R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-26-2006, 04:37 AM   #106
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah looks like there needs to be alot of testing to be done with them after what i saw today. sitting on the bench they looked very fast though it was interesting to read that the only setup sheet that yokomo included was one from masami, and it has a one way front diff, but yokomo include a front diff

my inital thoughts from a rutted track was that they maybe more suited to a smooth track. but that is super early thoughts

Ryper Hobbies l AKA | AE
tony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:54 AM   #107
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nsr250repsol

Here is mine. There was some confusion so I didn't get mine till today (Sunday 26 March). I haven't even started the build as I had other plans for the day. I will start the build very soon.

Jelly, any building tips?

The brice difference your seening is due to mail order price and favorable yen rate right now. The tottal for my BX with shipping and Cerdit card charge was just over 60,000 Yen and my card was charged $508. Maybe people is the states can get colse to the same deal since Yokomo ISA is haveing a 30% off special. I just don't know if it will apply to the BX kit.
Cheers!
Josh
Attached Thumbnails
Yokomo 4WD Prototype Photos and Specs-mr4bx-01.jpg   Yokomo 4WD Prototype Photos and Specs-mr4bx-02.jpg  
Old 03-26-2006, 04:05 PM   #108
Tech Master

the car went together pretty well. watch with the thrust bearing. the spring goes on different sides for the front and back diff and its not immediately clear from the manual. probably would have helped if i could read japanese.

tony2 the setting on the setup sheet refers to the adjustable one-way ie loose is a full one-way effect or locked is a front diff effect.
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #109
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Everyone use to winge that there wasn't any competition in the 4WD buggies, now there is going to be more kits for the 4WD Buggies than the 2WD buggies and trucks

Cheers
Drift_Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:29 PM   #110
Tech Fanatic

Something I've always wondered about this kit and was hoping that either jelly or nsr250 tell me...

Do the ball studs in the kit have a AE and Losi style ball stud with the hex at the base of the ball, or are they like many of the japanese kits or the titanium losi studs and TC4 studs, with a hex cut into the top of the ball allowing for a 2mm hex driver (or similar size) to install and remove the ball stud?

(I ask because it would appear from jelly's pics that the hex is at the base, but the shots from yokomousa show holes in ball cups, indicating that the hex might be in the top of the ball AND at the base.)

thanks guys! Can't wait to join you as BX owner!
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #111
Tech Regular

ordered on tuesday. got it to NY by friday, built and hit the track. The car felt awsome with stock setup. Will need to get more damping for LIR. Overall it's definity a competitive card..... you can remove the hex adaptor, use losi 4wd front rim, and losi or AE rear rim will do. I ran it again on sunday, with correct gearing and it's very good. Can't wait for spare parts, and tuning options to be avilable, I can only pray not a break for next trophy race.

It's a beauty, and it runs as good as it looks..... BTW my kits didn't come with window mask for the body, must've forgot about it.... the manual was printed on 3/10/06.

To those who got the kit... the default setup sheet on the back of the manual say its running one way diff. but I don't think the kit come with it.... it only came with on way pully. can anyone verify this?
Jasonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #112
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmen34
Something I've always wondered about this kit and was hoping that either jelly or nsr250 tell me...

Do the ball studs in the kit have a AE and Losi style ball stud with the hex at the base of the ball, or are they like many of the japanese kits or the titanium losi studs and TC4 studs, with a hex cut into the top of the ball allowing for a 2mm hex driver (or similar size) to install and remove the ball stud?

(I ask because it would appear from jelly's pics that the hex is at the base, but the shots from yokomousa show holes in ball cups, indicating that the hex might be in the top of the ball AND at the base.)

thanks guys! Can't wait to join you as BX owner!
ball cups have a hole in the top.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:32 PM   #113
Tech Fanatic

Well, I ordered my BX directly from yokomousa on Thursday morning. Just for an FYI for everybody, the special internet discount does apply to the BX. Hopefully I'll have it by the middle of next week.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #114
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly
tony2 the setting on the setup sheet refers to the adjustable one-way ie loose is a full one-way effect or locked is a front diff effect.

Nah mate it doesnt, it refers to a one way diff, which as you noticed does not come in the kit. people run one way diffs in bj4 and xxx4 and they dont come with them either.

Btw I wouldn't really call masamis setup the default setup, the setup you acheive by building the car using the instructions seems to be the default setup.

I spent a while with a camera and adobe illustrator to make the exact masks, including window border masks, for the shell, plotter cut.. bit pointless for one review car but im sure I can sort someone out if they are desperate enough to have perfect windows.
oople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #115
Tech Master

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by oople
Nah mate it doesnt, it refers to a one way diff, which as you noticed does not come in the kit. people run one way diffs in bj4 and xxx4 and they dont come with them either.

Btw I wouldn't really call masamis setup the default setup, the setup you acheive by building the car using the instructions seems to be the default setup.

I spent a while with a camera and adobe illustrator to make the exact masks, including window border masks, for the shell, plotter cut.. bit pointless for one review car but im sure I can sort someone out if they are desperate enough to have perfect windows.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:23 PM   #116
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

So oople, when do you expect to have your review of the car done?
(Really like your site by the way!)
Old 04-02-2006, 08:07 AM   #117
Tech Master

Hey Cartman,

maybe you should do a review.. you have heaps of 4wd to compare it with.. I would love to know your thoughts being a fellow ZX5 racer.
Ryper Hobbies
memyselfandI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:47 AM   #118
Tech Rookie

Default Dimensions for MR4BX

Does anybody know the wheelbase + width (front and back) of the Yokomo MR4 BX?

Has anyone raced it on polished floor yet?
mc_clean_david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:31 AM   #119
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmen34
So oople, when do you expect to have your review of the car done?
(Really like your site by the way!)
Cheers
The car will be done and raced for next weekend, kidderminster national in the UK, Ill be racing the kyosho to get to grips with the track, then the yokomo.. Dont want to head out with a £400 car without knowing the track! I'll get the review posted up along with the X-5 review as soon as I can after next weekend.

I actually have the car on my desk at work, half built, I have to say im impressed by the quality of the build. It's really nice. I'll see what tips etc I can pick up from the team drivers to include in the review also.

jimmy
oople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:38 AM   #120
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Cheers
The car will be done and raced for next weekend, kidderminster national in the UK, Ill be racing the kyosho to get to grips with the track, then the yokomo.. Dont want to head out with a £400 car without knowing the track! I'll get the review posted up as soon as I can after next weekend.

I actually have the car on my desk at work, half built, I have to say im impressed by the quality of the build. It's really nice. I'll see what tips etc I can pick up from the team drivers to include in the review also.

jimmy
Waiting for your review jimmy...your reviews and website rocks...

I'm neither a Mod nor a Rocker. I'm a Mocker.

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon CR2 LWB | Darth Tray | Losi 8IGHT 2.0-E | Tamiya TRF801X-E
Funkymojo is offline   Reply With Quote