R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-16-2005, 03:13 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Hollowman
Default Ae B5 or New Losi ?????

Hi, i normally hang out in the electric onroad sub forum, but i want to start offroad racing this summer, I have noticed that 4WD is growing yokomo, kyosho they are al making a 4WD but what happens to the 2WD do whe let it dead in it's tracks.
Because i want a 2WD it's like 1:12 but then offroad nice & cheap and also low maintance and it's a lot of fun no whorry's just run it.
I hope that Ae or losi are going to further develope the B4 and the XXX BK 2 i really want to see a B5 or a XXX BK 3 Evo or something like that.
I am pritty much a Noob when it comes to 2WD offroad so let know all about 2WD and do know the basic stuff but i don't wich motor or wich servo en must put in to it.

Excuse me for my english i am from holland the cheese and windmill country

Greetings Florian
Hollowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:52 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Well, as far as a new buggy AE shouldn't be releasing a new one soon. Losi will probly have a new bk3 out by summer. Go with any high end high speed servo. The cars will handle any motor up to about a 10x1.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:34 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Unlike in onroad offroad chassis are generally not updated very often. AE will definately not be coming out with a new buggy anytime soon, 2 world championships in row speak pretty well for the buggy. Losi will probably be coming out with a new buggy, but I doubt it will be within the next 6 months. The chassis just isnt as critcal in offroad as it is in onroad.
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:38 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Suspension and Tranny are the most important i believe.
DUB_Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:06 PM   #5
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by party_wagon
Well, as far as a new buggy AE shouldn't be releasing a new one soon. Losi will probly have a new bk3 out by summer. Go with any high end high speed servo. The cars will handle any motor up to about a 10x1.
Doubt it. BK hasn't been in the scene for a while lately. If anything there will be a new Losi before a new Associated. Losi need to improve on some points on the BK2 which should be addressed with the next buggy. I haven't heard of any improving points with the B4.
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:26 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a single wind in 2WD maybe a double or triple for 2WD, you do want the motor to be smooth

Ryper Hobbies l AKA | AE
tony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:35 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

He Florian.

I see that you live in rotterdam so come by mvb bergschenhoek (www.mvbracing.nl , we are small off road club nearby rotterdam.
Most of us drive Associated cars(b4/t4) because losi parts are hard to get in holland.
Wouter.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:40 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

^^^ T4's in Europe?? Crazy, sure dont see that often.
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:48 AM   #9
Tech Apprentice

well the truck class is actually one of the biggest classes at our club. Look at the pictures on the website (picture = foto in dutch)
Wouter.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:06 AM   #10
Tech Adept

Wouter Z. I know of MVB and it's 15 min biking so in the summer of 06' i would like purchase a Offroad 2wd and after that you would see me alot on MVB but i don't know if i am getting a buggy or a truck they both like very nice i hope that Ae would come up with A B5 and T5 that would be awesome !!!.

Greetings Florian
Old 12-23-2005, 10:46 PM   #11
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to SirSpeedy Send a message via AIM to SirSpeedy Send a message via Yahoo to SirSpeedy

Wouter & Hollowman-

I am going to be in your country in the middle of January - any chance there is some racing to check out this time of year?
Old 12-24-2005, 04:59 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

go with a futaba 9451 servo and an 12x2 orion revolution motor novak gtx speedo thats a good setup electonicswise
motorsprayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 04:56 AM   #13
Tech Adept

I am not a member with MVB but i think that everyone in holland is sitting by the fireplace and most people are enyoing the snow so i think there is no racen at all in holland just indoor with 1:10 and 1:12 and 1:18 i don't know any indoor offroad tracks so sorry i can't help you but there will be no racing going on at MVB and wouter correct me if i am wrong because i am not a member .

greetings hollowman (florian)
Old 12-27-2005, 04:13 AM   #14
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Somerwil Send a message via Yahoo to Somerwil

Hi guys,

I'm also a member of the MVB-track and yes, we do race in winters!! All the regular classes are welcome, but also (for the first time at out track) 1:18 scale, off-road vehicles. So far there will be no regulations or something, just race with the out-of-the-box 18's. It's great fun!

There's a race on 8-jan-2006 (new year's race) and on 29-jan-2006. It's not exactly in the middle of January, but perhaps it fits your schedule. You can find the races on our website www.mvbracing.nl and then please click on 'Racekalender'.

Now back on topic. I think Losi is the one to come out with a new buggy/ truck. Probably around the 2006 World's??? At least, that's what I hope!

Gr,
Mike
Somerwil is offline   Reply With Quote