Search
Like Tree42Likes

Team Losi's Baja Rey Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamDrax
Putting thicker shock oil in the rear and a little thinner in front. I also barely run any preload in the rear and a little more in the front to help counter the rear bounce. Still jumps with the back up some but way better.

what weights do you recommend?
Old 12-09-2018, 05:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rekim
what weights do you recommend?
I went with 25 out front and 50 in the rear. That was in the summer. Might go 20, 40 now cuz its flippin' freezing outside.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My son has been running 3s from day one. Now when he gets hard on power it sounds like gears are stripping. I pulled the front case apart and seen no signs of metal. Pulled the 3rd member out and the same result. I pulled the bottom plate off of the bottom and looked at all the gears and they all looked fine...anybody have this issues. Pinion bearing in the rear looked and felt fine. The only other issues is the front tires are ballooning real bad. Thanks for the help in adavance
Old 12-09-2018, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastchvy
My son has been running 3s from day one. Now when he gets hard on power it sounds like gears are stripping. I pulled the front case apart and seen no signs of metal. Pulled the 3rd member out and the same result. I pulled the bottom plate off of the bottom and looked at all the gears and they all looked fine...anybody have this issues. Pinion bearing in the rear looked and felt fine. The only other issues is the front tires are ballooning real bad. Thanks for the help in adavance
Have you tried turning the diffs and see how they sound? Like hold the rear tires and turn front tires to make diff gears operate and see how that sounds?
Old 12-09-2018, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_S
Have you tried turning the diffs and see how they sound? Like hold the rear tires and turn front tires to make diff gears operate and see how that sounds?
everything sounds and feels normal
Old 12-10-2018, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I got to do a full run this past weekend on a nice area of frozen grass with some little bumps. i really love this truck. Sure it doesnt handle as well as my other cars, and it isnt as fast, but it truly is a lot of fun to drive this.

i was able to find a nice s6040 servo 2nd hand and i ordered the aluminum servo arm to help with the slow servo it came with, and i will change the shock oil based on what is posted in here. i just am really enjoying this car. i am going to try to go out again tomorrow. i just wish it wasnt so cold out.
TeamDrax likes this.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
In case nobody's posted it yet, here are the 12 screws you have to remove to take off the Baja Rey's rollcage and body in one piece:
Nice!
Old 01-17-2019, 04:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Ex newb

Hey guys/girls, just bought my Baja Rey, and I pretty new to rc, any advice as to where to find parts, accessories, any advice at all is welcome I don’t even have batteries yet..
Old 01-17-2019, 04:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigkoon
Hey guys/girls, just bought my Baja Rey, and I pretty new to rc, any advice as to where to find parts, accessories, any advice at all is welcome I don’t even have batteries yet..
Tower hobbies. Both Losi and Tower are owned by Horizon Hobby.

Ebay is also a good source. And has, for the most part become my parts source.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Tower hobbies. Both Losi and Tower are owned by Horizon Hobby.

Ebay is also a good source. And has, for the most part become my parts source.
any idea where to get number plates and mudflaps, what size battery and charger lol I literally just know that it looked cool so I bought it
Old 01-17-2019, 05:38 PM
Tech Rookie

I just know I have seen pictures, of stuff that can be done to these, and they are pretty sweet when they are all dressed up, plus I don’t have a ex shop near me.. closet one is 2hrs away
Old 01-18-2019, 05:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just know I have seen pictures, of stuff that can be done to these, and they are pretty sweet when they are all dressed up, plus I don’t have a ex shop near me.. closet one is 2hrs away

Sorry about that. Got sidetracked last night. This is the battery I use in mine. I also have a 3s from same brand. There’s not a lot of room so have to check size before. Plus the plug wires need to come out of battery like this. Not in the middle as some do.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any idea where to get number plates and mudflaps, what size battery and charger lol I literally just know that it looked cool so I bought it
I don't have a 1/10 baja rey, but if I was looking for parts like that I would maybe try a facebook group. I'm not very fond of facebook, but it's been invaluable to me as far as getting unique parts for my 1/6 rey.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello. I have a question. Someone from the forum participants tried to unlock the rear differential?
I would like to unlock the rear differential and see how the car behaves with the unlocked rear differentials, but I cannot find gears suitable for this.

Guys, be careful when installing the rear differential. baja rey instructions for the wrong differential are drawn.
an incorrectly drawn installation of the differential gear is drawn to be installed on the right side, and in fact it is necessary to install it on the left side to prevent the wheels from spinning

Last edited by Skipir; 01-21-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

faced with a problem when replacing the rear propeller.
Cardan SSD RC Rock / Baja Rey Scale Steel Rear Driveshaft was ordered
and in it the stud (M4 set screw) is slightly thicker than the standard stud from the cardan plastic.
And this pin (M4 set screw) does not fit in Pinion Gear.
It is impossible to bore a hole in the pioneer. The drill itself does not grind and the hole in Pinion Gear is not bored.
if you tighten the pin from the stock model, it turns out on the reverse side where there is no thread. It will not work
in theory, since the diameters do not match and will b **** dangle like a pencil in a bucket

What do you think to give back the cardan or somehow try to shred a hole or, in principle, twist the stock rod and everything will be fine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.