Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Best Engine for my Monster Pirate!! >

Best Engine for my Monster Pirate!!

Best Engine for my Monster Pirate!!

Old 11-04-2002, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Best Engine for my Monster Pirate!!

What is the most powerful pullstart I can put on my truck? Suggestions.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:51 AM
Tech Rookie

A friend of mine has a Monster pirate and he starts it with a starter box. If you must have a pullstart engine, then your really limiting your options on powerful .21's. Check out the hyper 8 port and the O.S. RG-X. If you scrap the pullstart, then there's a nice field of powerful .21's. Any Novarossi, O.S., Picco, Sirio, RB Concept .21 will get the moster pirate up to speed in a hurry. A must with a faster truck is better steering and braking servo's. The Monster Pirates big wheels make it hard to steer anyways. Good luck.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

I run 24.7's in my rc's both my t-maxx and my Landmax 2. if you are just bashing the 24.7 is the monster truck engine. insane amounts of low end power and a decent price. the only gripe I have about it is the heat tink head can break if it takes a hit bbut therre are not sme really wicked aftermarket heads out there now that can fix that problem and increasethe cooling of the engine x10.

Another good option for a more top end power engine is the hyper 8 port o any Hyper .21 but after 3 bad hyper .21 engines I've found them to be hit or miss. But when they hit they are really powerfull and inexpensive engines.

If you have lots of $$$ get an RB S7 and get a Supermaxx pull start mod on it but... because of the super tight piston/sleve in the RB engines a starter box will probaby still be needed for breakin. I hope this helps.

John