Search
Like Tree100Likes

Serpent SRX8-E

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
You see things the way you want. Tekno used to make electric conversions for all brands. That does not mean they copied anyone. The car does not handle like any other. Not like hb that claims their cars handle like kyosho. They use kyosho parts too. Teknos like to fly further on jumps, only car with truggy shocks that extend far on the arms. Don't use droop screws and you get monster truck ground clearance. Landing is great too.

Tlr is and has always been original also. The most unique car brand. They follow no one for sure. For me I don't like the steering feel, but it's a very capable car that many like.

The Japanese brands have been doing this for the longest time. Every unoriginal brand would base their cars off of them. Calm stable steering and nothing matches them on bumpy tracks.

All four are original. They have their own driving feel and made their own design. A lot of effort, creativity, trial and error which is costly, time consuming and hard to develop things the honest way. Something I appreciate. The moment any of them start doing things the weasely way I'd hammer tekno or whoever just as hard.
The tekno front knuckle/castor block design is the same as a losi so now is tekno some one who copies? The tekno 48.3 suspension arm length is the same as our old 811BE and Nitro, maybe be they copied a serpent? The tekno layout is a copy of the hyper 9E and may other rc cars before hand, then othesr followed suit. The new tekno 48.4 had the rear end of the losi as well. The Mugen rear end is a copy of the losi, The HB is a copy of a kyosho 777, The only thing you could maybe say original about the tekno 48.4 is the fact that the shocks mount very far outside of the arms. All the brands copy to some extent, no car is magical, its about the driver and the setup. You say the tekno jumps so awesome, did you know that most off road tracks have bumps and turns as well, Do all the cars do all the things the best at all tracks, I dont think so.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

anyway what serpent did isn't terrible like what ae did, so I don't want to bash serpent any further. Most of their cars have been unique in their own way. Plus they make quality parts.
Thanks! As you can see my point above it all means nothing, just buy the car you like and have fun! :-)
Old 05-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Chicky Do you have a list of recommended spares and hop-ups you could share with us?
Old 05-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sstoffer
Chicky Do you have a list of recommended spares and hop-ups you could share with us?
Here are the specific Ebuggy parts, then the other parts are from the SRX8 nitro buggy

SER600929 Side guard set L+R SRX8E
SER600930 Motormount set SRX8E
SER600931 Motor slider SRX8E
SER600932 Battery mount set saddle layout SRX8E
SER600933 Battery mount set block layout SRX8E
SER600934 Spur gear 44T SRX8
SER600935 Chassis brace / gear cover block layout (2) SRX8E
SER600936 Gear coupler (2) SRX8E
SER600937 Gear cover saddle layout SRX8E
SER600938 Chassis brace saddle layout SRX8E
SER600939 Radiobox / servo mount SRX8E
SER600940 Steering lever + link (4) SRX8E
SER600941 Servo saver set nylon (3) SRX8E
SER600942 Body SRX8E
SER600943 Body mount set FR + RR SRX8E
SER600944 Chassis alu hard coated SRX8E
SER600945 Driveshaft center rr block layout SRX8E
SER600947 Driveshaft center rr saddle layout SRX8E
SER600948 Driveshaft center Fr saddle layout SRX8E
SER600949 Chassis alu light hard coated SRX8E
SER600950 Battery foam set (9) SRX8E
SER600951 Battery mount plate carbon set SRX8E
SER600952 Servo lever alu 23T SRX8E
SER600953 Servo lever alu 24T SRX8E
SER600954 Servo lever alu 25T SRX8E
SER600955 Driveshaft center rr alu block layout SRX8E
SER600956 Driveshaft center fr alu block layout SRX8E
SER600957 Driveshaft center rr alu saddle layout SRX8E
SER600958 Driveshaft center fr alu saddle layout SRX8E
SER600959 Saddle pack layout set SRX8E
SER600960 Batterystrap touch SRX8 (3)

We haven't broken anything yet so I don't know exactly what someone would need except the normal, arms and hinge pins. I think it would be good to carry a spare rear chassis brace, center front alu drive shaft, alu servo lever for sure, body mount set, and the servo saver set.

Here is the setup we have been running at our home track, To get to this setup you'd need the front springs 600858, rear springs 600861, 2.5 front swaybar 600241, carbon top arm stiffeners 600888 and 19 deg castor blocks 600891. Everything else is stock with the exception of the rear pistons drilled out to 1.4. There are also guys running it completely stock and drilling the rear pistons at other tracks so its really track dependent and your driving style for what you want to do.

A local HB driver drove the car last week and was disturbed by how good the car was compared to his, especially since he thought his was dialed
Attached Thumbnails Serpent SRX8-E-srx8e_chicky-std-4-25-2017_001.jpg  
TommyBlazin likes this.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm not sure why some people are hating on a car that isn't even out to the general public. My self I am new to serpent cars but not 1/8 scale and from what I have seen most Buggys share something with brand X,Y,Z in some way if you do not like serpent or haven't even drove the buggy you really don't have much to say about it
Old 05-07-2017, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

anyone got srx8e kit yet ??
Old 05-09-2017, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would reeeaaaaally like to drive this car. I just got the EB48.4 and I'm tweaking the setup to get it to drive the way I want but the last buggy I had was the Cobra 2.1 about 2 yrs ago and it just did what I wanted it to. Don't get me wrong, the Tekno is a great kit, but the Serpent looks awesome.

