R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-11-2006, 02:07 PM   #136
Tech Addict

It does free up yes, but its never going to be as free as, say, my zx5, which spins and spins (and spins).
I put the front diff eccentrics to loosest setting whilst building the car, even then i think its plenty tight enough.

the clicking, I dont know if i could hear it or just feel it in the drive train, but its gone now after its been run in. for the final I set the centre one way to 50% stiffness (following bradbys setup sheet he did me). I do like the option to adjust the centre one way effect, its similar to the xx4 and pred x10 but more effective and adjustable.
oople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #137
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oople
It does free up yes, but its never going to be as free as, say, my zx5, which spins and spins (and spins).
Of course. That is the give and take of belt-vs-shaft. The belts will always have to be a little tighter to keep from skipping..... but that is another discussion.... and yes, I grin as well when I give my ZX-5 driveline a spin...

Quote:
I put the front diff eccentrics to loosest setting whilst building the car, even then i think its plenty tight enough.
Thanks for the tip on the front belt setting. Did you get any skipping while driving it like that?

Quote:
the clicking, I dont know if i could hear it or just feel it in the drive train, but its gone now after its been run in. for the final I set the centre one way to 50% stiffness (following bradbys setup sheet he did me). I do like the option to adjust the centre one way effect, its similar to the xx4 and pred x10 but more effective and adjustable.
thanks for the info one the one-way click. It's nice to know that mine isn't the only one doing it. Yes, it seems to be very easily adjustable, and that should translate to some nice balance adjustment with a simple turn of the wrench.

Can't wait to test this thing. thanks again oople!
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:04 AM   #138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi guys! Anybody tried using a Novak 6.5 on this? Any gearing suggestions with that motor?

Old 04-14-2006, 08:01 PM   #139
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Finally got it together and painted, tires are still on back order. The Affenpincher is sizing up it's dog fighting opponent.
Attached Thumbnails
Yokomo 4WD Prototype Photos and Specs-img_6744.jpg   Yokomo 4WD Prototype Photos and Specs-img_6745.jpg   Yokomo 4WD Prototype Photos and Specs-img_6746.jpg   Yokomo 4WD Prototype Photos and Specs-img_6747.jpg   Yokomo 4WD Prototype Photos and Specs-img_6748.jpg  

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:15 PM   #140
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

is this car available tp purchase now?
i know reading on the yokomo site that they was to be around 7 hundred...wow...thats really exspensive!
or is the price a false thing?

matt
Old 04-14-2006, 09:02 PM   #141
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris
is this car available tp purchase now?
i know reading on the yokomo site that they was to be around 7 hundred...wow...thats really exspensive!
or is the price a false thing?

matt
Yokomo has it on sale now for $532.00. Horizon is way off in left field at $630, I bought mine from a local dealer for $530.

Neil Armstrong 1968
Old 04-14-2006, 09:25 PM   #142
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammer
Yokomo has it on sale now for $532.00. Horizon is way off in left field at $630, I bought mine from a local dealer for $530.
$532 for a 1/10th scale buggy? It looks real nice but wow is that steep. I guess once you get done adding carbon fibre parts and other upgrades to a kyosho or xxx4 it comes out even in price. But wow thats hard to swallow for a kit.
zero74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:05 PM   #143
Tech Rookie

Default bucks

yeah, the kit may be highly priced, but if you take a close look at all the nice blue aluminum pieces and the woven carbon fiber chassis components, this kit is top quality, A1 stuff!

the only complaint i had is that my kit did NOT come with any stickers!!

but the on track performance was really good. what a machine.

thumbs up.
GENO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 04:10 AM   #144
Tech Addict

No kits come with stickers or paint mask from what ive seen, not unusual when I look at my dogfoghter and super dogfighter kits, neither came with stickers or paint masks either.
I made my own, bit of an arse spending hours making paint masks when i could be building it.
oople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:14 AM   #145
Tech Regular

You have to look at it this way, the XXX and the ZX5 are like buying a TC-3 with a tub chassis and mostly molded components, they are also comparatively priced. The MR4BX is like buying an RDX, the the components are similar with carbon fiber and lots of aluminum and so is the price. As the adage goes, you get what you pay for.

Neil Armstrong 1968
Old 04-16-2006, 01:10 PM   #146
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

i would pay the 530 or whatever..but unfortunately where i live i will be paying horizons price due to lack oh lhs.

thx for the info..

matt
Old 04-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #147
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to killer89

Quote:
i would pay the 530 or whatever..but unfortunately where i live i will be paying horizons price due to lack oh lhs.

thx for the info..

matt
get it straight from yokomo USA for $532

http://www.yokomousa.com/
killer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #148
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:

thx for the info..

matt
i just noticed.. hobbyshart/people doesnt carry anything worth visiting anymore. i used to be able to get yokomo, losi etc stuff.. no more.. poo.
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:20 PM   #149
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So how do you gear this animal with a Novak 6.5 brushless?

Old 04-19-2006, 02:19 AM   #150
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:

would you mind sharing Bradby's setup sheets?

i've had problems with losi rims binding on the rear when they are over tightened. anyone else notice this?

i had some clicking once which i though was the belt slipping but it hasn't happened again.

also i hear the one way diff isn't out yet although its in the parts list.
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote