R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-05-2016, 01:34 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSlash View Post
The Hobbywing zerospec esc/ motor combo is $94.99 on amain.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...020401/p453305

Here is a speed passion esc/motor combo with a 10.5T for $89.95
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Speed-Passio...QAAOxySoJTWVum

Here is a Trackstar esc/motor combo with a 13.5T motor for $69.83.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...bo_13_5T_.html

There is a wide variety of combos, I just looked it up and picked a link. Im sure if you do some home work you might get better deals. Note that those are just suggestions and only picked sensored based motor/esc since I understand you want to do some racing. Sensorless will be a few bucks cheaper tho.

If you are on a budget I will recommend you to shop at hobbyking, they have warehouses all over the world and might be better for you as far as shipping, and they are good on your wallet. Good products too. Just FYI.
Arent the xerun justock zero spec for on-road use? Or can I use them for off-road 2WD SCB as well? If I can I would definitely want to go with this since I have had good experience with hobbywing in the past. My ONLY concern is that the combo should be able to handle the load of a 2WD SCB. Please do confirm, if it can handle it easily, then im defo interested in this combo. I wouldnt want it struggling/heating up too much, since ambient temps in Pakistan are fairly high during summers.

Also I dont want to go towards hobbyking; yes I want to save money but I want to get quality products too. Castle, Hobbywing etc stuff like that. Basically im fine spending around 120-140 on motor esc combos. I would just like the best one for my use - Backyard racing + occasional bashing.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:38 PM   #62
Tech Regular

I just read on it and its suitable for 1/10 TC, 1/12 pan car and f1 applications. No mention of a SC truck.

Also, Would everyone recommend a 2-pole or a 4-pole motor for a 2WD SCB? My use would be around 80-90% on track. Please advise on combos; budget for motor/esc combo is 140-150 max. Will appreciate!!
Old 04-05-2016, 01:52 PM   #63
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its suitable for 1/10 onroad or offroad (Applications: 1/10, 1/12 on-road & off-road CLUB competition and normal training). Difference been that its locked at zero timing for spec classes. For a 1/10 2wd vehicle you will be fine running 2 pole motor. Like I mention before you will get the best bang for your buck at hobbyking.com on electronics. Also take a good look into speed passion esc/motor combos. They are really good and fall in or below that price range. There are many more but those are the ones that come into mind now.
Dialed-RC Hobbies (www.dialedhobbies.com), SOAR Seiki USA
JRSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:26 PM   #64
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I would also recommend 2WD, stadium truck or buggy. Look at SMC for ESC/motor combos. This is the combo I put in my TLR 22T and it is great, it is also well below your $ limit. I came from a Tekno SCT410 and an ET48 and I wanted something different which is why I got into 2WD. The driving experience, to me, is more fun than any 4WD I've driven. Here's a link to the SMC combo:

http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=273
Old 04-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #65
Tech Fanatic

I agree with sleddriver the motor limit is 3.5 on 2s. And you will have an array of modified turns to choose from
Dialed-RC Hobbies
TEN-SCTE 3.0/22SCT 3.0
Keith B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:39 AM   #66
Tech Regular

Update pic of the area is attached.

Still gotta figure out the track boundary material. Still gotta measure the area.

Will plan/start the track layout tomorrow once I finalize boundary material. Also going to get floodlights etc installed for night time driving.

EDIT: Track area is 75 X 37 Ft. = 2775 Sq Ft.

I guess that the straight-way of the track would be around 65 Ft.?

Need gearing suggestion i've never had a 2wd SCB before. No idea what 2wd gearing should be.
Attached Thumbnails
Getting bored - What next?-img_5878.jpg  

Last edited by mamdot91; 04-07-2016 at 06:51 AM.
mamdot91 is offline   Reply With Quote