Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savage24x
For 1/8 bodies:
1/8 E-Buggy: Stock
1/8 Nitro Buggy: LFR body
1/8 E-Truggy: Stock
1/8 Nitro Truggy: LFR body

I much prefer the serpent stock body for SRX8e than the LFR I have. The Nitro truggy LFR body is too wide for the E-Truggy. Some people run it anyway.
Yea I was eyeballin the LFR ebuggy body. also the VP Pro body but dialedrc doesnt have that one in stock just the nitro body. Probly just gonna go stock when I do pull the trigger.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have the LFR body and love it, I've actually tested it back to back with stock Ebuggy body and the LFR was able to improve overall lap times.
JDMR likes this.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by snwchris

I have the LFR body and love it, I've actually tested it back to back with stock Ebuggy body and the LFR was able to improve overall lap times.
Yea i like the super cab forward on it that looks cool. paint is sick too. I just dont know the vppro body is sick too has some more Fins to it.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thinking of changing to serpent

Anybody came from tekno eb48.4 to this car? What is your thought when comparing these two? After one year of using eb48.4, my thought is the rear is really loose. Especially on our local loose dusty track. So I'm looking for a car with stable rear...
Old 10-21-2019, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skaar_rc
Anybody came from tekno eb48.4 to this car? What is your thought when comparing these two? After one year of using eb48.4, my thought is the rear is really loose. Especially on our local loose dusty track. So I'm looking for a car with stable rear...
Tekno is known to be one of the most aggressive cars on the market. The Serpent can be dialed either way. My car personally feels like the rear is too tight, but I'm working on that! Might be a good fit for you.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Any news on srx8e pro being released? I dont want to get a kit just to find out the new one will be released shortly after...
Old 10-21-2019, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Any news on srx8e pro being released? I dont want to get a kit just to find out the new one will be released shortly after...
Not as far as I am aware. sebtarta may have info. Nitro Truggy is next AFAIK

The upgrades would be wing mount, HTD diffs, chassis weights, and steering rack. Maybe castor blocks, but I like the 17 degree old version. The new 17.5 are same steering but smoother response that you're looking for. I love the new wing mount, too. You'd do just fine with the current kit!
Old 10-21-2019, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

I heard that the SRX8e Pro is in the works. As to when it will be on the shelf, I do not know. Now in the "works" mean nothing as well. Wish Serpent would give out teaser pictures or something.

I would buy a used SRX8e and see if you like it, if you do then you could buy the Pro version and keep the old one for practice days.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sebtarta
I heard that the SRX8e Pro is in the works. As to when it will be on the shelf, I do not know. Now in the "works" mean nothing as well. Wish Serpent would give out teaser pictures or something.

I would buy a used SRX8e and see if you like it, if you do then you could buy the Pro version and keep the old one for practice days.
Very few people use srx8e in my place. However lots of GP guys use the srx8 and onroad guys uses srx8gt. But not srx8e. So the chance of me getting a used one would be slim... Anyway, thnx for clearing things up
Old 10-26-2019, 02:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Just picked up one of these. Cant wait to tear it down and rebuild it. Going hobbywing 😎
Old 10-26-2019, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wholeshot28
Just picked up one of these. Cant wait to tear it down and rebuild it. Going hobbywing 😎

Nice, any questions please ask.

Today was not a very good day at a club race i attended too. For some reason my ESC Teking RX8 Gen2 kept shutting off. So I did a reset on it, changed pinion from 16T to 15T thinking it was overheating, well 2nd qualy 30sec left, it shuts off. During the mains, all was good again, 2min to go shuts off. Not sure what else to try other than soldering new wires. Any suggestions?
Old 11-25-2019, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Not as far as I am aware. sebtarta may have info. Nitro Truggy is next AFAIK

The upgrades would be wing mount, HTD diffs, chassis weights, and steering rack. Maybe castor blocks, but I like the 17 degree old version. The new 17.5 are same steering but smoother response that you're looking for. I love the new wing mount, too. You'd do just fine with the current kit!
So you dont think the new KPI casters and hubs are very good in your opinion? Im about to buy all the new stuff for my ebuggy, diffs steering rack, KPI castor and hubs. jw b4 I go blowin money on em if you dont like them or if It doesnt make much difference I may not get the castors/hubs. I deff want the diffs tho I hate the small cut diff gears that come originial

Old 11-25-2019, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JDMR
So you dont think the new KPI casters and hubs are very good in your opinion? Im about to buy all the new stuff for my ebuggy, diffs steering rack, KPI castor and hubs. jw b4 I go blowin money on em if you dont like them or if It doesnt make much difference I may not get the castors/hubs. I deff want the diffs tho I hate the small cut diff gears that come originial
Depends on your style. I need an aggressive driving car. I need it super loose to throw around the track. if you want smoother response and more predictable cornering, the 17.5 is the way to go.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

ok I will probly delay the 17.5 upgrade for now and see how much the steering smooths out with the new rack. Thanks for your info for sure!
Old 11-25-2019, 08:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Depends on your style. I need an aggressive driving car. I need it super loose to throw around the track. if you want smoother response and more predictable cornering, the 17.5 is the way to go.
you seem like to have a similar set up to mine.
got my buggy up and running and went full hobbywing esc and motor 1900kv with a protek 4s 100c 5600 lhiv pack as far as electrics ..so far no complaints in that department with 16t/44t gearing right now.
car setup to run on a smaller outdoor clay track with a dusty/medium blue groove that happens later on in the day as it gets cooked by the sun. jconcepts reflex's tires all around (maybe this is my problem ?) maybe some holeshots which do very well 95% of the time on my b74 is the right choice ?
i have not tore the buggy completely apart because i wanted to try the setup of the previous owner and its not too bad i just lowered the right height lower and adjusted camber accordingly almost like a indoor carpet style because my track is very smooth for a 1/8scale car its designed for 1/10...the jumps aren't that big so the car spends more time on the ground and in corners and the highest the car probably gets off the ground is 4ft-5ft on the single back triple. (i try to set my cars up to be aggressive this is just my driving style)
what i know so far is this from the previous owner..
shocks are on the outer most holes on the arms in the front and middle holes in the rear. center holes on the towers.
5x1.5 pistons 40wt oil Front
5x1.6 pistons 35wt oil Rear
Diffs have 7k in the Front and Center and 3k In the rear.
19deg front blocks
any suggestions on how to get a little more rear grip it tends to break loose.. it could be my tires.. but if anyone has a suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.