Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
best 2wd buggy for racing? >

best 2wd buggy for racing?

best 2wd buggy for racing?

Old 03-07-2016, 05:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default best 2wd buggy for racing?

Hey guys what is the best 2wd buggy for clay tracks? I have been thinking a b5m, losi 22, or durango dex210v3? And any electronic recommendations will be helpful. Thanks
Old 03-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Are those your only choices for buggies? I can't express enough how nice the xray xb2 is. Also, the yokomo yz2 is very nice as well. The xb2 is the nicest rc i have ever bought

for the electronics, i really like the hobbywing 3.1 120a. i just got it, but so far it has been perfect for what i have
Old 03-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

yea i am open to other brand just there isnt much support on xray or yokomo in the us.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rekim View Post
Are those your only choices for buggies? I can't express enough how nice the xray xb2 is. Also, the yokomo yz2 is very nice as well. The xb2 is the nicest rc i have ever bought

for the electronics, i really like the hobbywing 3.1 120a. i just got it, but so far it has been perfect for what i have
yea i am open to other brand just there isnt much support on xray or yokomo in the us.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

The Sworks buggy looks pretty sweet!
Old 03-07-2016, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Value for money B5M CE but I don't think you can go wrong with either Associated or Losi in the States. Whichever you think looks better.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

if its a high traction clay you should also look at the Durango DEX210F. For what ive been reading is a really good car for high bite conditions.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

BTW... i owned a VBC Racing firebolt DM and was a really good car IMO. good luck
Old 03-07-2016, 07:55 PM
Suspended

Associated, Team C, 3 Racing, S-Workz, Hobby Pro, Kyosho, Losi, Tamiya, VBC, Schumacher, Serpent, Xray, XFactory, Durango, Hot Bodies, Yokomo and I'm sure there are a few I forgot all make 2wd buggies. There are too many different factors to call one buggy the best. That is a question with no definitive answer.

Which buggy has the best setup out of the box? Which buggy has the best setup data base? Which buggy has the best parts support? Which buggy has the best parts/build quality. Which buggy has the best aftermarket support? Which buggy has the best... You could go on forever.

If you can't narrow down what you want/need out of a car, then this thread is a giant waste of time and space. Just like any other thread that asks "What is the best XYZ?"
Old 03-07-2016, 08:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hasntaclue View Post
Associated, Team C, 3 Racing, S-Workz, Hobby Pro, Kyosho, Losi, Tamiya, VBC, Schumacher, Serpent, Xray, XFactory, Durango, Hot Bodies, Yokomo and I'm sure there are a few I forgot all make 2wd buggies. There are too many different factors to call one buggy the best. That is a question with no definitive answer.

Which buggy has the best setup out of the box? Which buggy has the best setup data base? Which buggy has the best parts support? Which buggy has the best parts/build quality. Which buggy has the best aftermarket support? Which buggy has the best... You could go on forever.

If you can't narrow down what you want/need out of a car, then this thread is a giant waste of time and space. Just like any other thread that asks "What is the best XYZ?"
I have been thinking ablut the serpent srx2 mm buggy it looks pretty dialed out of the box!
Old 03-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hasntaclue View Post

Agreed. Ultimately I went with a b5m lite due to product and local racer support plus value and comfort level with the brand as well. But a Losi or Durango could of easily filled the spot too.
There are a lot of personal factors and other influences to selection - do your homework and decide what's best for you, spend some money, and go to the track.

Electronics is the same. if your running 17.5 stock buggy a justock is great value. Most people suggest getting the best radio you can afford. I run a Airtronics mxv which isn't holding me back at all. I might not win the a or b-main but that's my fault not the budget electronics in my mind.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:57 PM
Tech Prophet

There is no best 2wd Buggy really there all competitive now its what you can afford . If your new best bet is the B5M and 22 3.0 you got the support at the track and setup help . I have a B5M now comeing from a Durango Dex 210 V2 and man the B5M is plain better on med traction clay !

So I cant recommend the Dex 210 V3 inless you what to do a decent amount of tuning to get it right on that kind of clay .

Other than that the Kyosho , Xray of course have the best quality on the 1/10 scales that is.

Setup wise out of the box the B5M is good on Med traction clay other than the Rear springs are to soft upgrade them and a aluminuim rear pivot ball mount and Front hinge pin mount .
Old 03-07-2016, 10:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

When I was looking for new buggy a few local racers let me test drive a few different cars, all with 17.5 for our box stock class. Drove a b5m, 22 3.0 and yz2. I decided on the yz2 because of its steering. It's a little tail happy, but will turn under anyone. We race on mid-high bite clay on proline primes. The 3 I drove all felt great, would have been happy with any of them, the yz2 just fit my driving tastes better.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

b5m lite. although that yokomo looks insane with it's lay down tranny... which is great for 17.5/stock - lcg and spin.

Last edited by hsp-sandiego; 03-07-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

There is no best buggy. Run whatever you have the most support for, both setup wise and local parts.

Last edited by Cpt.America; 03-08-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.