Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help identifying RC buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Need help identifying RC buggy

Hi, I'm new to the forums here. I found a couple RC cars at a yard sale a while back and I'm trying to figure out what this one is. It appears to be a fairly recently made buggy and the frame seems to be made out of composite material. I've had some experience with some old Tamiyas and stuff but I'm a bit of a newbie on RCs for the most part, so any info would be helpful. I'm thinking about selling this one to pay for parts to fix up an old Tamiya, but I can't do much with it unless I know what it is. Here's some pics:

Old 12-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The stickers say it all. It's a Kyosho Triumph buggy from the early to mid 90's. Pretty good car for it's time, I think Kris Moore (now with Mugen) used to race for them. Also has a belt drive transmission, which was pretty unique for a 2wd buggy. Looks like it's in pretty good shape, would be a nice collector's item.

-James
Old 12-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok, thanks for the info!!! I tried Googling everything on the body but I couldn't turn up much, so thanks!