surface including switching back and forth between dirt/turf/carpet etc buy the B6D and any parts to convert as it'll be cheaper and easier.
Well said. This will go on the front page in a few.

Last edited by RCBuddha; 05-21-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think the only other reason is that so many people will be buying B6D's, there might be a run on laydown transmission parts for a while? Probably be less people trying to go the other way, so easier to get ball diff parts and front arm parts.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tsair
I think the only other reason is that so many people will be buying B6D's, there might be a run on laydown transmission parts for a while? Probably be less people trying to go the other way, so easier to get ball diff parts and front arm parts.
That's why I ordered both kits. I might be able to sell my lay down at a premium.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:15 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I'm just hoping to get the aluminum chassis insert for under my electronics. I can't wait to get the B6D built!
Old 05-22-2016, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Okay, B6/D delayed anywhere from mid June to mid July. I hope at least they have the manual for download soon.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Manuals go up on the website when the kits are on the boat leaving from China.

My guess is June 29th +/- 2 days.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 190mph
Manuals go up on the website when the kits are on the boat leaving from China.

My guess is June 29th +/- 2 days.
Where did you hear that?
Old 05-23-2016, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I assume he is just guessing on the manuals..... AE said they would be up closer to the car arriving. The B5m manual was up like one day several weeks before the car arrived and then they took it down. The RC8 manuals were up after the car had been out for a bit so who knows.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

I think people are still getting way too tripped up on nomenclature. Just think of the two kits as "starter packs". They're both the same freakin car, just with a different set of options in the box. Most of us are going to be running a combination of the two kits anyway. I can already see this is going to be my pet peeve of this chassis lol.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:55 AM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
I assume he is just guessing on the manuals..... AE said they would be up closer to the car arriving. The B5m manual was up like one day several weeks before the car arrived and then they took it down. The RC8 manuals were up after the car had been out for a bit so who knows.
if they hype it up and keep everything quite it creates better sales
Old 05-24-2016, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by a1
if they hype it up and keep everything quite it creates better sales
First rule of hyping is to keep feeding the beast. AE better feed some new info this week or market exhaustion will set in and people will drift away. We're still looking at 2-6 weeks for the release... which is an eternity in social media marketing.

Maybe they'll talk about Spencer's new low profile Reedy servo in his B6 or release the B6 Manual soon?
Old 05-24-2016, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Finalist
First rule of hyping is to keep feeding the beast. AE better feed some new info this week or market exhaustion will set in and people will drift away. We're still looking at 2-6 weeks for the release... which is an eternity in social media marketing.

Maybe they'll talk about Spencer's new low profile Reedy servo in his B6 or release the B6 Manual soon?
Yep that's drives these forums pre release but it pretty much has lost momentum because there is no new info (which can easily change)

I'd be interested in hearing about the servo! Manual seems too far away right now
Old 05-24-2016, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

In this day and age almost needs to be released within a few weeks of being announced. Have the hype and test cars and pictures with those funny paint jobs like they do on cars then announce it with a sales date shortly after. The wedding is over time to get to the honeymoon and let the wheels hit the pavement.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

look at it this way, AE is giving people some time to sell their current cars and save for the new one. Imagine how people would lose their minds with a online release then 2 days later kits drop. Pandemonium I say. lol
Old 05-24-2016, 05:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
In this day and age almost needs to be released within a few weeks of being announced. Have the hype and test cars and pictures with those funny paint jobs like they do on cars then announce it with a sales date shortly after. The wedding is over time to get to the honeymoon and let the wheels hit the pavement.
I would be happy with a firm release date.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.