Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree100Likes

Serpent SRX8-E

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

Iīm really impressed by serpent products and quality , also have a nitro cobra, nitro cobra truggy and srx4.

the wider nitro cobra , despite the different weight distribution is way more stable.

do you think the srx8e is as stable as a mugen mbx7r ? or is it smply the narrow chassis design, which doesnīt work on european style tracks. the tekno cars seem to suffer the same problems.

is it the narrow chassis? looks superb but maybe it isnīt under certain conditions.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wothrottle
Iīm really impressed by serpent products and quality , also have a nitro cobra, nitro cobra truggy and srx4.

the wider nitro cobra , despite the different weight distribution is way more stable.

do you think the srx8e is as stable as a mugen mbx7r ? or is it smply the narrow chassis design, which doesnīt work on european style tracks. the tekno cars seem to suffer the same problems.

is it the narrow chassis? looks superb but maybe it isnīt under certain conditions.
I would put my srx8e up against any buggy on any track. The SRX8e is wider than the old cobra E but not as wide as the nitro. The Tekno is narrower than the SRX8e and there are maybe other things about a tekno that maybe why its not working as well on your tracks.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys !
I'm about to receive my brand new Srx8 that will replace my old 811e !! i was just wondering if getting some shorties is worth the invesment ? I will probably run with the saddle layout.
Considering that a good standard 2s 6000mah is around 40$ and a good shorty 6000mah is 60$...that's a bit of a difference !
What do you think, your feelings ? Who is running with shorties ? Are they a real advantage ?
Thank you for your advices
Old 09-05-2017, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brun_s
Hi guys !
I'm about to receive my brand new Srx8 that will replace my old 811e !! i was just wondering if getting some shorties is worth the invesment ? I will probably run with the saddle layout.
Considering that a good standard 2s 6000mah is around 40$ and a good shorty 6000mah is 60$...that's a bit of a difference !
What do you think, your feelings ? Who is running with shorties ? Are they a real advantage ?
I ran it with shorties and liked the brick better. I didnt try full size 2s packs. Smc sells a 6700 brick for a really good price if you want to go that route.
Brun_s likes this.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by chicky03
Smc sells a 6700 brick for a really good price if you want to go that route.
I'm from France, unfortunately SMC is not available here. As far as i know, no more SMC resellers in Europe
Old 09-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

anyone got a new 4mm chassis lightweight for srx8-e buggy yet ?
TommyBlazin likes this.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by taztal3
I ran mine this weekend. It drives really nice! A little lighter on its feet and seems to whip easier than the stock one. I noticed it on one part of the track that its critical to setup for a landing.
TommyBlazin likes this.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by taztal3
Yeah, go it last week !! much lighter thant the original one (296 vs 402 gr.). But don't forget to order a skid plate, it's not provided ....
TommyBlazin likes this.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
I ran it with shorties and liked the brick better. I didnt try full size 2s packs. Smc sells a 6700 brick for a really good price if you want to go that route.
What was the noticeable differences?
Old 09-12-2017, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
What was the noticeable differences?
The saddle shorties forward had too much steering and was basically impossible for me to drive. I didnt try them back but after messing with the setup for a couple weekends I changed it to brick and all my problems went away. Maybe with more time i could have made it better but then I could also be fine tuning the brick car and make that even better!
Old 09-12-2017, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone have the Battery mount plate carbon set (600951) ? ...for saddle layout.
How does it work ? is it needed to unscrew the chassis brace stiffener to remove the batteries ?
Old 09-12-2017, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone have the Battery mount plate carbon set (600951) ? ...for saddle layout.
How does it work ? is it needed to unscrew the chassis brace stiffener to remove the batteries ?
there is a space under the chassis brace that the carbon slides in to. All you need is 2 small body clips a side.
Brun_s likes this.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hi guys !
If you want insanely great lipos check out RCJUICE and their HobbyStar lipos. The owner John has been in the RC industry for over 25 years, thus he knows the lipo industry. Their packs are great and the prices are amazingly affordable. He just had a sale on 6000mah 2s HV packs for $28. Myself and some other friends have put Hobby Star lipos to the test the past 18 months and they have passed with flying colors. Tons of punch, Mah ratings are true, actually they hold more than advertised. I use to spend big coin on the big name lipos and was a lipo snob for a long while, however I learned that one can get better than excellent lipos for a great price. They don't have the big name branding, advratising etc but that is one huge reason the prices can be contained.
Brun_s likes this.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This past weekend got to try out the Pro Caps and Emulsion shock on the SRX8e and the car was super good and planted. I was amazed at how much the car felt even better, like it woke the car up.

The track was hard pack, with some rough spots and rain ruts, loamy early in practice and then started to get a clean race line. The car just handled it perfect and had great runs all day and some fun battles with drivers, just too bad had an ESC issue took me out of the mains.
Tony Rivas likes this.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New Owner

Hey guys, I just finished building my new SRX8-E about 2 weeks ago and have about 6 packs through it. I have to say that this is by far the best E-Buggy I have ever driven. I have owned just about all of them, and the SRX8-E is the easiest to drive. It recovers from jumps so well and its extremely predictable. I think they did a great job on the engineering and all the parts seem very high quality. I will try to get some pictures posted up, but I just paint all of my bodies white...lol. If anyone is considering one, I would go for it.

Mark
Tony Rivas likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.