R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-27-2006, 01:17 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to D_Ames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Duratrax
I agree with Timmy G on this one. The 1/8 market is already so large with the likes of Hobao, Kyosho, Yokomo, Mugen, Thunder Tiger and Xray.

When did Yokomo come out with an 1/8 scale???
D_Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Havn't you Heard???

It is the latest and greatest most top secret to come out of the Japan RC scene ever...it's the new H car!!!

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80391
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:08 AM   #33
Tech Regular

it just pulls your eyes to it.
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:23 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LightningStruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin rc10
I dont think that either of the two companies are so quick to rush into a fad taht might not last.

Fad that might not last huh? How many years has the Inferno been out? 12 if my memory serves me right. Before that it was the Turbo Burns, then the Burns. Ofna had the Pirates, Mugen had the Athlete.. Point is, 1/8th isn't some FAD, it's been around, and popular A LOT longer than gas truck, and AE and Losi got into that pretty quickly. To be honest AE pretty much started gas truck, because before the RC10GT you had one of two options, a Traxxas Nitro Hawk and a Kyosho Outlaw Rampage.
Special thanks to: Nemo Racing, Reds Racing, LeadFinger Racing
LightningStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:30 AM   #35
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I wouldn't mind seeing AE make a 1/8 to compete with the competition, especially if Losi throws there hat into the ring.

I think that even though they are owned(?) by Thunder Tiger now, you could still make up sales if they had a 1/8 of there own as there are people who will buy an AE 1/8 simply because its from them. So you grab those people, and then you got those who want a TT vehicle, so you get a bigger share by default. I know guys that would go to an AE 1/8 from there current vehicles just because its AE.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:20 AM   #36
Tech Regular

nice pipe dreams... lets hit it one more time!!!
jake alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:39 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Remember A-Main Racing

I seem to remeber that A-Main Racing strated the gas truck craze with their conversion kits. Converted either a 1/10 AE or Losi into a nitro truck.

Later,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStruck

Fad that might not last huh? How many years has the Inferno been out? 12 if my memory serves me right. Before that it was the Turbo Burns, then the Burns. Ofna had the Pirates, Mugen had the Athlete.. Point is, 1/8th isn't some FAD, it's been around, and popular A LOT longer than gas truck, and AE and Losi got into that pretty quickly. To be honest AE pretty much started gas truck, because before the RC10GT you had one of two options, a Traxxas Nitro Hawk and a Kyosho Outlaw Rampage.
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Regardless not a single person had raced a 1/8 scale buggy at ant track in my region until this last year. And it may be different for other places but I know its just recently picked up around here. With that said, it is somewhat of a fad, just like micro seen. It blew up. So for all we know we might all want to run 1/10 2wd electric this year, you never know, and I think thats why they are going to wait a little longer. Just becuase company has a car out doesnt make it popular. HPI has had 4wd 1/10 scale truck out forever and I never see a class of those...
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:50 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Why put a car out and have to compete with the cars that are already #1 and have been forever, when you're already #1 in what you do?

Not to mention there's already so many kinds available! AE or Losi would probably be left making kits for the guys that already run the kyoshos,mugens,xrays. Top of the line serious guys. Ofna and hotbodies already make nice entry level affordable buggies. You can't make a living selling to racers only, and I doubt there's really that many that buy a race bred 1/8 just for fun. Those guys just bought a monster truck that will go over or thru anything, or an lx-pro.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:56 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

1/8 buggy has been going strong in our area since the 90's. Definetly not a fad in our area.

They hold at least one big race a year. It is proof that you don't have to spend a ton of money to have a successful track.

Check it out: Real RC

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:02 PM   #41
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to UAERDUOB EBAG

Thuder Tiger owns AE so buy a Thuder Tiger 1/8th scale and you will have an AE 1/8th scale.

UE
UAERDUOB EBAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The S3 is a TTR specific buggy. If Im not mistaken, it was even released before the buyout. And S3 parts aren't supported nearly as well as AE parts here in America at the LHS level.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 04:18 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Just do what I'm gonna do, throw some AE stickers and tell everybody it's an associated car. Hahaha, my xx4 will be decked out in some nice AE stickers pretty quick. Anybody think the shocks will give it away? I'm a die hard ae fan myself, but if I want a car and they don't make it that will not stop me from buying someone elses.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:16 AM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LightningStruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin rc10
Regardless not a single person had raced a 1/8 scale buggy at ant track in my region until this last year. With that said, it is somewhat of a fad
Ahh, so they should tailor what they do specifically for your region? Forget the fact that the Detroit, Champagne, and the number of other huge gas venues have been going on for over 15 years with huge success.

In our area 1/8th gas is huge, there's about 5 tracks within an hour of here and each sees about 40 to 50 entrants a weekend.. Pretty good for BFE Wisconsin. And it's been that way for about 8 years now.

Alright I'll stop argueing now..
Special thanks to: Nemo Racing, Reds Racing, LeadFinger Racing
LightningStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:49 AM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Location: Everybody wants to go to Heaven..... but Nobody wants to die

doesn't matter why AE didn't make 1/8 buggy, more matter is why AE sold to thunder tiger... didn't they make money ?
krisnata is offline   Reply With Quote