R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-10-2006, 01:51 AM   #181
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tradhunt Send a message via Yahoo to tradhunt Send a message via Skype™ to tradhunt

Hello All,
So hows everyone liking their MR-4BX so far......beem thinking of getting one anyone run into any problems with it yet......Just looking to add to my 4WD collection for racing....... I think it will be a nice addition but want to know what everyone thinks of it so far.....
tradhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

tradhunt - All I can say is Goodluck finding some decent Set-Up Info....
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:11 AM   #183
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradhunt
Hello All,
So hows everyone liking their MR-4BX so far......beem thinking of getting one anyone run into any problems with it yet......Just looking to add to my 4WD collection for racing....... I think it will be a nice addition but want to know what everyone thinks of it so far.....

http://www.rc10b4.com/forum/showthre...6&page=3&pp=15
Jasonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #184
Tech Rookie

It's a great car. I'm very satisfied with the standard setup. For large jumps a stronger spring in front and rear is recommended. The first race with the bx will follow on 27th may.

Marcus
marcheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #185
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nsr250repsol

Here are some pics of my BX. I just got a front one-may and Ti screw set for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Yokomo 4WD Prototype Photos and Specs-p1010116.jpg   Yokomo 4WD Prototype Photos and Specs-p1010117.jpg  
Old 06-09-2006, 01:52 AM   #186
Tech Elite

just spent a couple of hours putting one together, not finished yet, but i gotta say, one of, if not the best dang car i have every built, fit and finish is assume, will finish it up to tomorrow and go test, anyone know what setup i should use on my track, j/k. going to set it up kit, and make adjustments to fit MY driving style and track conditions.
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #187
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradunt
Hello All,
So hows everyone liking their MR-4BX so far......been thinking of getting one anyone run into any problems with it yet......Just looking to add to my 4WD collection for racing....... I think it will be a nice addition but want to know what everyone thinks of it so far.....
very balance & fast

maybe best 4w ever...
but...
the dogbone cvd knuckles hob out(wear) after just a few runs....
so get extra`s...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:54 AM   #188
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
very balance & fast

maybe best 4w ever...
but...
the dogbone cvd knuckles hob out(wear) after just a few runs....
so get extra`s...

That's the only complain I have as well. The dogbone lasts forever, but the outdrive (rear) don't last very long. makes you rebuild your rear diff frequent.

The buggy is super durable. I've been in a few crashes that BJ4, XXX4, Kyosho would definity break, but yokomo walks away in one piece.

Only if there is way to get a blade like touring car to work with yokomo, then it'll be a perfect 4wd. IMHO. Any ideas, or has anyone try it?
Old 06-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #189
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tradhunt Send a message via Yahoo to tradhunt Send a message via Skype™ to tradhunt

Well got one comming. Dose anyone have the part # for the rear outdrives. Can't wait to test it against my BJ4we and X10.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #190
Tech Adept

It's getting tough to choose a 4WD electric! This Yoko looks pretty sweet. I thought this video was neat.

http://www.teamyokomo.com/japan/news/bx_tsuruken.wmv
Lextek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:26 PM   #191
Tech Apprentice

well i just brought one and the build was fantastic, i now have 2 BD's and 1 Yok BX with an Ass B$ on the side, never raced off road but wanted to get into it and thought i would buy the best to begin with,

now that said what xtras do i need and where do i get them what tyres and rims work? do the losi rims work?

does anyone have any other setup sheets they want to share

will post a pic of the new car soon
judge10tpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:36 AM   #192
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by judge10tpt
well i just brought one and the build was fantastic, i now have 2 BD's and 1 Yok BX with an Ass B$ on the side, never raced off road but wanted to get into it and thought i would buy the best to begin with,

now that said what xtras do i need and where do i get them what tyres and rims work? do the losi rims work?

does anyone have any other setup sheets they want to share

will post a pic of the new car soon
The losi 4wd front and rear rims are a direct fit. You simply leave the hex off the rear axles. The front hex fits perfectly into a losi 4wd wheel. Both front and rear are legal width as well. (In case you were wondering)
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #193
Tech Fanatic

Got mine today..... hopefully I'll have it together by this weekend....see how it goes.....get a comparison between it the BJ4we and the Predator X10
Old 06-20-2006, 05:16 PM   #194
Tech Regular

Been running the MR4BX for almost 3 months now. The car is great and VERY durable. It's almost... almost impossible to brake it.

I only manage to brake an front arm, and rear shock tower so far. The reason I broke them is It tumbled from landing on the rear tower from a huge jump.... Compare to BJ4WE, which is also durable, but still can't touch MR4 in the department.

I personally would get a few sets of rear outdrives, couple Front bumpers, and double up on rear shock tower (It hasn't brake on me since I done it, about a month ago).

Great car, very happy with it.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:27 PM   #195
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradhunt
Got mine today..... hopefully I'll have it together by this weekend....see how it goes.....get a comparison between it the BJ4we and the Predator X10
Personally I think BJ4WE and BX are very close in term of performance, handling... etc.

Predator X10 is very good too, but you have to constantly working on it. Also, the front bullhead is too weak, it'll start to wobble after a few run,it wears prematurely.

Kyosho Lazer is very fast, at least the guy on our track driving it make it so. on average its .1 -.2 faster than MR4 and BJ4WE easy. unfortunally it also breaks very easily. Half of time the car don't make it to the end of the 5 min race.

Let me know how you compare them after you run it this weekend.