R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-18-2005, 06:47 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

The rtr packages will not included batteries. What you will get is a black rectangular battery holder that takes AA cells. All the other electronics come already installed in the car. I do highly recommend removing this battery holder and getting what we call a 6V hump pack (rechargeable) instead of about 1400 mah capacity. Then you will have to buy AA batteries for the transmitter too. I suggest getting rechargeable ones like the 1.2V AA sanyo cells. The advantage you are getting with nitro over electric is that you will not have to carry extra battery packs to enjoy multiple runs of the car. All you are doing is refilling the tank and going again. You will like the RC10GT it is a great car for the beginner or the aspiring racer. Associated did an excellent job of keeping this car simple and clean in design and layout. That makes it very easy to clean after a day of hard playing. Parts are available everywhere and are pretty cheap too. Also, later you can upgrade to the Factory Team version for more performance if you want to start racing.
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #32
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sport10
The rtr packages will not included batteries. What you will get is a black rectangular battery holder that takes AA cells. All the other electronics come already installed in the car. I do highly recommend removing this battery holder and getting what we call a 6V hump pack (rechargeable) instead of about 1400 mah capacity. Then you will have to buy AA batteries for the transmitter too. I suggest getting rechargeable ones like the 1.2V AA sanyo cells. The advantage you are getting with nitro over electric is that you will not have to carry extra battery packs to enjoy multiple runs of the car. All you are doing is refilling the tank and going again. You will like the RC10GT it is a great car for the beginner or the aspiring racer. Associated did an excellent job of keeping this car simple and clean in design and layout. That makes it very easy to clean after a day of hard playing. Parts are available everywhere and are pretty cheap too. Also, later you can upgrade to the Factory Team version for more performance if you want to start racing.
isnt this a pull cord? SO I will need the hump pack and the batteries for the controller. I think I will enjoy the nitro also. How fast do you think it will go?
03Black1.8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:13 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

don't forget the duratrax evader, it's probably the best value. You can buy a new one RTR with battery and charger for $199 or less. That's everythign you need even the AA batts.
gulio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:41 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

The pull cord only starts the engine. The onboard servos and receiver need to get there power from somewhere and it comes from a battery pack. The receiver receives the signals from the transmitter and sends the commands to the correct servo. If it is a steering command it sends the signal to the steering servo and like wise for the throttle. I am including a link to read up a little more on this truck. The truck is suppose to do 35 to 40 mph. Make sure to remove the restrictor out of the venturi of the carb if you get it. All you have to do is take off the air cleaner and take it out. Easy too do and give a nice power boost.

http://www.teamassociated.com/shusti...10GT_truck.htm
Old 12-19-2005, 12:16 PM   #35
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio
don't forget the duratrax evader, it's probably the best value. You can buy a new one RTR with battery and charger for $199 or less. That's everythign you need even the AA batts.

actually I found that one for like 169.99 but did not know if it was up to the same level as the T4. It looks now the choices have been narrowed to a T4 electric or nitro, evader, or rustler nitro or electric. Nitro is looking better and better. How long is the brake in period for the motor? Thanks
Old 12-19-2005, 12:18 PM   #36
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sport10
The pull cord only starts the engine. The onboard servos and receiver need to get there power from somewhere and it comes from a battery pack. The receiver receives the signals from the transmitter and sends the commands to the correct servo. If it is a steering command it sends the signal to the steering servo and like wise for the throttle. I am including a link to read up a little more on this truck. The truck is suppose to do 35 to 40 mph. Make sure to remove the restrictor out of the venturi of the carb if you get it. All you have to do is take off the air cleaner and take it out. Easy too do and give a nice power boost.

http://www.teamassociated.com/shusti...10GT_truck.htm

sport that 35-40 is for the nitro one. Why does Traxxas clam there rustler will do 49mph? Is it that much of a faster truck. How is the trx 2.5 motor. THanks
Old 12-19-2005, 01:52 PM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Traxxis always inflates there claims alittle. The car more than likely does around 45. You run into rpm limits of the glow engines due to most of the stadium trucks using a single speed gear box. The fact that the Jato uses a 2 speed makes it capable of 52 mph. Believe me 40 will feel like a lot to handle till you get use to it. The RC10gt can be retrofitted with more powerful engine to match or exceed the straight line performance of the 2.5R Rustler. Handling wise the rc10 is much better. The Rc10gt will give you more options later down the road too. Breakin a motor will not take that long. All you are doing is running the high speed needle rich for a couple of tanks and gradually leaning it out while driving it. You still get to enjoy the truck just not with full power at first. This is probably good, it will give you time to get use to the truck. Later you can add better shocks and widen the truck to ROAR limits for racing. I have the Widening kit on mine and also the threaded shocks off the T4. I also plan on changing the engine out to a .12 OS CV-R for racing. The .12 is the Roar limit for racing.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:08 PM   #38
Tech Initiate

Default lets be simple

take the electric and forget about it. nitro motors are easier to tune the changing the oil in your car. the rustler is a good truck real durable and a long line of of parts at every hobby shop. same with rc10gt on the parts durabilty is lacking as to what u would find from the rustler. the reason being is that team associated designed this ready to run to be race ready out of the box. the rustler is big and bulky and can be difficult to make minor repairs and adjustments on due to all the components where the rc10gt was kept simple transmitter servos fuel tank motor nothing in ur way. havent had any experience with the duratrax evader but for that price im gonna pick one up for the misses. good luck in what u buy and do ur self the favor and buy yourself a nitro. many more options and when u wanna bash u can bash.
glock45067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:03 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

The Associated RC10GT is no slouch in durablilty. Mine has taken quite a few nasty hits at the track and just shrugged them off. It is a capable basher also. The design is simple but it WORKS. It works for both racing and bashing. The rc10 will run circles around the rustler on the track out of the box.
Associated TC7.1
Durango DESC410V2 Pro