Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

You're on Page 148 of 534
Go to
  • Quote: My brother drove the car and broke this puny rear hub insert... do they make an aluminum version of this?

Mine broke in a main, got hit from behind and the car drove funny for the rest of the race. Unfortunately, the replacement part is in a $9 package with new plastic hubs. Fortunately, a friend had put aluminum hubs on and gave me his stock parts. I was surprised at how bad it failed, I had to pry it out from the hub.

Time for an upgrade for sure.....

Bruce
  • Quote: ... do they make an aluminum version of this?

I had a similar issue. I didn't use the M3x8 washer the manual calls for on the ball stud. Not sure if it was because of the washer or not, but I got a replacement from a friend, installed the washer and no issues since.
  • still wondering if anyone makes after market chassis weights for this yet. AE is still out
  • Quote: still wondering if anyone makes after market chassis weights for this yet. AE is still out
    I think I saw some Reds Workshop stuff on FB the other day.

https://www.facebook.com/redworkshopracing/?fref=ts
  • Quote: still wondering if anyone makes after market chassis weights for this yet. AE is still out
    I've been told they're going to be out VERY soon from AE.

There are some on ebay right now
  • Quote: There are some on ebay right now
    Not for long.
  • Quote: There should be an aluminum backing plate, it was on there, correct?
    yes. The blue alum is in the front side held by a small nut . That is fine. I guess they designed it that way so that insert will break only and not the other parts. But they sell the whole rear hub assembly with it. They could have offered to sell those inserts only.
  • Quote: yes. The blue alum is in the front side held by a small nut . That is fine. I guess they designed it that way so that insert will break only and not the other parts. But they sell the whole rear hub assembly with it. They could have offered to sell those inserts only.
    did you have the washer? We already know the other guy didn't.
  • Quote: I had a similar issue. I didn't use the M3x8 washer the manual calls for on the ball stud. Not sure if it was because of the washer or not, but I got a replacement from a friend, installed the washer and no issues since.
    What are you using now?

• ‪#‎B6Tip‬ for your @teamassociatedrc ‪#‎B6‬ and ‪#‎B6D‬
    On the rear hub, the kit calls for an unflanged 3mm nut (shown above). I prefer to run a flanged (shown below) but to help spread out the load for this assembly.
  • Quote: What are you using now?
    I think he is using the stock hub with the washer....per the manual.
  • Quote: Mine broke in a main, got hit from behind and the car drove funny for the rest of the race. Unfortunately, the replacement part is in a $9 package with new plastic hubs. Fortunately, a friend had put aluminum hubs on and gave me his stock parts. I was surprised at how bad it failed, I had to pry it out from the hub.

Time for an upgrade for sure.....

Bruce
    Just wondering... If I upgrade to this aluminum rear hubs....that would decrease my chances of breaking the read hub assembly BUT would that increase the chances to... Let say ...break rear arms more then? Which part would you rather break?
  • Quote: Just wondering... If I upgrade to this aluminum rear hubs....that would decrease my chances of breaking the read hub assembly BUT would that increase the chances to... Let say ...break rear arms more then? Which part would you rather break?
    I've broke 1 rear arm in the entire life of the B5m...and it deserved to break. The less stuff you hit the less stuff you break.

You still haven't answered my question if you were running the washer or not?
  • Quote: Just wondering... If I upgrade to this aluminum rear hubs....that would decrease my chances of breaking the read hub assembly BUT would that increase the chances to... Let say ...break rear arms more then? Which part would you rather break?
    you increase you chance of breaking a stud off in the aluminum hub or camber block. The plastic hubs are fine. If you go aluminum, I would get the schelle ones. They have a replaceable top piece. But... when I ran the schelle hubs on my b5m, they freed up the rear and added steering to the car. If you are fine with that, then go for it. I think they are due out at the end of this month.