Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-13-2006, 10:35 PM   #211
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nsr250repsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongbenghui
Hi,

JUst curious, do you have problem with dirt in the drive train. ?

MR4-BC and MX-4 that I owe seems to have this problem,
especially, into the diff.
If you run on a dusty or loose track you shouldn't run the cover on the read bulkhead. I havn't had any problems when I have ran mine this way.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:59 AM   #212
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Scott, LOL, yours are under way!

These are for a customer attending a major event in Australia and he needs them in two weeks......

Sounds familiar, hahahaha

...Jim
W.E.D.

All too familiar....

Team Associated, Reedy, LRP, Proline, Winning Edge Designs, Byrons Fuel, AVID Bearings, TFR Racing. ***Team Associated Region 10 Administrator***
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:30 PM   #213
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

if anyone is looking for one of these cars. my lhs has one left in stock. 489.99 plus tax and they will ship.. pm me and i can give # to the thier store
vic0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:55 PM   #214
Team Tekin

Looking forward to getting one of these but really need spared when I start attending larger races for sure. Can you get them out of Japan yet at least? Horizon shows us dealers NYA yet so...

Good to know that Losi wheels will fit, so no worries there. What are you guys breaking/wearing out and what would you change on the car or make if you had the means to do so????
Randy Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:45 PM   #215
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tradhunt Send a message via Yahoo to tradhunt Send a message via Skype™ to tradhunt

Hey Randy,
I just sold mine....you can get everything right through Yokomo USA...
tradhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:54 PM   #216
Team Tekin

Thank, I know I can get it through Yokomo direct...I own a hobby shop so it's no big deal but the current lack of availabilty is what got me wondering.

Speaking of wondering....why did you sell?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:52 PM   #217
Tech Elite

might want to call yok usa, they just got a shipment in, for extras i have alot of just in case stuff, what i have had to change or fix, and this is after a year of doing just on road so i really sucked and had trouble getting the off road finger back and the jump timing down, i broke a front shock tower, cracked a rear shock tower, ( jumped into a pole) different hits. i since have doubled up both and no problems so far. i tried to go thru a sweeper full on power and traction rolled into the wall, and broke the front hinge pin support, and broke a hinge pin and front arm, but it was a big hit. after a few laps, check the set screws in the axle coupler, heck double check all the screws. the rear out drives are starting to show a little divit but thats after three, twice a week outtings. make sure to use a little locktite on the side screws on the rear diff, and make sure you have the little tabs inside the top plate, if not side play will develope.

for a little setup,,, i like my cars to have to much steering and then work on getting the rear to accept it. i tried the one way, the king pin ball studs, but got the most steering out of installing inner ball studs in those little holes in the top of the front bulkhead, you the ones that you looked at and said, "wonder what those are for" use care don't install them crossways. and you can't use the ball studs from the shock tower cause they are to long, using washers will work but i don't know what that does yet. on the rear i used stock mounting positions but installed 2 washers on the inside studs, (used the ones from the front shock tower) and (put the rear studs in front) and i installed one washer under the outter ball stud. still playing with springs and shock oil, like the feel of assoc silver with 30wt in the rear, and 35we with assoc blue in front, not sure its the best but it worked. anyway, loving the car and taking to stock off road nats. anyone else coming.
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 07:04 PM   #218
Tech Elite

nats next weekend, anyone coming...
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:09 AM   #219
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tradhunt Send a message via Yahoo to tradhunt Send a message via Skype™ to tradhunt

Hey Randy,
I sold it because I have enough 4wd buggies and only ran it a few time's...+ I'm a bit partial to shaft 4wd. I usually run my BJ4we and my Predator X10........ The Yok. is a awsome car though.... I'm gonna miss it...... You're in Folsom Ca. do you have a off-road track at you're shop..... I usually run a Cap. RC....
tradhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:08 PM   #220
Team Tekin

Yeah I'm in Folsom. We are working on the track and have been for some time but Folsom and our landlord can't agree on how to zone it or what to think about it quite frankly so right now it's on hold.

The 4 wheel class has been picking up a lot around here even beating out the truck class at our local tracks. Fine with me save for me not having a 4 wheeler right now! This is a car I'd love to have but man is the price hard to swallow...I heard there was someone running one the other day at Cap. I've also considered making my own with the ideas I have trapped in my nogin...we will see.