Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree100Likes

Serpent SRX8-E

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

I managed to bend a front cvd shaft, I may have bent it from hitting the swaybar pivotball and can't find any listed anywhere and it should be the same as the nitro car but can't find it from Desoto. maybe i'm calling it the wrong thing, I didn't get a manual in my kit.... I guess your suppose to print that out youself
Old 06-05-2017, 12:04 AM
dtr
Tech Master

600102?
You can view the manual and check the parts at the main serpent site. Spares are here.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2dialed
I managed to bend a front cvd shaft, I may have bent it from hitting the swaybar pivotball and can't find any listed anywhere and it should be the same as the nitro car but can't find it from Desoto. maybe i'm calling it the wrong thing, I didn't get a manual in my kit.... I guess your suppose to print that out youself
The manual is the little flash drive that came with the stickers. 600102 is the number. You can bend it back if you are in a jam.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chicky03
The manual is the little flash drive that came with the stickers. 600102 is the number. You can bend it back if you are in a jam.
I just finished my kit today. Went and opened the stickers and saw this black thing, not knowing what it was. I opened it and I realised what it was. I had to laugh, I found the manual AFTER I finished. All was okay, I just used the manual on the website.

I had a lot of difficulty with the little clips in the shocks (easy once I got the first one) and the dust boots (which I didn't put on).

I was also missing two screws in the kit.

Now to tune it when I have time.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

when u go by part# it comes up as 811 axles and I was looking for srx8 axles. they look sold out everywhere
Old 06-05-2017, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

when u go by part# it comes up as 811 axles and I was looking for srx8 axles. they look sold out everywhere
They are 811 and srx. Have you tried amain, absolute hobbyz, and Ashford hobby?

We should have more in a few days at desoto as well.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If you're stuck, I think I have a set or 2 in package. Ill look when I get home. Could get them out tonight if you need them by this weekend. PM me.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

mine came in at 3630 grams with a 470 gram battery, xrx8 sct and tekin 1900. is it possible to lose 200 grams? any body running 2 shorties and making 10 min. I run over at the silver dollar raceway in chico and i'm the only one with a serpent but there having the 1/8th electric nationals in july and was wondering if there was gonna be any serpent drivers coming
Old 06-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

mine came in at 3630 grams with a 470 gram battery, xrx8 sct and tekin 1900. is it possible to lose 200 grams? any body running 2 shorties and making 10 min. I run over at the silver dollar raceway in chico and i'm the only one with a serpent but there having the 1/8th electric nationals in july and was wondering if there was gonna be any serpent drivers coming
We will have a bunch of guys at the race!!

You should be able to make 10 minutes with those protek graphine shorties that are 5500 mah charged at 8.4v. A long time ago I ran the old ebuggy saddle layout with the T8i motor and shorties and it was very good unless the track got super rough. Most of the ebuggies out there are between 3500 and 3700 grams so you are in the ball park.

You can get some Lunford ti screws, that shaves 30-40 grams, There is a LW chassis coming that I think its about 60 grams lighter and the serpent rims are the lightest rim on the market im pretty sure.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

I run the Nitro SRX8-E. I had this happen on some super big jumps. It was fixed by running the graphite arms inserts in the front arms only. Not needed in rear. After that I have never had an issue of any bends.

I few very other minor items if it's like the Nitro.

- Set Screw on the diff case can leak just a tiny. I used some ATV gasket stuff on the set screw to stop this

- Center diff for some reason for me was leaking a tiny from the screws on the gear side (never front or rear diff though). I happened to have some of the old Serpent countersunk plastic parts (600126) and used this with countersunk screws to get more of a flat screw and the plastic countersunk did a good seal. No more problems. Maybe an aluminum counter sunk washer combo would work also.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:48 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Can't wait to get started building my new car this weekend. Saturday looks like the weather is going to crappy out so perfect time to spend building. Talked to a few team guys I know and everyone says this car is excellent. Good to know as I'm not normally a 1/8th driver so a little help in the car department will be nice.

Last edited by Tony Rivas; 06-14-2017 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Language
Old 06-25-2017, 12:29 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Can hardly wait to get my car, just need some words of advice
- how do the the TiNi shock shafts feel compared to the stocks? How long does the coating last?
- what size nut drivers do I need for the shock piston nuts and shock mount nuts?
- any recommended spares beyond arms and inside hingepins?
Old 07-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Are there any plans to release a composite spur gear for this car? It really is the only thing I would like for this car. Everything else is spot on.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by DJG24
Are there any plans to release a composite spur gear for this car? It really is the only thing I would like for this car. Everything else is spot on.
I agree.. I never had a single issue with my composite spur on my 811.

On another note , the lipo straps supplied are puzzling to say the least. I swapped mine out for some "other " manufacturer parts. Much happier dude now.

For those who haven't built, or thinking of purchasing one of these bad boys, do it. As a reminder, no wheels supplied , also you may need some servo extensions to reach the receiver box in standard config(brick) layout. I don't have a LHS, so I had to mail order what I needed. .

The buggy is awesome , and with time and slight experience will it only get better..
Old 08-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Built my SRX8e last week Wednesday and got to run my it this past weekend and WOW, very impressed with the car and how well it handles everything. Only had to make 2 small adjustments to get the car on pace. Very fun car to drive, it jumps and lands so smooth. Very easy to work on, I love that it's literally 4 screws and back half of diff case comes off and the rear diff is out in like 2mins without having to remove the hole bulkhead.

Looking forward to getting more drive time on the car and getting faster with it.
TommyBlazin likes this.

Last edited by snwchris; 08-07-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.