R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-30-2005, 01:34 PM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52
Default WOW

hi all,
just discovered this thread, and really happy I did.
I have just finished the build on my original XX4WE that I had lying unfinshed for a while. I also found some original Hop Ups that I included while building it, Titanium main shaft, out drive savers, alloy wing mount etc. Oh and also as a bit a Toy Car groupie I had Todd Hodge sign the rear wing at a recent meeting. geeky I know, but looks awesome, and got the body custom painted by a friend back in Scotland.

I am still not too sure how the support for for this car will be, so I also picked up a ZX-5 ! as you do...

Can't wait to get running again, I only wish North American racers would at least try the European style indoor racing, as it easily gets people racing in the Winter and is an absolute blast !!
Old 12-30-2005, 08:08 PM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD

Hey, I have a question about the Kyosho Lazer ZX-5. Is there any hop-ups available already for that buggy? I noticed that the ZX-5 wasn't formally released into the market. I live here in Asia, but I only see ZX-5 kits for sale. I can't see any hop-ups for it. As I've seen, the Lazer is pretty good and I'm planning to buy one sometime later. . And all I'm worrying now is aftermarket parts and hop-ups.
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:47 PM   #93
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzD
Hey, I have a question about the Kyosho Lazer ZX-5. Is there any hop-ups available already for that buggy? I noticed that the ZX-5 wasn't formally released into the market. I live here in Asia, but I only see ZX-5 kits for sale. I can't see any hop-ups for it. As I've seen, the Lazer is pretty good and I'm planning to buy one sometime later. . And all I'm worrying now is aftermarket parts and hop-ups.
Check out this thread here if you haven't already...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...34#post2033834

The ZX-5 has been released in the USA not sure about other places though. I have not had any trouble getting parts for it so far. Look at www.evolutionhobbies.com or www.speedtech.com

It really doesn't need any hop-ups, but Kyosho does have a few things out for it and a few key aluminum parts are starting to show up here and there.
RodneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:46 AM   #94
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've noticed a few of you are in the Ohio area and figured I'd mention that we're starting to have a nice 4wd class come around. We are just finishing a track redesign and will be back open for racing on Sat. Jan 7th. Our usual 4wd class has been one heat of six. We've got four more confirmed 4wd's from over the holidays and are looking for a nicely competitive class and would love to have anyone interested stop down and run.

If you need any specific information the forum for the track is in my sig. You can also PM me directly and I'll help as best I can.

Enjoy

Ryan Stephens
eri3f0g
DX3R w/ SR3100's & Gens Ace Batteries
Now, to be able to drive, priceless
eri3f0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:20 AM   #95
Tech Regular

Hey Ryan, Most of us you see in here from Ohio are running at CRCRC in Columbus, Hilliard Ohio. Alot of us, including me who tried for the initial push, Have grown 4wd to where there are enough local racers to fill two full heats if everyone shows up! That is increadible since only a month ago there were only TWO local racers that even had a car! IF ya want to run it in a big race i suggest you check out www.crcrc.com. There will be big names running at the mid-west electric race where entries are still available. Hopefully some of us will get a chance to race at your track as well. Our club has just done a track change as well! Tommorow is electric's first shot at the new track!
brianhackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:35 AM   #96
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhackett
Hey Ryan, Most of us you see in here from Ohio are running at CRCRC in Columbus, Hilliard Ohio. Alot of us, including me who tried for the initial push, Have grown 4wd to where there are enough local racers to fill two full heats if everyone shows up! That is increadible since only a month ago there were only TWO local racers that even had a car! IF ya want to run it in a big race i suggest you check out www.crcrc.com. There will be big names running at the mid-west electric race where entries are still available. Hopefully some of us will get a chance to race at your track as well. Our club has just done a track change as well! Tommorow is electric's first shot at the new track!
Hey Brian we will be making a trip up to CRCRC for the Mid West race. There are alot of people freaking out over the race being held in the other building. I guess you could say we are too. Can you shed some light on tire choices for the different track. I think his name is Ken Star? is on the board. He is saying the dirt will not be any different than last year. Brian, have you run in this building? If you did what tires did you use on 2wheel drive and on truck. We have'nt had enough practice time with our BJ4 to run it in Jan., actually zero prac. time. Thanks Brian, look forward to making the trip up to Columbus. I am sure it will be anawsome time.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:01 AM   #97
Tech Elite

Very few people now around R/C have run before in this building. Fortunately, the CRCRC guys who are doing the track seem to have some experience with the dirt. I've talked to Brian and Curt, and I'm good with their plans.

The dirt will be what's already in the building, plus some additional dirt brought in by the Fairground that's identical to what's already there. This dirt is similar to what CRCRC has used for many years, but not identical.

There are two issues. One is controllable, the other is not. First: How will the track compact? Will the surface be loose or solid? They will roll and water and expect a solid, high-traction surface. Brian and Curt will do everything they can to generate an high-traction racing surface.

Second: Will pink Tapers be the right tire? Nobody knows for sure. Since the dirt is a type of mid-western top soil,if the track compacts, pink Tapers should be the tire. That's what they expect, and what I'm planning for.

We'll be there with pink Tapers and pink 02s. Just to be sure, we'll also have some M-3 Holeshots and some red 02s. And we're not Dremelling anything until we get there.

The biggest race in off-road R/C is getting better!
YoungChazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:36 AM   #98
Tech Regular

Very few people have ran in the building it is being held at this year. THe last race ran here was The Truck nationals (Losi's hydra drive was still a prototype under black cases) I'm placing money one pink tapers. I'm gusing one set with min. pin for a high traction setup, then a brand new set for dusty conditions. This complex is great for racing and everyone should have a blast!
Old 12-31-2005, 09:40 AM   #99
Tech Regular

I understand the practice time thing. I just got a xx-4 we, but haven't even got to run it. I really only have to days of racing to shake it down. So, I'm hoping the track holds up so the xxx4 is still the better option.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:31 PM   #100
Tech Regular

Thanks alot for all the replies. Hey Chazz. My dad Tim says when he gets to work (Dana) on Tuesday he is gonna attach the IPod recording of you, Rob S. and your son Paul going back to the Hotel in the rental car in an email and send it to your wife. We think the squealing tires in the background were really hilarious and we think she would to. See everyone at the races, just joking Chazz, Dad would'nt do that.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:53 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Your Dad can do that if he likes, but she's already heard (and been scared to death by) it. So long as the rental car company executives down get hold of it! LOL

And everybody needs to know, that was Greg "The Maniac" Hodapp behind the wheel.
YoungChazz is offline   Reply With Quote