Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
1/8 scale e buggies. WHICH ONE?! >

1/8 scale e buggies. WHICH ONE?!

1/8 scale e buggies. WHICH ONE?!

Old 03-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slashn77 View Post
I heard that the Tekno and the new AE B3e are pretty copy cat similar. Is there any differences that actually make a significant deal with either performance-durability-easy to work on etc.?
The Tekno and the Associated are pretty far apart. However, you might be thinking of the Associated and the Mugen. They are pretty similar. I run the mugen and the pillow balls have not been a problem so far, besides the fact that I forgot lock-tite them. If you are looking for a buggy entirely free of pillow balls, the Tekno would not be a bad choice. Same goes for the new Losi 4.0. Keep in mind parts availability as well if you end up breaking one of them. If the majority run TLR, then i'm sure someone would have the part you need if you don't.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cam193 View Post
The Tekno and the Associated are pretty far apart. However, you might be thinking of the Associated and the Mugen. They are pretty similar. I run the mugen and the pillow balls have not been a problem so far, besides the fact that I forgot lock-tite them. If you are looking for a buggy entirely free of pillow balls, the Tekno would not be a bad choice. Same goes for the new Losi 4.0. Keep in mind parts availability as well if you end up breaking one of them. If the majority run TLR, then i'm sure someone would have the part you need if you don't.
Yes Associated and Mugen was what I was thinking of. I love the Tekno and my LHS sells plenty of parts for it but it seems like every1 runs losi 3.0 and now every other day I go to the track and see more and more with their 4.0's pushing their car really hard that my 8.2e that has been out like 5-6 years just can't compete with the latest stuff from all the major brands
Old 03-22-2016, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Ok I decided to get the TLR 3.0e roller for a decent price that will be be next week.
I have Tekin gen2 RX8 and a 2000kv 9t motor with a Savox 1256tg to put in the new 3.0 losi roller from my AE 8.2e.

I'm wondering if by doing all the work from Taking all my electronics from the 8.2e to put in the losi 3.0 roller is a big enough upgrade where it will be worth it both the time it takes and racing track performance..

Input opinions please will be helpful because the 8.2e was my first 1/8 scale buggy so this 3.0 will only be my 2nd
Old 03-22-2016, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slashn77 View Post
Ok I decided to get the TLR 3.0e roller for a decent price that will be be next week.
I have Tekin gen2 RX8 and a 2000kv 9t motor with a Savox 1256tg to put in the new 3.0 losi roller from my AE 8.2e.

I'm wondering if by doing all the work from Taking all my electronics from the 8.2e to put in the losi 3.0 roller is a big enough upgrade where it will be worth it both the time it takes and racing track performance..

Input opinions please will be helpful because the 8.2e was my first 1/8 scale buggy so this 3.0 will only be my 2nd
not sure about ur question here. but u def have a competitive ecs motor combo there u don't need to upgrade it.
is it worth to throw it in ur new buggy? sure it is... i run the RX8 gen1 with T8 motor ( red ) and i can say i am not the slowest on the track.

and it is not that much work... u just get to know ur buggy better :-) maybe get some infos from the guys at ur track what a good Pinion gear is for the 3.0 and go for it.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by swop77 View Post
not sure about ur question here. but u def have a competitive ecs motor combo there u don't need to upgrade it.
is it worth to throw it in ur new buggy? sure it is... i run the RX8 gen1 with T8 motor ( red ) and i can say i am not the slowest on the track.

and it is not that much work... u just get to know ur buggy better :-) maybe get some infos from the guys at ur track what a good Pinion gear is for the 3.0 and go for it.
Yeah that's what I'll do thanks for the advice. I knew my electronics were competive but the 8.2 wasn't a very successful racing buggy and now that losi and AE both have recently released what looks to be very nice kits. I understand it's 95% driver anyway but for the price I got for it I figured why not. It had a lot more success at my club races not just pros since they can drive anything