R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-31-2016, 12:08 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Had same problem, needed a beater truck for my younger son.
Settled on a xxx sct since i run all losi stuff anyway.
Couldn't find anything but the $350 rtr versions new.
Wound up with a ebay roller, but its been more trouble than its worth. As im adding stuff to make it run, finding all kinds of broken stuff.

There is a new bnd xxx sct brushed on ebay right now that i’ve been looking at 235 or so.

I think there's a serious hole in this market for a decent ~200 truck from a major company with good local parts support. Im not a big fan of traxxas, they are slow and heavy and ive seen plenty of them break.
kki000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:36 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I did this on the hpi blitz it should be around the same for a losi or traxxas, I took the prices off ebay
Esc:39.95
Motor:11.49
Radio/reciver:40.49
Servo:22.09
Total:114.02
Blitz cost:249.99
Blitz cost after selling:135.9
xd99xd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:55 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Team C has one for $235 that's decent. I pitted with a guy who was running one in the fall and it was pretty nice. The shocks were worlds better than my Losi XXX_SCT.
http://evohobbies.com/kits-rtr-s/2wd...rse-kit-7.html

I have one of their wheelers (TM4) and I'm happy with it.
Eddie_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:31 PM   #19
Gun
Tech Rookie

bubbaslash – Thanks for the information on the ECX Torment. Also, thanks for the link to Prolineracing.com. The Proline Truck does look nice. I will include it as a possible truck to buy.

Likea45 – What Kyosho SCR kit did you buy? Do you have a link to it? That price sounds awesome. I cannot find it.

Callaway – What do you think would be a good price to pay for a decent 22SCT roller?

Kki000 – I agree. I have bought some RC cars that have been messed up. I bought a used Evader once that I thought was a good price, but after replacing some broken pieces it was not a very good deal. Because of this I am leaning towards buying new and avoiding someone's problems. Thanks for your views on the Traxxas.

Xd99xd – Thanks for the information on your selling the electronics. Was that for a brushed or brush-less set up?

Eddie_E – Thanks I will check out the Team C.
Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:36 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun View Post
bubbaslash Thanks for the information on the ECX Torment. Also, thanks for the link to Prolineracing.com. The Proline Truck does look nice. I will include it as a possible truck to buy.

Likea45 What Kyosho SCR kit did you buy? Do you have a link to it? That price sounds awesome. I cannot find it.

Callaway What do you think would be a good price to pay for a decent 22SCT roller?

Kki000 I agree. I have bought some RC cars that have been messed up. I bought a used Evader once that I thought was a good price, but after replacing some broken pieces it was not a very good deal. Because of this I am leaning towards buying new and avoiding someone's problems. Thanks for your views on the Traxxas.

Xd99xd Thanks for the information on your selling the electronics. Was that for a brushed or brush-less set up?

Eddie_E Thanks I will check out the Team C.
You have to look for them on sites used as they aren't made new but parts support is still really good on them. I actually know a guy selling one for $100. He'd probably ship it for $120. That like I said would be a heads and tails above anything else your going to get in that range. Kyosho shocks alone are worth it. Best in the biz. If your interested I can get you some info just PM me.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:32 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun View Post
bubbaslash – Also, thanks for the link to Prolineracing.com. The Proline Truck does look nice. I will include it as a possible truck to buy.
You're welcome. There is a forum right here on that very truck. 63 pages worth. May want to look through what others think of it. What I like is, it will be able to grow with his skill level. Play around with it as is, then race as his skills improve.

Last edited by bubbaslash; 04-01-2016 at 02:24 AM.
bubbaslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:13 PM   #22
Gun
Tech Rookie

Likea45 - Thanks. I will have to keep my eyes peeled for a used Kyosho SCR.

Bubbaslash - I just was youtubing some information on the Proline SC. I will look for the information in this forum too. Thanks!
Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:09 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRJ View Post
There aren't any kits in your price range. Search the classifieds for a used SC10.2. You should easily be able to get one for your budget.
+1 great truck and plenty of parts support.
rannblod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:29 AM   #24
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rannblod View Post
+1 great truck and plenty of parts support.
Race bred, so good on the track, but it sounds like some bashing will occur between races. If not, I would recommend the SC5M
bubbaslash is offline   Reply With Quote