Paul, are you going to be racing anywhere near the Pittsburgh area anytime soon?
Old 05-09-2017, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by louie8269
I would reeeaaaaally like to drive this car. I just got the EB48.4 and I'm tweaking the setup to get it to drive the way I want but the last buggy I had was the Cobra 2.1 about 2 yrs ago and it just did what I wanted it to. Don't get me wrong, the Tekno is a great kit, but the Serpent looks awesome.

Paul, are you going to be racing anywhere near the Pittsburgh area anytime soon?
I'll be at Medina in ohio for the serpent race on friday and saturday this week and then at LCRC in PA next weekend. I'll let you drive it if you come. Hope you can make the serpent race, Its about 2 hrs from Pittsburgh.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chicky03
I'll be at Medina in ohio for the serpent race on friday and saturday this week and then at LCRC in PA next weekend. I'll let you drive it if you come. Hope you can make the serpent race, Its about 2 hrs from Pittsburgh.
I'm not able to race this week unfortunately and LCRC will be a stretch for me the following week but hopefully I'll see you or another Serpent driver out sometime soon. Can't wait to see it in action.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (92%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
Will anyone be there selling the kit. If so I'll come to the medina race
Old 05-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rcforlife13
Will anyone be there selling the kit. If so I'll come to the medina race
PM replied to
Old 05-09-2017, 08:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Paul have you got your shipment in yet still not showing up on the web page

Last edited by Rickhow291; 05-09-2017 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:49 AM
Tech Regular

If you're not happy with your tekno there are many guys new to rc, unsure about assembling, who'd buy it for at least $400. Do that and you'd be able to get serpent or other good models like mugen or the underrated sworkz for less than $200 difference after selling your old junk.

If that's how you felt, don't know why you bought it anyway after a month with the truggy version. Not much difference between them.

Last edited by latentspeed; 05-11-2017 at 04:11 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

If you're not happy with your tekno there are many guys new to rc, unsure about assembling, who'd buy it for at least $400. Do that and you'd be able to get serpent or other good models like mugen or the underrated sworkz for less than $200 difference after selling your old junk.

If that's how you felt, don't know why you bought it anyway after a month with the truggy version. Not much difference between them.
lol....

Tekno is not junk at all. Everyone has different driving styles and like different aspects of different manufacturer's kits. I just got back into racing and the only kit I had built previously was the SCT410.3 which I really liked. I got my Serpent buggy used.

When I decided to race again I decided to buy new kits and, at the time, the new serpent hadn't been released. I also wanted to have the same brand buggy and truggy. With no mention of the Serpent truggy being updated I chose Tekno.

Also, there is actually a big difference between the Tekno buggy and truggy. (handeling-wise) I love the truggy. Does exactly what I want it to do. The buggy is a work in progress and, realistically, I just need to tinker with the setup to get it right.

So basically I just want to see what the Serpent has to offer and see it in person and see if it is worth a switch or if it's just a 'grass is greener' situation.

I hope this longer rational satisfies you. Being that I never mentioned my truggy in this thread, and you even know the timeline of my purchases, my curiosity must bother you enough to dig into my other posts and such.
TommyBlazin likes this.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

lol....

Tekno is not junk at all. Everyone has different driving styles and like different aspects of different manufacturer's kits. I just got back into racing and the only kit I had built previously was the SCT410.3 which I really liked. I got my Serpent buggy used.

When I decided to race again I decided to buy new kits and, at the time, the new serpent hadn't been released. I also wanted to have the same brand buggy and truggy. With no mention of the Serpent truggy being updated I chose Tekno.

Also, there is actually a big difference between the Tekno buggy and truggy. (handeling-wise) I love the truggy. Does exactly what I want it to do. The buggy is a work in progress and, realistically, I just need to tinker with the setup to get it right.

So basically I just want to see what the Serpent has to offer and see it in person and see if it is worth a switch or if it's just a 'grass is greener' situation.

I hope this longer rational satisfies you. Being that I never mentioned my truggy in this thread, and you even know the timeline of my purchases, my curiosity must bother you enough to dig into my other posts and such.
I'm all over the other thread, champ. Of course I see you there. Don't flatter yourself. If you get puffed up because I took a few seconds to see your page, then I must be amazing to get many viewing mine. Truggy does what you like but the buggy does not? Sure why not. Just sell the darn thing for a lot while you can, and go back to what works for you. I'm not stuck on any brand. I just don't like weaselly low ways of making new cars by taking credit off of someone else's hard work, time and money. Nothing more. So now the car can be driven the way you like with a few tweaks? I thought the old serpent model could do exactly what you wanted, and your current one as you said you were working on setup, "but the old serpent did what I wanted." Interesting. If you do sell it there are several other models that can be tweaked to your liking also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.