R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   What do you think about this? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/92776-what-do-you-think-about.html)

Platinum_Racing 12-04-2005 07:47 PM

What do you think about this?

What do you guys think about my latest toy?

It's my new XXX-T MFE with a slew of hop ups.

I just got it all finished a couple days ago. All the specs and parts are on the page...the paint was the hardest part. Just looking for ideas. A while ago I was asking questions about who thought what was better...an FT T4 or a Matt Francis XXX-T. I made my decision, and am happy with it so far! :D I just can't wait to hit the track with it.

Well, let me know what you think!

www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/XXXT.html

jamescam 12-04-2005 08:27 PM

Cool! Where did you get Blue Stainless Steel Screws?

Platinum_Racing 12-04-2005 08:29 PM

Thanks! :)

It came with them. I'm betting somewhere on Ebay...the bummer is some screws are still the stock black oxide ones that came with the kit. Most are stainless though...enough to say the entire kit. :D

AE guy 12-04-2005 08:56 PM

Looks pretty good, Try to get some action pics too.

Platinum_Racing 12-04-2005 09:42 PM

No problem!

When I bought it it had nothing but a chassis, suspension, shocks, and wheel bearings. I had to buy and paint a body (Still waiting on XXX-NT stickers because I like the grill better..should arrive on Friday), build a motor, buy a radio, buy an ESC, buy rims, and buy tires. It came out pretty good in my opinion...and it should seeing as how there is over $30 in paint on that shell! :D

HalfEvilGrafix 12-05-2005 06:30 AM

I like how dark the red is. What did you use?

BONESTOCK 12-05-2005 10:02 PM

Pretty cool!! Looks like it's missing something. Oh yeah...a muffler. :p

Azonixmaestro 12-06-2005 06:55 AM

Looks sick, just needs some decals to complete the effect. I especially like what you've done with the paintwork. :nod:

Platinum_Racing 12-06-2005 03:13 PM

The red is Pactra Mettalic Red mixed with a bit of Pactra Purple Pearlescent and about 2 drops of Pactra Mettalic Silver. I like how it came out too.

I was hoping to get the LOSI FURY decals...from the old NT RTR's (And the RTR II...and the MF1's) but they don't make them anymore. That's why I had to buy the XXX-NT RTRII decal sheet for the taillights, headlights, and grill. Of course the Losi decals! :)

Platinum_Racing 12-06-2005 10:22 PM

That reminds me...does anyone have an extra set of LOSA8350 decals? Losi doesn't give you stickers, or overspray film when you get a clear body. Just a body, a wing, and window masks.

BONESTOCK 12-06-2005 10:50 PM

I only have some leftover stickers from my XXX-NT. But I used the grill and headlights stickers.

Losi boy 12-06-2005 11:45 PM

Thats Phat! I was wanting to do the same with my XXX-t and youve inspired me even more.

Platinum_Racing 12-12-2005 07:56 PM

My stickers didn't come in (Again! :flaming: ). I gave my LHS two tries to get it right, but I guess there is something about the part number LOSA8351 that they have trouble with! I should have gone to Pete's...at least he would call me when they came in if I asked him to! :nod:

I never knew I was going to inspire anyone, but thank you for the kind words! :blush: Post pics of your XXX-T when you're all done! :nod:

Team Duratrax 12-14-2005 07:09 PM

That's nice, but you really need some decals for it. Where did you get the Blue aluminium screws and shock collars?